Chelsea (CUP) (h) lost 2-0

Swansea (h) lost 3-2

QPR (A) lost 2-1

Norwich (h) won 4-0

Ipswich (a) won 4-2

Wolves (h) drew 0-0

Sheff Wed (a) drew 2-2

Blackpool (h) lost 2-1

i know teams need time to gel and get used to a tactic but im 3 places above bottom and im going to be sacked if results carry on like this. Alot of people have had alot of success with these tactics but i cant seem to get any and im so frustrated now. I really want these tactics to work...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the eagle tactic is great for my sunderland squad ... came 3rd in the first season and i was pretty astonished .... so far in the second season played 5 won 5 :D

Thanks for this tactic, i hadn't played fm for a couple of months but this has revived my enthusiasm to play this game.

Anyway i'm using the pirahna tactic for home games and the eagle tactic away and its working a treat. Was just wondering if anyone uses the tagert man at all for the eagle tactic and if so when?

I love how people come on and just slag a tactic off without explanation or justification. Do you care to elaborate Mooki3? I mean I am struggling at the moment but its because I dont have the right personnel as yet or the correct infrastructure at the club yet.

Its called constructive criticism Mooki3, try it.

Ive been using V6 with Newcastle for 2 and half seasons and had good success,,,finishing 4th,,6th,,and so far i'm 3rd,,,,since eagle has come out ive implemented it into my own formula on how to make the game work (here it is):

Starting with V6 (home and away) i immediatly check the stats screen,,continue with V6 if your team are having more shots ON target than OFF target as more often than not your team will score however if your team is having more shots OFF target than ON you must switch your tactics to a more defensive eg..EAGLE tactic,, as your team will more often than not concede.

Ive tested this formula through FM08 and now FM09 with great success,,it would be interesting if someone else had a go using it to see if it works.

Ok in only one match i got outplayed in the second half, most likely because they had a good teamtalk and their players got all fired up. Fortunatly for me i had a 2 goal lead and they got finished in the end when they changed 4-2-4. Appart from that match i have won and dominated every match so far. I am mostly using eagle for hard away and home games, sometimes if all goes well i switch tactics if i need a goal, i also use eagle on neutral grounds. To summarize so far i have won everything(10 games) in the EPL, won the community shield and european super cup. Looks like this is going to be a very succesfull season!

FAO TYLERBODE

About to use the new eagle tactic and I've got a couple of questions. Firstly, do we need to tick 'use target man' and specify the lone striker as the target man?

Secondly, very interesting to see you suggest saying nothing in a number of team talks - I was always under the impression that saying nothing made the players assume you were unhappy with them, are you sure saying nothing has the desired effect??

Any info appreciated.

Ok in only one match i got outplayed in the second half, most likely because they had a good teamtalk and their players got all fired up. Fortunatly for me i had a 2 goal lead and they got finished in the end when they changed 4-2-4. Appart from that match i have won and dominated every match so far. I am mostly using eagle for hard away and home games, sometimes if all goes well i switch tactics if i need a goal, i also use eagle on neutral grounds. To summarize so far i have won everything(10 games) in the EPL, won the community shield and european super cup. Looks like this is going to be a very succesfull season!

who do you play?

I love how people come on and just slag a tactic off without explanation or justification. Do you care to elaborate Mooki3? I mean I am struggling at the moment but its because I dont have the right personnel as yet or the correct infrastructure at the club yet.

Its called constructive criticism Mooki3, try it.

Shut up you muppet! I can't be arsed going through it all, just thought i'd give an outline of what went wrong, like i said, i basically got dominated.

I don't know how people can not have success with tyler's tactics. I have success with them all. And I play a lot of time on holiday. But that's me.

BTW is this Eagle version the final one? Or is it gonna be a final version of it. I'm usin' it both home and away and it works wonderfully. Got me a League and Cup on Croatia with NK Dynamo (Croatia Zagreb) and a Serie B victory with 104 points, with the recently relegated Napoli. Don't ask for ss 'cause I have none. Hope you all have success with it too.

Cheers.

Thanks for a great tactic tlyerbode just one thing i need help with every game once it gets to 80+ mins i always conced a goal am normally a few goals up so it normally dosent matter but is there any tweaks i can do so this can be better defensive near the end thanks

Thanks for a great tactic tlyerbode just one thing i need help with every game once it gets to 80+ mins i always conced a goal am normally a few goals up so it normally dosent matter but is there any tweaks i can do so this can be better defensive near the end thanks

I find that sometimes when you score goals first half then the opponent reacts in the second half and will become fired up due to manager team talk. If the opponents team happens to be extremely determined aswell then you have the ideal recepy for conceding goals late.

Im using the new version 2 of the tactic, im arsenal and my right side striker (adebayor) has only scored 1 goal in 11 games while my left striker is bangin them in. Does anyone know any tweaks to get the right sided striker to score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using V6 and have Owen and Martins upfront for newcastle,,,neither have hit more than 14 goals a season,,both have the required attributes so how can i get the tactic to get them scoring more goals,,,,its embarresing for the forwards as colloccini has got 11 from central defence.

