** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the Pirahna tactic, using it with my Leicester team in the Championship league. FWIW, I am playing a "career" game in which I started unemployed, finally got a job in the NIR premier, got fired (terrible team and nothing worked,) got picked up after a couple of unemployed years by a team in the lower leagues, did well enough I was offered and accepted a job with Leicester, first season we finished in the mid-lower end of the table, this season we were predicted to be 17th (out of 24.)

I picked up some decent players on transfer, put a young 17 year old striker in the starting line-up even though my ass. man. said he was 4th best striker, sold off the striker my coaches said was my best striker because he just didn't score, 17 year old is starting to do well, but we still looked bound for a mid table ending at best. Just didn't seem to be getting the best out of my players.

So, have been using the Pirahna tactic without any of the special training suggestion, etc. And it has made a big difference.

First, my players are MUCH more aggressive in going after the ball, and that has made a big difference. The play is not "weird" like some tactics that clearly are designed to exploit AI weaknesses - it looks like very pretty football. And my players are now playing the way I expected them too. We are winning most games against weaker opponents, actually won an FA cup game against a lower table Premier league team, did well against another higher end Premier league team in the next round of the cup and lost 2-1 in the very last minute, and we're 5th in the table now towards the end of the season.

We have lost a couple of games - got whipped 1-4 against the #1 team in the Champ league, they just outplayed us from start to finish, it was ugly. But that's OK - I DON'T want a tactic that lets me win every game, that's just not realistic. We're getting lots of chances, we look like we're winning the games we should win, putting up a good fight against stronger teams and sometimes winning one, and it just looks like a good realistic solid tactic. That is, I need to do my job as manager in putting the right players in the right positions, getting some players for my weak spots, watching and subbing when a player has a bad game, figure out the team chemistry of who plays best with whom. etc. But this tactic feels like it maximizes the play of my team - not magic - and again, that's with none of the advice given by the author in terms of training, etc.

Oh - one thing that seems to help - when playing a clearly superior team, dropping the slider on the defense back a couple of notches made a big difference in keeping them at bay and allowing us to get our chances.

Oh - one thing that seems to help - when playing a clearly superior team, dropping the slider on the defense back a couple of notches made a big difference in keeping them at bay and allowing us to get our chances.

Do you mean the Defensive Line, or the Mentality slider??

finally got it to work scoring plenty of goals. made a slight tweak in my midfield. stopped the wingers swapping and made messi have a free role and highest freedom. he's since scored 10 goals from midfield and i signed tevez, he's scored 12 in 8 and lavezzi has started banging them in. good job as i have eto'o and henry out injured. party on

finally got it to work scoring plenty of goals. made a slight tweak in my midfield. stopped the wingers swapping and made messi have a free role and highest freedom. he's since scored 10 goals from midfield and i signed tevez, he's scored 12 in 8 and lavezzi has started banging them in. good job as i have eto'o and henry out injured. party on

Which version did you tweak? Do you play Messi as a central midfielder or as a winger? What kind of tweaks exactly did you do in your midfield? Did you do tweaks for the strikers? Does it work away from home too?

Which version did you tweak? Do you play Messi as a central midfielder or as a winger? What kind of tweaks exactly did you do in your midfield? Did you do tweaks for the strikers? Does it work away from home too?

i tweaked the real madrid version. i took off swapping RM/LM and made messi free role and highest creative freedom. i play him RM. this works home and away but when messi is unavailable i revert back to the original real madrid as my back up RM isnt good enough to play a free role. no tweaks to the strikers

Do you mean the Defensive Line, or the Mentality slider??

Sorry, defensive line. Just pulling them back some has made a big difference when, for example, I've played in a cup match against a higher league team.

here's the link fellas

http://rapidshare.com/files/252989842/barca_piranha_messi__Barcelona__Jan_2009_.tac.html

this works excellent with messi in the free role. i have back up in walcott, doesnt work as good but i have yet to taste defeat averaging around 3 goals per game. when i play away to a big team like real madrid i tend to start with the original real madrid tweak but switch to this one if i am on top without scoring

any questions just ask

here's the link fellas

http://rapidshare.com/files/252989842/barca_piranha_messi__Barcelona__Jan_2009_.tac.html

this works excellent with messi in the free role. i have back up in walcott, doesnt work as good but i have yet to taste defeat averaging around 3 goals per game. when i play away to a big team like real madrid i tend to start with the original real madrid tweak but switch to this one if i am on top without scoring

any questions just ask

OH MY GOD

i won werder bremen 0-4 away !!!!!!!! friendly but still ;D i like this tactic already

here's the link fellas

any questions just ask

Can you reupload this tactic?

Follow-up to my previous post: my team is realling doing well with this tactic after about 10 matches. Not total blow-outs, very realistic games, and we do lose on occasion, but doing better than when I was using another 4-4-2 tactic that is rated tops in this forum. Playing with Leicester, 2012, fictional players, was offered and accepted the job in 2011 where we ended up mid-table. Predicted to be mid-table this season and were on track for about a 8th to 10th position. Switched to this tactic and now my high potential players are living up to their potential - with just a few matches left we've moved to 3rd.

It's not magic (thank goodness!) - the play feels "real." We can still have a bad day on the pitch and lose - that's football and to be expected. And I do tweak things in a game when needed, for example, against stronger teams I may move the defensive line back a couple of notches, when ahead and wanting to nurse our lead (and I am bad about wanting to never back down, even when ahead!) I'll move the slider to make the team play in a more defensive attititude, and if I see a team in full on throw everyone forward attack mode against us, particularly a weaker to even team, I'll sometimes put on the counter attack.

