** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Hey Tyler after having pretty good success with Motherwell...my HDD finally crapped itself so i have started another game with Ferencvaros in the Hungarian Second Division..So far im on top 11 games unbeaten with no players signed.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a point I've noticed from playing Eagle. (Since this is a beta I'm guessing you're chasing feedback Tyler?)

My forward is regularly losing every header in the games no matter the opposition, my last game for example my forward player challenged for 15 headers and won one... the wingers weren't much better... is there anyway to try and keep the ball on the deck? That's the most glaring thing I've noticed about the tactic? When it does work though I think the football looks a lot nicer than on V6, few of the goals have been stunning with the ball zinging from defence to the wing, back into midfield, out to the wing and on to the striker with the opposition just chasing shadows!

So Eagle started well but seems to have hit a hiccup... I'm not sure whether it's just my team having a blip though or the tactic... I'll keep you posted...

No words to describe this tactic, it's simply fantastic!!! Using V6 i won the serie A in first year and finalist in the italian cup. 'm trying now the EAGLE and it's working even better. Thank U Tyler

immagine1zhc.th.png

immagine2cfp.th.png

immagine3unc.th.png

Okay, jascko, I implemented your suggestions. Must say the results are pretty awesome so far. You might really be on to something with the MC dropping to DMC.

I have 10 games remaining in the league, leading by 4 points, conceding just 13 goals so far (10 of which since switching to Eagle), scoring 44. Made it through to the semi final of the Dutch cup and still in the UEFA Cup after dropping out of the CL. So far, things are looking good.

Will post screenies of tactic, results and final standing in the league at the end of the season.

Okay, jascko, I implemented your suggestions. Must say the results are pretty awesome so far. You might really be on to something with the MC dropping to DMC.

I have 10 games remaining in the league, leading by 4 points, conceding just 13 goals so far (10 of which since switching to Eagle), scoring 44. Made it through to the semi final of the Dutch cup and still in the UEFA Cup after dropping out of the CL. So far, things are looking good.

Will post screenies of tactic, results and final standing in the league at the end of the season.

I'm glad to be able to help. Did you use mix or none FWR (forward runs) for DM? I hope Tyler bode can read this in try it.

Hey,

I'm gonna try EAGLE BETA with my Académica de Coimbra (Portuguese first division). And v6 occasionally at home games. I'll post my results, transfers and league table at the end of the season.

Thanks tyler, you're the MAN.

aac.jpg

Hey,

I'm gonna try EAGLE BETA with my Académica de Coimbra (Portuguese first division). And v6 occasionally at home games. I'll post my results, transfers and league table at the end of the season.

Thanks tyler, you're the MAN.

aac.jpg

Eu não fazia isso. Deixava a Académica ir lá para a segunda Liga. Depois de ganhar ao meu Benfica era o que mereciam.lol

Eu não fazia isso. Deixava a Académica ir lá para a segunda Liga. Depois de ganhar ao meu Benfica era o que mereciam.lol

LOL deixa de ser assim, a culpa não é da Académica, culpa o Quique e os nossos jogadores :p

Okay, so I've just finished my second season. Screenies below, and the results have been awesome! Champions with ease, despite the Ajax&PSV squads being stronger. Dutch Cup was a nice bonus as well.

I changed the tactic as mentioned in the posts above. Worked really well, very few goals conceded.

azoverview.jpg

azstandings.jpg

azformation.jpg

Okay, so I've just finished my second season. Screenies below, and the results have been awesome! Champions with ease, despite the Ajax&PSV squads being stronger. Dutch Cup was a nice bonus as well.

I changed the tactic as mentioned in the posts above. Worked really well, very few goals conceded.

azoverview.jpg

azstandings.jpg

azformation.jpg

Yes, I did, no FWR for DMC. Worked a charm.

What settings for closing down did you use on your DM, or did you just move the CM straight there and just adjust his FWR to none?

Sure, this is the modified tactic.

Download tactic here

I've changed the middle MC to DMC with barrow. Also, his closing down is on 'Own Half'.

Adding to that, freekicks are aimed at 'Best header' and Throw-ins are taken 'Short'.

Your right CB is set to 'Attack goalkeeper' at corners, make sure he is a tall player with good headers.

Apart from these changes, I take NO credit whatsoever for this tactic, it is simply a modification to Tyler's beta Eagle which worked really well for me.

Yes, despite limited finances at AZ, I'm juggling my transfers in a way to accommodate to the OP suggested stats. My second seasons proved to be better than my first, as the players were more suited to the tactic.

Good to hear it's worked so far, interested to see how you fare throughout the season!

am using eagle home and away found playing really good football have alot of the ball but wingers cut in a lot and try to shoot and put it wide instead of giving easy ball to forward or midfielder free in middle and i believe if they would pass it we would score alot more goals is there anything i can do or try for my wingers to cut in and pass instead of shoot?

Download tactic here

I've changed the middle MC to DMC with barrow. Also, his closing down is on 'Own Half'.