Is it me or has fm 09 v9.3 made it impossible for the strikers to score a lot of goals

Working a treat so far using Piranha V6 home and away version

Managing Verona in C/1A and currently top P19 W14 D3 L2

Top scorer has 16 in 22 and all my first eleven players have an avg rating above 7

Nice one Tyler

I'm using V6 and have Owen and Martins upfront for newcastle,,,neither have hit more than 14 goals a season,,both have the required attributes so how can i get the tactic to get them scoring more goals,,,,its embarresing for the forwards as colloccini has got 11 from central defence.

Is it me or has fm 09 v9.3 made it impossible for the strikers to score a lot of goals

I'm Newcastle and when I started, the first thing I did was sell Martins.

If you look at the Original Post, you'll see the requirements for the FC's are:

"Acceleration, dribbling, off the ball, first touch/flair/technique."

Martins doesn't have good dribbling, or if I remember rightly - first touch. I don't think Owen's dribbling is too hot either - but I'm not at my laptop to check.

I sold alot of my squad to make sure I had the stats EXACTLY as it says on the Original Post.

I'm now in my 3rd season, 20 games in and I'm 7 points clear in the league, and not lost once in the Champions League.

My current team:

GK: Pele

DR: Richards (Positioning not great but is doing well)

DL: Molinaro

DC: Taylor

DC: Coluccini

MR: Sanchez

ML: Albin

MC: Veloso

MC: De La Red

FC: Aquino

FC: Marquinos

Can't stress enough how important it is for them to have the right stats.

In my opinion, it's better to have someone who has average (between 12-15) for all of the required stats on the Original Post than having someone that has 15 for most, but less than 10 for one or more - Martins is the perfect example.

Hope that helps.

I'm Newcastle and when I started, the first thing I did was sell Martins.

If you look at the Original Post, you'll see the requirements for the FC's are:

"Acceleration, dribbling, off the ball, first touch/flair/technique."

Martins doesn't have good dribbling, or if I remember rightly - first touch. I don't think Owen's dribbling is too hot either - but I'm not at my laptop to check.

I sold alot of my squad to make sure I had the stats EXACTLY as it says on the Original Post.

I'm now in my 3rd season, 20 games in and I'm 7 points clear in the league, and not lost once in the Champions League.

My current team:

GK: Pele

DR: Richards (Positioning not great but is doing well)

DL: Molinaro

DC: Taylor

DC: Coluccini

MR: Sanchez

ML: Albin

MC: Veloso

MC: De La Red

FC: Aquino

FC: Marquinos

Can't stress enough how important it is for them to have the right stats.

In my opinion, it's better to have someone who has average (between 12-15) for all of the required stats on the Original Post than having someone that has 15 for most, but less than 10 for one or more - Martins is the perfect example.

Hope that helps.

In future i shall be looking for the exact stats,,,however with a striker i would have thought finishing would be a required attibute yet the op doesnt list this,,does this mean it doesnt matter?????

I see what you are saying coolestrock. The same applies to wingers and other positions. Do Midfield Left and Right not need crossing attributes?

Carlos

If it works like I think it does, most chances will fall to a striker about 6-10 yards out after getting into the position in the first place. As for the wingers, whilst they do cross, they probably cut inside and run into the area with emphasis on short, square passes to others in space - or indeed supporting midfield runners.

So it's actually more important to have players with pace on the wings and up front, with the striker needing good technical ability - traditional attributes are secondary, but overall you need players with "balanced" stats overall.

At least, thats how my one works - haven't tested this one out really but its pretty much the same ^^

I understand what you are saying Tubey84. Currently with my West Ham team, I have won4 drawn6 lost3 which places me 9th. Most the goals do seem to come from wingers cutting in or centre backs at set pieces.

One quick note though, it may just be my team but I do seem to concede really simple goals from a long kick out from the keeper of a free kick in the oppositions half. i.e. long ball goes over the head of centre backs and the striker takes it around the keeper and slots into an empty net.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has come across this, it has happened on 3 goals for me in separate matches and you don't really want to be giving teams like Chelsea easy goals like that!

I understand what you are saying Tubey84. Currently with my West Ham team, I have won4 drawn6 lost3 which places me 9th. Most the goals do seem to come from wingers cutting in or centre backs at set pieces.

One quick note though, it may just be my team but I do seem to concede really simple goals from a long kick out from the keeper of a free kick in the oppositions half. i.e. long ball goes over the head of centre backs and the striker takes it around the keeper and slots into an empty net.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has come across this, it has happened on 3 goals for me in separate matches and you don't really want to be giving teams like Chelsea easy goals like that!