But overall, a good solid tactic. We'll see how well it works for us if we get promoted to the Premiership, which looks likely! Right now my biggest problems with the team are a 19 year old center back who I groomed and is now doing great but feels he needs to move to a bigger team for his career, and nothing I can do will make him happy to stay with us, and having 3 great young strikers and only 2 striker positions! :)

Oh, and let me add I'm using the Pirahna V6 tactic, and I'm not doing any of the other advice provided with it, i.e. I am using my own training schedules, didn't specifically search for the type of players recommended, etc.

Here is an update to the previous tweaks that I posted.

- on top of the existing requirements, ML/MR must be good crossers, as they will be feeding the penalty box with low and high crosses most of the time.

- Strikers must have the ff. traits to be successful:

Agility

Acceleration

Dribbling

First Touch

Finishing

Creativity

Technique

Off The Ball

Long Shots

- The left striker is the target man. Supply is set To Feet. He has a free role.

- The right striker must have good heading/jumping.

Here is the link:

http://h1.ripway.com/NeonChaos/TB-V6-PIRANHA-MEATLOAF-STRIKERTWEAK.tac

great tactic, used it for a couple of seasons now, but the amount of goals it gets from corners is quite annoying as i'd prefer scoring more from open play. Ive even changed challenge keeper from CB to a striker with good stats for heading but he gets less goals..

- on top of the existing requirements, ML/MR must be good crossers, as they will be feeding the penalty box with low and high crosses most of the time.

Agility

Acceleration

Dribbling

First Touch

Finishing

Creativity

Technique

Off The Ball

Long Shots

- The left striker is the target man. Supply is set To Feet. He has a free role.

Here is the link:

It won't work for me :( Link is broken.

Using makelele's version of V6 for my spurs career game, with the following minor tweaks.

took away swapping from all except forwards

For away, i just put barrows on the fb.

Did pretty well during the 1st season with practically a brand new team. Finished 3rd (with the best away record in the league)

Awesome during the 2nd season so far:

record as of 27 dec 09 1st place

15W 2D 1L GF52 GA 17

:D

here's the link fellas

any questions just ask

Great tweaked version mate:thup:.

1st season as man city i'd already played 21 games and then switched to this tactic.

From the remaining 17 games in the league my record looked like this - W15 D1 L1, the loss was away to chelsea with robinho and vagner love both injured. I had many great results e.g. beating man utd 2-0 at (H), winning against liverpool 2-1 (H). In the end i won the league with 93 points but remember i had only been using this tactic for the remaining 17 games and i noticed a massive difference:D.

I also won the League cup against liverpool 2-0, and i won the UEFA cup 4-0 against schalke

Here was my starting 11 in my 1st season :

GK: Given

DR : Srna

DL : Molinaro

DC : Demichelis

DC : Fazio/Richards

MR : Ribery

ML : Buonanotte/Sanchez

MC : Moutinho

MC : Veloso

ST : Vagner Love

ST : Robinho

Once again, great tweaked version mate, the goals come from all over the place now with every player in my first 11 except molinaro getting goals. Well done:thup:.

Agility

Acceleration

Dribbling

First Touch

Finishing

Creativity

Technique

Off The Ball

Long Shots

Here is the link:

supply to feet - what attributes are needed?

This tactic has worked extremely well for me. Both with lower league teams and top teams. The best results I got were with the game in the screenshots below, using Makeleles version with a few tweaks of my own (loose/zonal marking, lowered creativity on non-free role striker a bit, raised creativity on right hand MC, removed all swapping except both FCs, lowered defensive line a few notches). I also made a more defensive version for tough away games with lowered team mentality, a barrow on the left MC, four barrows on the defenders, team tight marking, counterattack on.

Note: the game below is with a squad of very good/world class regens, but still the best results I've ever had:

Premier League winners:

P38 W37 D1 L0 For107 Ag10 Pts112

& won everything else

67 matches played total, avg. goals per match 3.1 scored 0.3 conceded

overviewn.th.jpg

epl.th.jpg

**Disclaimer** These tweaks were made to suit my own team, they may not work for you. :)

- I let my assistant manager do most of the team talks

- My strikers are Fernando Torres and a world class regen, both could be considered "complete forwards" I guess. Strikers with good passing, dribbling, pace and strength have worked well for me.

- Having 2 MCs with good Long Shots, Finishing and Composure attributes really helps, they will score plenty of goals.

- I use pacey wingers with lots of flair. A big bonus is high dribbling, finishing and composure too, they can cut inside and be on the receiving end of crosses from the other side.

- Fast defenders is a must. If you don't have these, lower the D-line and untick the play offside button.

- Fullbacks with good dribbling and crossing skills.

- If I'm up against a team using a quality AMC I will move the left MC down to the DM position and set him to man mark the AMC.

- Team marking is set to loose/zonal

- When playing in bad weather I set the passing to 10-15.

- If your club has had a string of successes and a high rep, you'll notice that when you're playing at home, teams will play really defensive against you. For example, they will play a 4-4-2 with their MCs moved back to the DM position. In the match commentary you'll see things like "So and so is in no hurry to take the throw", which indicates high time wasting on their part. If all this happens it can help to play a "control" version of the tactic: lower your tempo and lower your defensive line (unticking the play offside button) to draw them out and create more space on the pitch. Maybe up your width by a few notches.

- I'm not really done yet with the defend version of the tactic, I think it can be improved upon. Perhaps tight/man marking will help. I find it's usually better to keep attacking when you're ahead. Often when I switch to defend too early the opponent will equalize.

Here are the tactics:

Piranha Sleepydude

Defend version:

Piranha Sleepydude Defend

P38 W37 D1 L0 For107 Ag10 Pts112

WTF? :O

Heh, yeah as I said this is with a world class squad. On other saves with more "normal" teams the results have been slightly less stellar, but still winning the Premier League with usually 100+ points.