The Chelsea thread 2006/07 - Champions

Philip Rolfe

Anyone see the Sky Sports "Chelsea in Ghana" bit.

Essien is FB.

Showed him for Liberty when he was younger (around 18?)

Spoke to the Liberty coach (who played him in defence) and the Chairman who says he is so good because he just sleeps all the time icon_biggrin.gif

Also random people coming up to him and praying at his feet and having to be draged away by security..

Can't imagine how much life must have changed for him really.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calderon at it again. Guy just cant keep his mouth shut it seems. It certainly made Hans Robben (father/agent) raise his eyebrows after hearing what Calderon said.

"Gee, thats remarkable, because I havent spoken with anyone from Madrid. I believe everybody should know by know that Arjen is on the verge of signing a new contract till 2012. Nothing has changed in that."

Hans also expects to have clarity from Kenyon this weekend about when they will pick a date for the contract-extension. They wanted to do that before, but couldnt, because Kenyon has been so busy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chelsea will have 10 new scholars for the start of the 2007/08 season who will contest for places in the Academy Under-19s team and the reserves.

Their signings have been co-ordinated by Director of Youth Football Development Frank Arnesen, Academy Manager Neil Bath, new Youth team Manager Neil Clement, Chief Academy Scout Lee Congerton and all the back-up scouts.

The players are as follows.

Nicky Ahamed

A holding midfielder, from the Wembley area, he has been with Chelsea since he was 10. He played four games, starting two, in the youth team last season.

Niclas Heimann

A German goalkeeper, a free signing from Bayer Leverkusen who is a good size, has good style and is left-footed.

Jordan Hibbert

An attacking midfielder, a South London boy who has been with Chelsea since he was 11. He played eight games, starting six, in the youth team last season and scored twice.

Billy-Joe King

A left-back who has come back well after a long lay-off with a dislocated knee. He has been with Chelsea since he was about seven. Lives in Claygate.

Jacob Mellis

The England Under-16s international attacking midfielder signed this summer from Sheffield United. He has already played at the new Wembley.

Adam Phillip

A striker who somehow got missed by standard scouting and only came into the system aged 15. Eighteen months ago he was playing Sunday park football. Now he has played at the new Wembley. He played six games in the youth team last season, starting three, and scored once.

Daniel Philliskirk

A second striker or attacking midfielder signed this summer from Oldham.

Jack Saville

A left-sided centre-half who joined from Reading Under-14s at the same time as Brendan Rodgers, now reserve team coach. He played four games in the youth team last season.

Jan Sebek

A Czech Under-16s international goalkeeper who is already 1.96m, the same height as Petr Cech. He is a raw talent who also plays as a striker for his Czech club.

Jordan Tabor

Another left-back, from the Oxford area, he has been with Chelsea for two years. He played five games in the youth team last season, starting three.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the GK/Striker lol...monster tall too icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jan Sebek

A Czech Under-16s international goalkeeper who is already 1.96m, the same height as Petr Cech. He is a raw talent who also plays as a striker for his Czech club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God I hope this guy is good. Goalkeeper/Strikers a much underused style of player nowadays.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mardy_Bum:

i just came in to say how much i love your club for stealing yet another one of our talented youngsters. we are basically your feeder club now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably your only source of income tbf icon_wink.gif

Why haven't we signed Ben-Haim, Alves and Tevez yet Roman? icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba wants the team to go a bit "crazy" next season and play more flamboyant football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crazy Didier icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> if u wanna no more bout me or get to know me more add me on msn jus ask me for my addy init if u want it!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Credit to the club imho icon_biggrin.gif

Doubtful it's his real myspace though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

In most cases with the youth players it is.

Juni posted loads and loads of your youth players ones before.

All the Arsenal ones sound like that as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All like to call themselves 'ballers' too.

Any of you lot know anything about Diarra possibly leaving? Or is there any chance of it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

I hope not. Diarra is great and remains our best rightback as things stand. New thread tomorrow \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

New Chelsea thread? Why so early?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

Isn't it the case that he doesn't really want to play as RB and his favoured position is DM?

I don't know much about him but the rumours on the Spurs forums are that we might be in for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he has any sense he'd stay imo. Firstly it may sound like a dig but it's simply fact that Chelsea are better than Tottenham and Tottenham won't be offering him a chance to win or even play in the CL this season, and even next as I fully expect Arsenal to get their act together.

Secondly he should realise Makelele won't be around for long at all, and that is his opportunity to make that position his. Have a season and right back and then the season after a midfield of Diarra, Essien, Mikel and Ballack.

He's still young and getting first team football at a team like Chelsea is invaluable to him, even if it is at rightback.

Diarra is the tits and quite frankly we should all be sh*tting it at the thought of Ribery, Diarra, Diaby and Nasri tearing England to shreds in the future.

If any of us actually gave a f**k about International football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Diarra is the tits and quite frankly we should all be sh*tting it at the thought of Ribery, Diarra, Diaby and Nasri tearing England to shreds in the future.

If any of us actually gave a f**k about International football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But England have Jermaine Jen..... oh icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

If any of us actually gave a f**k about International football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joey Barton ftw icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shergar:

Joey Barton ftw icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right. He'll scare everyone to death by running around the pitch poking everyone in the eye with fags and showing off his butt icon_rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived