9.3.0 Coach Formula

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great work on the formulas -- But something is off.

I have this Coach Rune H. Bundgaard (Den) with ratings of:

Att - 14

Def - 15

Fit - 11

Men - 14

Tec - 20

Tac - 20

Gk - 2

Det - 1

Dis - 14

Mot - 8

Your formula says nothing above 4 stars, however in the game I am getting 5 stars in Tac, Ball Control, Attack, Shoot, and Set pieces

I think it's your maths that is off :) the formula gives the rating that you say.

First thanks for the formula its really helpful.:thup:

The thing is I couldn't find anything in the changelist about this particular change:confused:.

Now I'm wondering if my coaches were really doing "the 7 stars" coaching as I was thinking. There was a point at which I was wondering if the other stats like Motivation, Determination etc. were doing anything at all.

• 2 weeks later...
;3017951']That would be absolute nonsense. Just imagine' date=' how much filters you'll have to create... it is a number greater than 100 ;)

A list of all available 5,6,7 star coaches would make more sense.[/quote']

Its not nonsense there have been filters for previous patches. Theres about 23 for 7 stars if you wanted 5 or 6 stars then just lower the filters!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont think everyones getting it..

all the new system has done is make the star system useful to us, the player...

before your 7 star coaches meant nothing... you couldnt tell how good they actually were as the formula's used werent accurate..

if your 7 star coach dropped down to a 4 after the change... it means your coach wasnt actually that good and wasnt actually doing what you thought..

as a SI member has already said.... aim for the best yes... but dont expect a whole team of 7 star coaches... as this is unrealistic... no team in the world has the best coaches in every area....

if my premiership mid table team has 5 star coaches across the board... im bloody well happy.. its a solid base now after the change...

he change hasnt made your coaches any worse.... their stats havent changed... its just the star rating system that has...

also.... complaining about 'this is a game not a maths exam' is rubbish... your not meant to know all of this math stuff.. your meant to find a coach you like... with the stats you like... and hire them...

this stuff on here is a tool for those who want to use it...

The formulae work perfectly for me, save for my goalkeeping coaches - they are 7* for first team training, but 3* for youth team training.

They have high working with youngsters traits so that's not it - does anyone have any ideas?

I've always been curious to see why SI have decided that these 3 attributes are 'key' to Coaching.

I just ran a save game for 3 seasons while i was at work.

1 club: Espanyol had elite Coaches, 20/20/20 for det/motv/disc with 20 for their relevant area. I picked 5 players aged 18, stuck them on long term contracts and edited their hidden mental attributes; professionalism, ambition et al to 10.

I did the same with another club; Villarreal. 5 players aged 18 with hidden mental stats of 10 all round. I made their coaches truely horrendous with ratings of 5 all round.

3 years later, each player has only nominal increases in mental stats. At most, 1 player had an increase of 3 points. Most had 1-2 point increases in 3 years for both clubs.

I wasn't expecting massive differences between the 2 clubs players, but i was expecting better coaches to have some effect on the players they coach. There wasn't any difference between the poor coaches at Villarreal and the great coaches at Espanyol in the way they related to player development.

Quite dissappointing. You'd expect the Man Utd coaches to have more of an effect on players development than Joe Blogg from Rushden & Diamonds. There's obviously more variables in the equation than simply great coaches, but i was expecting better results.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When filtering for ddm and attacking (I want a good attacking coach) I can't seem to find any coach that gets a higher rating than five stars when I do the calculation :( how is that possible?

edit: nvm, I should read before posting.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Good work AJetsOf.

I have created a spreadsheet that does all the maths for you. You just have to enter the coach details in the "Coaches" sheet and then look at the "Stars" sheet to see what rating it gives.

http://drop.io/footballmanager

Once you have entered a few coaches can you send me the sheet and will merge them into one so it is easy to see the best coaches in the future.

Thanks,

Works great for me, thanks!!

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived