anyone know any players from fm...in real life?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get my haircut at the same place as Cesc Fabregas. I love it as I'm a gooner. Denilson also lives up my road, met him a few times, pretty nice bloke although he's not too good at football. Get quite a lot of Arsenal players near me, pretty close to the training ground. Also met Thierry Henry at my gym before he moved to Spain and quite a lot of the Arsenal first team and young boys go gym aswell. Christ I've met a few!

Me best mate was Jason Koumas before I left the country. I played with him and Steven Gerrard in the Eastham League on the Wirral for a team called Heygarth. Well, I played with Gerrard twice because he was mostly training with Liverpool, but I played with Jason for years at school. We used to bunk school and play snooker.

I drank with plenty of the Tranmere lads from Jason's Tranmere days. Alan Mahon is a complete wanka. He used to finish a drink, throw the glass in the air, and try and control it on his foot. Total flash wanka. Those lads used to get trolleyed on a Wednesday night with training the next day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ferthepoet:

have anyone ever met Orry Freyr Oskarsson It would be really funny to know what does he think about being the best player in the world in a video game when In reality he´s a nobody </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know him but he plays for a team in Iceland called Grindavík, which just go promoted from the 1.division. He isn't even a regular there last time I checked!

Some might also remember Andri Sigþórsson who was a legend on one of the CM games, think it was 99/00. He retired a few years ago quite young because of injury. He was actually a fairly promising player and played in Norway and Austria.

His younger brother, 17 year old Kolbeinn Sigþórsson, however is really talented. He plays for AZ Alkmaar in Holland. He was the top scorer in the qualifying rounds of last years U-17 Euro Qualifiers and has been offered trials all around Europe.

My dad's friend Jerimiah (forget his surname), who now owns a pub in country Australia used to play for Southampton, when they were in the third devision I think. He's not on FM or anything but he did play for Northern Ireland and a he knew George Best quite well, said he was a good bloke one to one.

yeah stokesy dat plays wit sunderland is my mate since we wer like 5.. we still hang out wen he comes home 2 ireland on hols and stuff... ross gaynor of millwal is also a close friend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clicki88:

yeah stokesy dat plays wit sunderland is my mate since we wer like 5.. we still hang out wen he comes home 2 ireland on hols and stuff... ross gaynor of millwal is also a close friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

I did a short yts at Norwich with Robert Green, Craig Bellamy, Chris Llewellyn, Darren Kenton, Adrian Forbes, Darren Way. All lads are on the game. I am on the game but need Australia database loaded and playing for Stirling Lions. I know plenty of other Aussie lads on the game.

Scott and Greg McGrory of Barnsley. Also Luke Townsend formerly of Crawley, Basingstoke, Portsmouth, etc. Also played against a bunch of the Americans such as Freddy Adu, Danny Szetela, Dax McCarty, Nathan Sturgis, Rodrigo Hidalgo, Christian Jimenez, Quavas Kirk, and the list goeson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

My cousin is Chris Clark who plays for Aberdeen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aww nice one im a die hard don! you no think he looks a wee bit like ziggy from big brother?

Lewwis Spence was in my year at school, who plays for Palace. He's still a reserve player trying to break into the first team. Didn't like him much so I hope thats where he stays icon_wink.gif

Also, my mate's girlfriend's uncle/brother figure's family are related to Mark Kennedy! Plays for Palace too, so his family see more of him cause he's living in London.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

if he is then tell him to start pulling his finger out his arse.

I am an Aberdeen fan by the way. He is giving the team no contributin at the moment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlasgowKnight:

I am an Aberdeen fan by the way. He is giving the team no contributin at the moment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told him to buck up after that poor performance against Celtic and he went and got man of the match against hibs (3-1) and scored aswell!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlasgowKnight:

I am an Aberdeen fan by the way. He is giving the team no contributin at the moment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told him to buck up after that poor performance against Celtic and he went and got man of the match against hibs (3-1) and scored aswell! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i always thought he was a pacey winger. recently ive seen him, and hes so dour and slow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

I told him to buck up after that poor performance against Celtic and he went and got man of the match against hibs (3-1) and scored aswell! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i always thought he was a pacey winger. recently ive seen him, and hes so dour and slow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what happens I guess if your played in the middle of the park all last season and told to bulk up - you lose your pace!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superman_uk123:

Not really that famous, but Northwich Victoria's GK Ben Connett is my friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite possibly the worst goalkeeper in the history of the game.

Anyway, I'm mates with Gloucester Citys RM Lee Smith.

My uncle knows Danny Wilson. I saw him in a pub in Chesterfield once. He looked so out of place in his fancy suit.

He also knows pretty much most of the Chesterfield staff/team, as he's like, a major fanatical fan and stuff.

my mate got off with sol davis' sister at 333 old street a few years back, which was really funny as she couldn't believe we knew who he was.

i have met a fair few through work, but otherwise i played against marcus bent when we were kids [he went to a rival local school and ****ed all over us], shared champers with gus poyet in a club in lisbon during the euros [really nice guy!], have oddly sat at guti's table in a club in madrid and met chris coleman and kit symons in a club in london just after fulham won the old first division and just before his car crash. he was hammered.

and i met emile heskey at a gig once. he was dressed like huggy bear, very friendly. i gave him an energy drink icon_smile.gif

Archived