anyone know any players from fm...in real life?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad used to play football with Alex Mcleish when he was a kid. He also used to play drums in I think it was Jim Baxter's pub when he lived in Scotland aswell.

As for me, I don't know anyone, but living in Canada, there's no Canadian players worth knowing or even worth mentioning.

Played in a youth team with both Louie and Tom Soares (Barnet & Crystal Palace)

I don't know if he's in the game anymore, but Ryan Crockford was in the Reading squad in FM07. Went to school with him, and always thought he was a dick. He was released from Reading, but think he went to Woking or something.

He's recently been arrested for an unprovoked stabbing in Reading town centre.

He always was a **** icon_biggrin.gif

Someone stop this thread -- it's keeping me from playing FM08!

My old coach (who had a stint with Stockport County), now coaching locally in Western Australia, is good friends with a Lecaister City player from the 90s. Can't quite remember, but it might have been Steve Claridge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A friend of mine is best mates with Ben Sahar of chelsea. they grew up in israel together, and he has known him since he was 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wicked! In FM07 he became Chelsea's super striker.

Played in the same youth team as Mark Noble and have his old mobile number as well as chatting regularly to his cousin.

Mate of mine has terry venables for an uncle and managed to share a pint with him at a party a few years back (brownest white man i`ve ever seen)

Guest MaXi-LoPeZ

joseph yobo - my m8 is his firend, went to a party of his, still got his nukmber an txt him sumtimes wishin him well for the match

ryan babel - the red ***** - his gf is in me class in uni, we didnt find out until like 3 months into course wen we wer discussing a recent holland game, she butted in saying she went to it, wen asked why she replied that her bf was playing in it!

rich chaplow - west brom - went on hol with his sister

johnny walters - ipswich town - im ded good m8s with his sister an he went to me skool.

Motherwell's Paul Quinn - was 3 year higher than me at school/played football with him a few times and stayed round the corner from.

Could add Barry Ferguson of Rangers and his brother Derek Ferguson as my gran was friends with barrys wife, used to get christmas/birthday and Signed Pictures from them yeards ago.

I know Gavin McCann former Everton, Aston Villa and England and now plays for Bolton. He went to my high school, and sometimes comes and watches my village team play. His father used to work FOR my dad and his dad also managed my local village team. My friends did some work for Kiegan Parker at Blackpool and said his flat is full of pictures of men and it is believed he is a bender. My friend knows and lived near Colin Hendry, apparently his daughter is amazing! My friends father used to be a physio at Arsenal and he said Wenger is a complete smackhead! I also once met Valerie Singleton (she presented Blue Peter for years) at an airport in Barbados. She isn't a footballer, but still, it's a famous person.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaymoose_86:

Micah Richards (Man City & England) and Seb Hines (Middlesbrough) were both at my school, couple of years below me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wetherby high?

John Owens, Liverpool youth coach (actually Acadamy Head), was my matchs teacher at school for a time.

During that time, he was Assistant Manager at Runcorn in the Conference.

He went on to be England non-league manager, England schoolboys manager, then on to Liverpool, running their acadamy.

Top bloke who always had to bring football into the math's lessons. Always had a "Shoot" annual on the blackboard with a picture of him marking Kenny Dalglish on the cover. He was a full back for Altrincham playing agains Liverpool in the FA Cup!

Guest woody1982

I used to work with Craig Stone of Gillingham's brother and another mate is good friends with Gillingham's Andrew Crofts. I also once saw Bobby Zamora at the cinema when he used to play for Brighton.

This question was posted by someone who gets 99% of their football knowledge from FM quite clearly!!

I chat with a few Chester City players in a queue in Tesco on a Friday night when they won at MK Dons the day after, last season. I don't know who they were but it was a good laugh... for all of 2-3 minutes we spoke!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kick_it:

Lewwis Spence was in my year at school, who plays for Palace. He's still a reserve player trying to break into the first team. Didn't like him much so I hope thats where he stays icon_wink.gif

Also, my mate's girlfriend's uncle/brother figure's family are related to Mark Kennedy! Plays for Palace too, so his family see more of him cause he's living in London. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lewis Spence was a player Palace sent me on loan to help get Bedford promoted on the last FM! Thank him for me next time you see him icon_wink.gif

Oh also seens as other people are sayin who they have met.

Have met all of the wolves team of 2 seasons ago as i was a special guest to the last game of the season against leicester.

Met steve bull and paul ince as well ! and the chairman ricky hayward as well as glenn hodle.

Cant complain really. Kenny miller is a legend !

Used to play football with matt richards (ipswich) and darren ambrose (now at charlton), this was when i was also played for ipswich up until i was 13.

ALso i used to play sunday league football with Richard Keogh who is at one of the bristol teams but has just gone on loan to Carlisle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by em999:

my 98 year old granny slept with wayne rooney </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao at tht!

anyway yes my uncle is in 01-02 and is a free transfer...from stoke icon_biggrin.gif

so sign him up for a league 1-2 or conferance team :p

Archived