Park Ji-Sung's favoured number is 7?

I have just installed the 9.0.3 patch and have started a new save with Man Utd, I got to the number selection and it says that Park's favoured number is 7. Was this also the case in previous patches? And also, why is this his favoured number?

I'm not sure if it was the case in previous patches but maybe it's his favoured number because that is his number when he plays for South Korea or it may even be his lucky number for some reason or another :)

I'm not sure if it was the case in previous patches but maybe it's his favoured number because that is his number when he plays for South Korea or it may even be his lucky number for some reason or another :)

yep, it's true. His korea number, and he deserves the number 7 wherever he goes!

The favoured numbers have changed between patches, and different games in patch 9.0.3

I don't know about park ji sung, but I have noticed that Carlos Cuellar first off didnt have a favoured number, and now its 5.

Secondly, I've noticed that Oscar Ustari's favoured number was 23, and now its 1..

Seems to me that it purely is random..

The favoured numbers have changed between patches, and different games in patch 9.0.3

I don't know about park ji sung, but I have noticed that Carlos Cuellar first off didnt have a favoured number, and now its 5.

Secondly, I've noticed that Oscar Ustari's favoured number was 23, and now its 1..

Pretty sure it can't be random, seeing as if you look up players in the editor, some of them have preferred numbers set, plus you can set them yourself. Therefore they are in the DB at the start of each game and as such, not random at all

Nah, I just think the newer ones are corrections. Generally, they all make sense.

Also the number he had when he played for PSV.

Pretty sure it can't be random, seeing as if you look up players in the editor, some of them have preferred numbers set, plus you can set them yourself. Therefore they are in the DB at the start of each game and as such, not random at all

ahh ok, should of realised that it could be something that could be edited..

and in reply to Scouse from the south, if they are corrections then I don't know how they have come about them. Cuellar hasnt been number 5 since he left spain, and was 24 at rangers also so thats a bit odd.

and also the players that most definitely have preferred numbers eg. Nigel Reo-Coker (20) arent set as having a preferred number..

Nigel Reo-Coker has been number 20 at MK Dons, West Ham and now Villa..

anyway it doesn't make a difference to the gameplay... I was simply making an observation.

and in reply to Scouse from the south, if they are corrections then I don't know how they have come about them. Cuellar hasnt been number 5 since he left spain, and was 24 at rangers also so thats a bit odd.

and also the players that most definitely have preferred numbers eg. Nigel Reo-Coker (20) arent set as having a preferred number..

Nigel Reo-Coker has been number 20 at MK Dons, West Ham and now Villa..

anyway it doesn't make a difference to the gameplay... I was simply making an observation.

If he wore number 5 at all of the clubs that he played for in Spain, then that's enough reason to warrent it really, as I think it increases the likelyhood of him getting that number if he's transfered. Not sure about the Reo-Coker example, looks like SI have just missed that one.

Certainly all of the favoured numbers that I've seen come up in my Liverpool game have made perfect sense though.

If he wore number 5 at all of the clubs that he played for in Spain, then that's enough reason to warrent it really, as I think it increases the likelyhood of him getting that number if he's transfered. Not sure about the Reo-Coker example, looks like SI have just missed that one.

Certainly all of the favoured numbers that I've seen come up in my Liverpool game have made perfect sense though.

well yeah like I said it's not a huge issue. Good to see some sensible discussion going on though.

Pardon my ignorance but where can you see the players preferred number in game? Or are you talking about in the editor?

When you have to submit squad numbers.

On patch 9.0.2 aiden mcgeady's preffered number was 7.

It was 10 I think.

This might be better in the Data forum, but while we're on the subject, I was surprised to see that David Beckham's favoured number was 23, when it's quite obviously 7.

I have just installed the 9.0.3 patch and have started a new save with Man Utd, I got to the number selection and it says that Park's favoured number is 7. Was this also the case in previous patches? And also, why is this his favoured number?
I don't know if it was like this on previous patches, but I expect that is his favoured number because that is the number he wears when he plays for S. Korea

Park wears NO7 shirt when playing for S. Korea and he got this number during his time at PSV.

This might be better in the Data forum, but while we're on the subject, I was surprised to see that David Beckham's favoured number was 23, when it's quite obviously 7.

debatable really. he's not wore 7 for a club side since united and has had 23 at madrid and LA.

debatable really. he's not wore 7 for a club side since united and has had 23 at madrid and LA.

I believe that's simply because the number 7 shirt was already taken at the clubs before he arrived. Was hardly going to take number 7 away from Raul was he?

I'm sure if he'd had the choice he'd have picked 7.

