9.3.0 Coach Formula

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hired a bunch of 7 star coaches in my network game so I am dreading to see what they have turned out to be now!!

With all this (un-needed) change, does this mean its goin to be harder to get players trained to their PA. With 7 star coaches few and far between it surely means no-one will be as good as when the old system was in play??

Anyone else think this?

The thing is, how realistic was it to have so many 7 star coaches before? Surely the 2 or 3 that there are in each position is much more realistic and representative of reality, just as there are so few genuinely world beating players (Ronaldo, Messi)...

So it's a nice filtering hell now to find good coaches. :(

Could we get some improved filtering then at least? Meaning a filter like "stat1 + stat2 + stat3 = at least: x".

There should be at least one for each category imo, one to benchmark others by. As it is in my game the only defense coach that would get 6 stars is John Terry who's still playing for Chelsea at the age of 40. Similar with attacking and shooting coaches, there are one or two that are borderline 6 stars but none more than a few points over the total needed. No one even remotely close to 7. If motivating, determination and discipline is regarded this highly then there should at least be a couple of coaches that actually fit under the criteria. Finding one with double figures in each three and remotely useful in technical areas is difficult to say the least.

Also, has the attribute fluctuation pattern had a change as well? All my players seem to go up and down every couple of months instead of improving steadily as before. Annoying a bit as they often lose a point in an important area and then gain one in something they don't actually need - getting worse as a player in result when their ability points total remains the same.

So it's a nice filtering hell now to find good coaches. :(

Could we get some improved filtering then at least? Meaning a filter like "stat1 + stat2 + stat3 = at least: x".

Yeah, I was wondering whether that could be done too. If a combined DDM column could be added using a custom skin, it'd speed things up immeasurably.

Great job AJetsOf!

But what about physios?

I'm playing AC Milan and on 9.2.0 my physios could exactly predict the time of reviving from injuries but on 9.3.0 they can only tell an approximate time - they say "3 or maybe even 4 weeks" etc. so I'm pretty sure it's because of low "DDM" attributes.

Could someone please find a formula which will point to a good physio who can tell the exact time of reviving from an injury?

My best physio at this time is Lieven Maesschalk who has Determination = 14, Dicipline = 1, Motivation = 16 and Physical = 20.

If anyone has found any 6 or 7 star Attacking or Defending Coaches can you please post their names?

Thanks!

Just having a quick play with genie. In my game there are no 7* attack coaches and only 1 6* coach.

There's no 7* defence coaches either. There's 5 6* defending coaches. 4 of those are assistant managers and one is a goalkeeping coach.

I'm really hoping this situation will improve with regen coaches.

It makes sense now, but im still a bit peeved that "Mental Coaching" is not utilized more often. I think like ddm it should be a universal stat because it has to do with every aspect of training.

I'm really hoping this situation will improve with regen coaches.

It won't really, no regen coahces have double figures in all three important mental attributes either so there are virtually no 7 star ones. For a 7 star defensive coach for example all five important stats (defense, tactics, determination, discipline, motivation) need to be 18+. Not likely to happen is it.

Basically I fully understand why the system was changed and it's better this way, but the requirements for 7 stars (especially in defense and attack categories) need to come down considerably. There's no point in having a scale of 7 if the highest range is not realistically reachable.

It won't really, no regen coahces have double figures in all three important mental attributes either so there are virtually no 7 star ones. For a 7 star defensive coach for example all five important stats (defense, tactics, determination, discipline, motivation) need to be 18+. Not likely to happen is it.

Basically I fully understand why the system was changed and it's better this way, but the requirements for 7 stars (especially in defense and attack categories) need to come down considerably. There's no point in having a scale of 7 if the highest range is not realistically reachable.

I'd be interested to see what the regen coaches/retired players stats look like.

Anybody started a new game with 9.3.0 and played 3 seasons??

Can you post some regen coaches pictures???

I'd be interested to see what the regen coaches/retired players stats look like.

Anybody started a new game with 9.3.0 and played 3 seasons??

Can you post some regen coaches pictures???

1, 2, 3

That's the general pattern, high stats in some key areas, lots of 1-s and 3-s in others. It's a save started on 9.1.0 and played through 9.2.0 now updated to 9.3.0 though, but I'd be extremely surprised if anything regarding this has been changed in 9.3.0.

1, 2, 3

That's the general pattern, high stats in some key areas, lots of 1-s and 3-s in others. It's a save started on 9.1.0 and played through 9.2.0 now updated to 9.3.0 though, but I'd be extremely surprised if anything regarding this has been changed in 9.3.0.

Cheers for the pics mate.

Interesting one.

I find it a bit odd that the coaching system has been changed but none of the coaching attributes have been altered at all.

My post above shows it's impossible on my current game to get 6* coaching in some areas let alone 7* unless you're playing with a world class club.

Maybe regen coaches discipline/motivating/mental attributes improve over time???

I'm really struggling with this!

More by luck than any (literally any) judgement I have stumbled across Milton Nienow who is a Brazilian GK coach at Vasco. His stats may be random, but second season in he appears to be a 7* fitness coach.

Got my head around this now, this really is an excellent post, thank you!

Cheers for the pics mate.

Interesting one.

I find it a bit odd that the coaching system has been changed but none of the coaching attributes have been altered at all.

