The Chelsea thread 2006/07 - Champions

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

Are we going to have a seperate Jose thread seeing as it's cutomary to topicise his every exhalation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't do that! We might make 15 pages if Mourinho discussion is in here icon14.gif

Loving the prospect of Robben and Joe Cole setting up Shevchenko all season long <3 Nice thread title, all it needed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

awesome thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should make a rule next season that all Chelsea and Mourinho bitching comes in here.

Will give the thread a purpose at least.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

awesome thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially when you get news nearly a week late icon14.gif

So, Carlton Cole is now a West Ham player, no loss, he came through the youth system but was never going to get anywhere near a regular place, he may even struggle to hold down a place at West Ham, good luck to him though.

Any ideas on what the price might be? I'm guessing between 1- 1.5M maybe?

On a different note, how does everyone feel about this?

I'm not really sure, Robben has so much potential, but clearly he dosen't show it reguarly enough, I was at the Blackburn game when he made his debut as sub (Eidur icon_frown.gif), he looked so good that day. Every now and then we get flashes of what he's capable of, he's had injury's I know, but alot of the time he dissapears during game's, looks dis-interested and gets frustrated far too quickly and easily.

Don't get me wrong, i wish we had an injury free, fully motivated and on fire Robben, but

If he really does want to go to Real I'd rather we just let him, I'm sure we would get a good price and I'd rather bring in someone else that wants to play for Chelsea.

You're basically wrong, as by not definining my critereon with regards to the my usage of the term "best", my statement is open-ended and ambiguous. Whatever your musings, I have the power to disregard them as pure folly, even if you liaise with my original intended usage. Yeah.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neonexile:

William Gallas > Roberto Carlos </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would probably put gallas above anyone right now (even terry)..he's too good

But if he leaves that means chelsea need to buy at least 2 center backs.

BTW Juni who would you want from the Milan/Juve(Lazio/Fiorentina) clear out? (if it does happen)

Sheva could have come much cheaper had they known about the depromotion icon_frown.gif

• Administrators

only Juve will go down, only one division, they won't sell anyone, merely loan them for a season and then get them back, and they'll give assorted favours to the teams who help them out. I think.

only Juve will go down, only one division, they won't sell anyone, merely loan them for a season and then get them back, and they'll give assorted favours to the teams who help them out. I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you think the Serie C + pts deduction being reported is over the top?

I really didn't see how it was possible but as it has happened in the past...

Yes, he's back with us this year.

Just how good is Sergio Ramos?

It seems crazy that Madrid would spend so much on a then 19 year old who had played only 10 or so (?) games at centre back for Seville. A smallish club, defenders tend to be cheaper, and Madrid don't usually give a **** about stoppers.

Are Scott Sinclair and Michael Mancienne also going to be beyond Ãœber? Considering how hopelessly biased and over-the-top the Arsenal researcher is, I think it's time Juni upped the ante a little!

Johnson to Feyenoord

Nesta and Cannavaro linked icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah because Nesta and Cannavaro would be so bad ? ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mancienne isn't too good, he is that good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm... what on earth does that mean?! I haven't watched any reserve games for a while (since losing Chelsea TV when ditching SKY) but I hear he's been utterly outstanding- and judging by the official website, Sinclair's been bombing them in and reads like he's playing way below his level in the reserves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanyi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mancienne isn't too good, he is that good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm... what on earth does that mean?! I haven't watched any reserve games for a while (since losing Chelsea TV when ditching SKY) but I hear he's been utterly outstanding- and judging by the official website, Sinclair's been bombing them in and reads like he's playing way below his level in the reserves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He meant he isn't "too good" as in he isn't overrated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

dont give up now lads, page 2 is almost upon you icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair goon, about a quarter of last year's Arsenal thread was you whining about who crap FS was at being the Arsenal researcher and how fb you'd be at it...

Archived