Adding to that, freekicks are aimed at 'Best header' and Throw-ins are taken 'Short'.

Your right CB is set to 'Attack goalkeeper' at corners, make sure he is a tall player with good headers.

Apart from these changes, I take NO credit whatsoever for this tactic, it is simply a modification to Tyler's beta Eagle which worked really well for me.

I've bee using your tactic for about 5-6 games and i haven't conceeded a goal. So thanks

Just thought I'd make a brief post here, as Im working on a tactics myself based on TylerBode's excellent EAGLE tactics :)

Basically it's a 5-3-2 formation. It's not as defensive as it seems, actually quite attacking as the wingbacks functions almost as wingers when in possesion of the ball. It can be viewed as a 3-5-2 (akin to Brazilian National Team 2002 with Cafu and Roberto Carlos).

It's quite similar to how West Germany played 1990-1994 under Beckenbauer...

Unique points are: The middle DC isn't positioned to be a sweeper but he has zonal marking with higher CD so he sort of functions as a sweeper. The middle MC is a very important attacking playmaker with a free role.

But enough talk, here's a screenshot you can see for yourselves:

dudStyle%20Vantage%20BETA.PNG

I'm currently testing and fine-tuning it, ones it's near completion, I'll create an individual post :thup:

Download tactic here

Seems really promissing, first game won 5 - 0 middlesbrough using hull at home

Download tactic here

top tweeking redhotwax i have stopped leaking goals started scoring goals and turned draws into wins cheers:D

your still a legend Tylerbode.:)

Matsnor, give it some time. I found that it took my team a while to gel, and you tend to have the nervy 1-0 wins, but generally my team wins 2-0. Sometimes, when my strikers have a good day, or in games with a lot of corners, I absolutely murder the opposition, often without reply. The focus is on not conceding, and 'sneaking' goals from corners and attacks from the flanks. This is in line with my experiences with the FM09 engine, as it seems quite difficult to score goals, so it's important to make sure you concede as little as possible :)

Also, make sure your players' stats are according to OP instructions, it makes a huge difference. Also, your DCs should be pacey and tall. The taller the better really.

Usually i buy players based on reputation and scout reports telling me they are leading players for the division and are quality players. However with the OP saying you should get players with the correct attributes its kind of left me in limbo,,,here is the dilema.

I'm newcastle in the prem looking to challenge for the title ive spent my transfer budget on quality players with the correct attributes but i need a back up central defender,,,, using the correct attributes ive found Upson who is now 34 but has very high stats for all required in the OP,,,,but my scouts say he is good for the championship and i should only buy as a last resort,,,what should i do sign him or not bother,,,am i purely looking for the correct stats when buying,,,please someone help????

coolestock if hes a backup he should be ok i mean aslong as he has good stats like heading and stuff.

im just about to start a new game with newcastle and advice on what players to get im going to use the piranha V6 tactic as eagle is only beta

coolestock if hes a backup he should be ok i mean aslong as he has good stats like heading and stuff.

im just about to start a new game with newcastle and advice on what players to get im going to use the piranha V6 tactic as eagle is only beta

i sold martins cus in my game his stats weren't good enough and he hardly scored,,,so i bought Rossi from villareal as his required attributes were high and so far he's been top scorer,,,also try for Reyes for the left wing from At Madrid cus i think his minimun release clause was fairly cheap. You also NEED a GK i splashed £24 mill on Akinfeev as his required stas are very high,,,,other than that i'm in 2012 and ive finished in the top four and won trophys so ive got money now

Coolestrock, make sure your central defender has good pace. It is of vital importance for this tactic to work. I would suggest you select your players based on the OP stats.

i thought a DC would need pace but it doesn't list it in the OP,,,so should i look for pace instead of acceleration or both together? Also whats the minimum value i should filter when looking for the stats?????????

i thought a DC would need pace but it doesn't list it in the OP,,,so should i look for pace instead of acceleration or both together? Also whats the minimum value i should filter when looking for the stats?????????

What i did was look for a DC with both pace and acceleration. As someone has said. Accerelation is for short bursts and Pace is for distances. So with a bit of both you can't go far wrong. Also, when it comes to stats i look at it like this:-

Prem - 15+. When you're a big team then look for 16+

Championship - 13+

League 1 and 2 - 11+

Lower - 10+

I hope that helps

What i did was look for a DC with both pace and acceleration. As someone has said. Accerelation is for short bursts and Pace is for distances. So with a bit of both you can't go far wrong. Also, when it comes to stats i look at it like this:-

Prem - 15+. When you're a big team then look for 16+

Championship - 13+

League 1 and 2 - 11+

Lower - 10+

I hope that helps

yep it definitley helps,,,thankyou

Usually i buy players based on reputation and scout reports telling me they are leading players for the division and are quality players. However with the OP saying you should get players with the correct attributes its kind of left me in limbo,,,here is the dilema.

