Greatest transfers **PLAYER NAMING**

Just wondering what people's best transfers have been, either in terms of impact or value for money.

I have, for example, just secured the summer arrival of Lionel Messi at Anfield for £43.5m thanks to his minimum fee release clause (it was only £6m above his actual valuation). The irony was that the confirmation news item came through the day before I played Barcelona at Camp Nou in the Champs Lge last 16. It's gonna be a great attacking quartet at Liverpool, with Torres playing just in front of Messi, Gerrard and Agüero!

The subs bench is gonna include van der Vaart as well, who I bought for a mere £6m. The (mildly) interesting thing about this deal was that he'd been on loan for the second half of 08/09 at Everton, who had an agreed fee of £12m, but couldn't agree terms with the player. I enquired about him, at Madrid told me they wanted £6m, which was half his value!

Some of my best deals though were back on 08 as Palermo, I signed Wesley Sneijder and Matías Fernández from Roma for reasonably low prices for such quality players (esp. on fm). I think O got 'em for a combined £25m (in two different transfer windows) after Roma had spent twice as much and then hardly ever played them! think I got D'Alessandro that way too, and they helped us romp to the Serie A title, with Amauri and Iaquinta bagging most of the 105 league goals.

Archived