I believe that's simply because the number 7 shirt was already taken at the clubs before he arrived. Was hardly going to take number 7 away from Raul was he?

I'm sure if he'd had the choice he'd have picked 7.

maybe but he chose 23 as it was michael jordans famous number. he then went on to use this at LA so it's obviously a number he likes, hence its representation in the game.

even at milan he chose 32 (23 backwards) so it's definitely a number that's close to him.

Not disagreeing at all, I can see why 23 is listed as his favourite number. Just pointing out that the number 7 has been taken at every club he's moved to since Man Utd (including AC Milan) Had that not been the case he might not have ever got into this 23 business at all.

He has the number 7 tattooed on his arm, so that'd be my guess, but I do agree that 23 is a number close to him, but I'd still have 7 as his favourite.

Personally i would give Park Ji-Sung number 7 instead of Ronaldo. It's not like cristiano ronaldo is the kind of player to chuck a tantrum over something so small. :D

IIRC he actually wanted number 28 because that's what he wore at Sporting, but Ferguson talked him into taking Beckham's old #7.

Not disagreeing at all, I can see why 23 is listed as his favourite number. Just pointing out that the number 7 has been taken at every club he's moved to since Man Utd (including AC Milan) Had that not been the case he might not have ever got into this 23 business at all.

Yeah, I don't think anyone at the LA Galaxy was going to stop him from getting #7 if that was what he wanted. And if they did try to stop him, he would likely just buy them a car or something, considering most of the MLS guys don't make a whole lot of money.

He has the number 7 tattooed on his arm, so that'd be my guess, but I do agree that 23 is a number close to him, but I'd still have 7 as his favourite.

I rekon player's favoured numbers should change over time.

7 was definately beckham's preferred number when he was at united and just after - but I thnk he'd stick with 23 if given the option now...

I think after a long and sucessful spel with a number - that could change their preference.

Would be great to see former players keeping their numbers when they moved to different clubs...

Park is shocking though.

How can anyone say Park is shocking?

One, he isn't the most gifted of players ill agree with but his work rate is awsome (as stated above :) )

Two, he is a Manchester united player, Man City or Liverpool fans must agree that any player who wears a Man Utd shirt cannot be shocking, look at the success that Man Utd has had under ferguson, i dont think he would continue to field a shocking player let alone play a shocking player in important games.

Three, his attitude is brilliant, after taking a bad tackle he just gets up and continues the game, he gives his all for the shirt.

Four, he gets many assists and the old goal which will always benefit the team :)

How can anyone say Park is shocking?

One, he isn't the most gifted of players ill agree with but his work rate is awsome (as stated above :) )

Two, he is a Manchester united player, Man City or Liverpool fans must agree that any player who wears a Man Utd shirt cannot be shocking, look at the success that Man Utd has had under ferguson, i dont think he would continue to field a shocking player let alone play a shocking player in important games.

Three, his attitude is brilliant, after taking a bad tackle he just gets up and continues the game, he gives his all for the shirt.

Four, he gets many assists and the old goal which will always benefit the team :)

yes like i have stated not the most gifted but you cant fault his attitude and work rate

Park is a massively underrated player imho, yeah he has a great workrate - he also has great control and technique of the ball but doesn't get to prove this regularly for Man U as they have such a big squad.. I'd love him to play for Liverpool myself and I sign him quite a bit on FM even though he is underrated on that too

On patch 9.0.2 aiden mcgeady's preffered number was 7.

When he signed a new contract at the beginning of the season he asked for number 7 but like a week earlier Scott McDonald signed a new contract and asked for number 7 first. Guess who is number 7 now? SKIPPY, SKIPPY, THE HUNS HATE YOU NOW!

Im only going on highlights im not a man utd fan but when ever i see him on highlights and that hes ****, i go west ham home and away so i suppose that im ignorant to some underated players. Watching him today i take back that he is shocking nice goal nice finish but i have seen him sky loads of shots on highlights and never seen him do anything to make me change my mind.

• 5 months later...
Often on my saves, when i am not playing with United, Park gets number 7 before second season, while Ronaldo with 12 or something like that.

Pretty ridiqulous.

Exact same thing has happened to me. Park gets 7 after the first season, and Ronaldo moves to 12. Always makes me chuckle.

I'm in 2010 on FM09 and I've just noticed that Park Ji-Sung and Cristiano Ronaldo have switched numbers! So stupid.

Numbers are really screwed up. When you leave a club, all the players' numbers seem to switch around for no apparent reason. This doesn't happen in real life! You might conceivably get one or two changes, but not wholesale ones.

Archived