My post above shows it's impossible on my current game to get 6* coaching in some areas let alone 7* unless you're playing with a world class club.

Maybe regen coaches discipline/motivating/mental attributes improve over time???

I agree, seems that's the whole thing's been left half-way a bit. And as I said earlier, what I really want now is an IMPROVED FILTERING SYSTEM!! Is it really a good thing that you have to "micro manage" with the current filtering system for ages to be able to find coaches with needed attributes?? I've always hated that part of starting a new game, when you have to search for decent staff members (especially coaches), and now it's 10 times the job that it was before. Sigh.

As for the regen coaches, yes I think that their stats improve over time.

I agree that there is no point having a scale of 7 if it can't be reached but you can have just as much success with 4, 5, and 6 star coaches so i don't think it matters too much that there aint a lot of 7 star coaches about.

I agree, seems that's the whole thing's been left half-way a bit. And as I said earlier, what I really want now is an IMPROVED FILTERING SYSTEM!! Is it really a good thing that you have to "micro manage" with the current filtering system for ages to be able to find coaches with needed attributes?? I've always hated that part of starting a new game, when you have to search for decent staff members (especially coaches), and now it's 10 times the job that it was before. Sigh.

As for the regen coaches, yes I think that their stats improve over time.

Just download the newest version of Genie Scout. It allows you to find 7 star coaches. It's great.

Great job AJetsOf!

But what about physios?

I'm playing AC Milan and on 9.2.0 my physios could exactly predict the time of reviving from injuries but on 9.3.0 they can only tell an approximate time - they say "3 or maybe even 4 weeks" etc. so I'm pretty sure it's because of low "DDM" attributes.

Could someone please find a formula which will point to a good physio who can tell the exact time of reviving from an injury?

My best physio at this time is Lieven Maesschalk who has Determination = 14, Dicipline = 1, Motivation = 16 and Physical = 20.

I just did some analysis. See my post

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=108548

tell u guys wad, hire 2 coaches per area. bound to get 7 stars

Is this possible? Instead of finding one coach giving you a 7 star training according to the above formula (which is quite impossible), can you then just find 2 coaches covering each their aspect (for instance, one coach have the mental stats, the other coach the coaching abilities)? Because it must be a bit easier to achieve the 7 star training this way...

Is this possible? Instead of finding one coach giving you a 7 star training according to the above formula (which is quite impossible), can you then just find 2 coaches covering each their aspect (for instance, one coach have the mental stats, the other coach the coaching abilities)? Because it must be a bit easier to achieve the 7 star training this way...

Doesn't work like that. I have 4 coaches on some areas (had to have all of them on long contracts due to the disappearing staff bug in 9.2, now I can't get rid) and it still only counts the best one.

I haven't tried 9.3 yet, but in previous incarnations this wouldn't work. The quality of coaching doesn't improve if you simply hire two or more coaches for each area - the workload for the coaches in each area is simply decreased.

;2796332']Just a little remark:

Defensive:

def * 8 + (tac + ddm) * 3 => 11:3

Attack:

att * 6 + tac * 3 + ddm * 2 => 9:2

In the most categories the proportion of special attribute training to general training ability is 9:2

Why is the general training ability in the defense category gentrified? Wouldn't it make more sense to set it the same proportion as the Attack category? (Or the other way round)

Just quoted myself once again. Anyone who shares my idea?

And another question: Is this formula linear? e.g. Defensive sum >=240 4 stars, >=200 3 stars, >=160 2 stars and so on? Or will the gaps increase a little bit?

Coaches CA/PA move unlike players'. A coaches CA will increase rather quickly (less than a month) to match his PA. After that, relatively small, and apparently random, changes occur to his PA, with his CA quickly adjusting up and down as dictated.

Personally, I believe, especially in light of the recent change (even though the change didn't effect coach development), that a coaches mental stats should slowly increase over time, as they gain experience. But this is most decidedly NOT the case.

Certainly, coach progression is something that needs an overhaul. But what? Slow progression to their eventual max? That would mean every 30ish coach would be terrible, and most would be at their best by age, what, 55-sh, 60ish, and then retire. How happy would everyone be if they finally got solid 6-star staff, only to have to turn over a staff of coaches every 3, 4, years? No thanks, not fun. But something's gotta be better than what we have now.

I have a question about this. I have a coach who gets 206 for Stength/Aerobic and 218 for Attacking. In the coaching section for my team if I tick Strength or Aerobic or both and hover over the rating it's says "Good" rating. If I untick them and then tick Attacking the rating says "Decent". Should'nt it be a better rating based on this formula or does the rating on the coaching screen mean something else?

This is completed stupid that everything has changed.

Question. Youth Stats has no baring on youth development? Correct or Myth? Because on another thread people were saying it had no baring.

Oh by the way I had to completely sack and rehire my entire coaching staff to get 7 stars after the 9.0.3. patch release.

Great work on the formulas -- But something is off.

I have this Coach Rune H. Bundgaard (Den) with ratings of:

Att - 14

Def - 15

Fit - 11

Men - 14

Tec - 20

Tac - 20

Gk - 2

Det - 1

Dis - 14

Mot - 8

Your formula says nothing above 4 stars, however in the game I am getting 5 stars in Tac, Ball Control, Attack, Shoot, and Set pieces

Archived