I'm newcastle in the prem looking to challenge for the title ive spent my transfer budget on quality players with the correct attributes but i need a back up central defender,,,, using the correct attributes ive found Upson who is now 34 but has very high stats for all required in the OP,,,,but my scouts say he is good for the championship and i should only buy as a last resort,,,what should i do sign him or not bother,,,am i purely looking for the correct stats when buying,,,please someone help????

The way i see it is, if i could get him for cheap then i probably take the gamble because he has the right stats and also because of experience. If the club wanted £7m for him then i wouldn't bother. But if you can find someone better then buy them. I hope that help.

The way i see it is, if i could get him for cheap then i probably take the gamble because he has the right stats and also because of experience. If the club wanted £7m for him then i wouldn't bother. But if you can find someone better then buy them. I hope that help.

Thanks for th help.

He was a free transfer and really my 5th DC,,so i took the gamble,,although his pace and acceleration are on 13 he really is on the limit,,every other required stat are high,,i just hope i dont get to many DC injuries (though ive noticed more injuries in FM 09)

Thanks for th help.

He was a free transfer and really my 5th DC,,so i took the gamble,,although his pace and acceleration are on 13 he really is on the limit,,every other required stat are high,,i just hope i dont get to many DC injuries (though ive noticed more injuries in FM 09)

I know that his pace and acc is low but what is his anticipation stat? This is a stat that could well compensate a dc being slow. If a DC for example has 15+ in pace,acc and anticipation then you're onto a winner. One of my main DC's dalton, has pace 17, acc 16 and anticipation 16 and i'll tell you, it really does help in a tactic like this that plays with a high d-line.

I know that his pace and acc is low but what is his anticipation stat? This is a stat that could well compensate a dc being slow. If a DC for example has 15+ in pace,acc and anticipation then you're onto a winner. One of my main DC's dalton, has pace 17, acc 16 and anticipation 16 and i'll tell you, it really does help in a tactic like this that plays with a high d-line.

Hmmmmm his anticipation is also a low 13,,,if i'd have known about pace and anticipation i might not have got him,,,oh well ive sold one of my other DC's and bought one with high stats everywhere needed.

With this tactic and buying players with the needed stats this game is starting to hold my attention.

What would it be the IDEAL FIRST 11 on this tactic.

I am sure it would help lots of people. Players like ibrahimivic, Gerrard or Messi should not be posted, as most people play averge teams Ex: Napoli, West Ham, Rangers.

Don't get me wrong, i am not trying to get TB pick my players( doing this great tactic is enough:))), but from the other ppls experience!!

I am sure it would help lots of people. Players like ibrahimivic, Gerrard or Messi should not be posted, as most people play averge teams Ex: Napoli, West Ham, Rangers.

Don't get me wrong, i am not trying to get TB pick my players( doing this great tactic is enough:))), but from the other ppls experience!!

Two wingers capable of playing like second strikers (Marquinhos, Aquino), a pacy and strong target man who is comfortable with ball at feet first and comfortable with holding onto a ball second (Milevski).

A competent defensive minded midfielder, with solid stats in strength, anticipation, tackling, marking, acceleration and determination (Mascherano). Two "passers" as the midfield pair with technical ability (Carrick, Fabregas).

Two pacy full backs - preferably wing backs who can also play in midfield like Ashley Cole - with stat focus on acceleration, pace, crossing, dribbling, passing, tackling, marking.

The usual centre-halves.

You get a feel for the formation when you use it and if you watch highlights you can see what your team needs as you go.

EDIT: Different tactic, but exact same shape...

tubeytactic5.jpg

That's the ideal sort of side.

Download tactic here

Hi Man..

I am trying your tweaked tactics with my Inter Milan team.. I'll let you know..

When I used this tactics with Juve, Marchisio and Ben Arfa did excellent in the central mid section.. As a matter of facts, Ben arfa can be played on CM, AMR, or AML... Zhirkov probably your best option on the AML.. AMR, I really enjoy what Marquinhos do.. Marquinhos can be played on FW too..

My main concern is forward position.. So far, the best one that I used using Chelsea and Juve is Robinho with his 31 goals.. Amauri is ok, Drogba is ok, but Robinho is fantastic ! Probably others can give any input.. Thnx

hi guys, im finding this eagle abit too not offensive.

while using V6, i realise that there is no point in using eagle when V6 simply overpowered home teams.

maybe its because im using Arsenal? therefore i don't have much opportunity to use EAGLE tactic?

but i kinda like the EAGLE format. I like Lone strikers. Using the V6 for too long has made me rule out alot of 'Target Man' strikers e.g. Ashton whom I cannot sign them.

Is it possible that the EAGLE tactic could be tweaked so that maybe we can see the use of 'Strong aerial strikers' and maybe attacking midfielder in the mould of 'Riquelme, Diego'?

hmm actually Eagle is for away matches.. where ppl tend to have some problem with their away games.. so if ur V6 is working fine with u, then stick to it ^^

actually u can tweak abit to suit ur own ST if possible.. as it is ur game too.. i tweak abit of mine and my ST is working great.. maybe just like the real life torres? ^^