New patch, tons of long shots??

Is anyone else seeing tons of long shots with the new patch? Continuing my save where I won the league with Sheff Utd (having a more difficult season afterwards, currently 4th with 10 games left, but at least 20 pts from Man City) and in the CL Ive been competetive usually. In fact, a lot of games even against top teams Ive dominated

Ive just played Roma away and lost 4-0 (My biggest defeat in nearly 8 years in charge) with me having a respectable 11 shots, 4 on target, 6 blocked shots and 2 CCC. Not bad. THEY had a ridiculous 1CCC, 37 shots, 19 on target and 9 blocked shots. The same happened against Villa (they had 20 shots with 2 on target and 1CCC, I had 5 shots 4 on target and 3 CCC, only difference was I won 2-0)

I couldnt believe it! It seems that for some reason my world class defense have completely lost the plot and forgotten how to tackle or close down. Anytime the opposition get on the ball within 40 yards of goal they seem to shoot. And they get there quite often because noone tackles them.

Im lost Im considering waiting a bit then just downloading and tweaking a tactic that I like. Only problem with that is I dont want a "supertactic" where Ill win everything. I just wants one that makes my team play like an actual football team

Any help on what Im doing wrong would really be appreciated! Like I said Ive only played a couple of games so far, so it could be random, but that would seem like a massive coincidence and still 37 shots against (Vs a team where I won the 1st leg at home 2-0 with 10 men for 45 mins) is massive, even if there only was 1CCC. And that still means that (including the blocked shots) they had 1 real chance, and 45 long range efforts. I dont care who you are that is crazy

I think this new patch is more realistic in terms of long shots as from what i've seen there are more players trying their luck from in and around the box which happens alot in real life.

Can't really help you with tactics mates, only thing I can think of is were your team sitting back and packing the defence meaning they were forced to shoot from further out than normal?

I dont think so, I dont play with a particularly deep defensive line (just deep enough so I dont get caught out by every goal kick)

But in reality if a team packs the defense the attacking team will generally try and break through, then if that hasnt worked start shooting from anywhere (when they start to get desperate for a goal) the later into the game they get (unless of course that team IRL is Arsenal, in which case they will not shoot unless they are inside the area, just so Arsene can have a little moan about other teams defending against his team).

In my games the long shots started in the 1st minute. I mean what team starts speculative long range efforts after 1 minute? And then proceeds to have nearly 50 of them in a game? Unless there is actually a team full of Frank Lampards from 3 years ago that simply wont happen

What happens is that you are not leaving any space for them in your box and they are trying from distance. I am having same thing in my away games, out of 23 shots only 3 were from inside of box in last game,while i had like 5(4 being CCC's) in total and won , meh. Afterwards, news headline was that AI team made rue of chances (yeah , right).

And my def line is setup right in the middle of slider( i would call that normal position) and have normal width , so i am not playing something like very defensive at all.It's starting to get tiring to watch all those benign shots.

With the new patch I concede really stupid goals which I never did before. With defenders not tackling or marking players properly a cross then comes in and any player beats my tall defenders ( who are great at heading).

Archived