That happens immediately after an attack. The keeper smashes it long, but your defensive midfielder who usually mops that up is out of position after joining the attack on the edge of the area. Usually he'd get back in time or a centre-half would step forward and nail a header before it bounces, but when it doesn't the ball can evade the centre-half and a striker can nip in behind at full pace, one touch round the keeper... empty net, goal.

It's rare though. It's simply a quirk of the tactic and nothing to worry about too much. If you are really worried about it, make sure your defensive midfielder is set to be completely defensive, but it may screw up your entire formation.

Personally, I'd just deal with it safe in the knowledge for every one goal you concede like this, you'll probably put three or four past the opposition!

Ive been looking for strikers using the filter for attributes,,,there are a couple of wingers with the exact required attributes for a striker as stated in the OP,,,is it worth buying a winger with all the requirments in the OP to play as a striker??????????

I've found Balotelli in Eagle formation to be really successful in terms of goal ratio, currently in 4th season with Newcastle and flying high at present. I', rotating between Him, Dean Ashton and Martins up top..this tac away from home ahs been exceptional for this team. :thup:

What is the minimum i should lower my filters to,,,at present im looking no lower than 14 for all required attirbutes,,,,is this correct or can i go lower,,,whats the lowest i should go in the premiership??????????????????

What is the minimum i should lower my filters to,,,at present im looking no lower than 14 for all required attirbutes,,,,is this correct or can i go lower,,,whats the lowest i should go in the premiership??????????????????

About that, yeah.

I've found that a player who can play on the wing and up front (like Daniel Aquino or Marquinhos, Vucinic... that type of player) work very well.

About that, yeah.

I've found that a player who can play on the wing and up front (like Daniel Aquino or Marquinhos, Vucinic... that type of player) work very well.

is this answer for the other question i asked????

Hi Tylerbode. Excellent tactics so far mate, eagle's the closest so far to a "Diablo" in 2009 and has really got me hooked on FM again (probably a bad thing).

I've noticed with the eagle, that the shape is almost similar the B1G_D for 2008 when the team is playing.

I've changed the target man supply to "run on" and the striker seems to score more goals. I think you also need to tell people to play second strikers (pace, dribbling, FINISHING!!!!!) in the AML/R positions.

Hope this helps improve an already fantastic tactic!!

First off Tyler, great tatctics.

I'm using Piranha for the 3rd straight season with my Beyern team (I'm in the 2015/2016 season), and its going great.

A few questions:

1) Should I use Prianha home and Eagle away?

2) Should I implement a target man in the team instructions, even though it's not included?

3) I understand AMR/L's can play in right/left sided MC position, but can ST's play at AMR/L position?

Okay, been testing this with my AZ side, in my second season. I played the Piranha tactic in the first season, and won the Eredivisie with one point to spare against second placed PSV.

My thoughts, after switching from Piranha to Eagle after 7 games played in the league.

Offensively, the tactic seems sound. Especially when you have the ball in the opponents half. When following OP instructions, a lot of goals are scored from corners when you have a tall player attacking the GK. So that's all very good.

What I find suspect is the defending. Every time my opponents manage to build up an attack, I get nervous. Somehow, I feel the three MCs are not interfering with the buildup play at all, putting an awful lot of pressure on my defence. I am always extremely worried I'll get a soft goal there, which happens quite a bit.

Also, when building up an attack from my GK, I notice that, I think this has been mentioned in the thread before, when kicking it upfield and your MCs don't manage to secure the ball, you are extremely prone to a counter attack. Then, the above applies, with the 3 MCs unable to break up the attack. One solution I'm trying now is to distribute the ball to my RB. Also, the striker seems very isolated, as the AML/R are hardly supporting him when the ball is punted upfield. The problem I have with this is that they also seem to do very little defensively when opponents are attacking. So, what is their use when the ball is in your own half? It makes me extremely anxious to see them virtually useless when my defence is getting battered.

Then, I don't see my team dominating. There's very few chances created. Thankfully, I've been fortunate in these first 5 games, with the few chances that are created converted into goals, but it feels a bit like a roll of the dice. I'm not saying this is automatically a bad thing, as long as you consistently win, it's all good, but it seems so random. An example is my game against Feyenoord, where they managed 16:7 off/on target against my 7:3. I won 3-2, which is great, but it seems somewhat random :) Arsenal away from home was 4-2 to Arsenal, with them creating 20:8 chances against my 5:2. Thus: very nervy! Of course, Arsenal are in a completely different league from me, but still.

So, that's my initial view early into the tactic. I'll continue playing with it, as I do feel my team needs to adapt to this new style, but the above points struck me immediately.

Okay, been testing this with my AZ side, in my second season. I played the Piranha tactic in the first season, and won the Eredivisie with one point to spare against second placed PSV.

My thoughts, after switching from Piranha to Eagle after 7 games played in the league.

Offensively, the tactic seems sound. Especially when you have the ball in the opponents half. When following OP instructions, a lot of goals are scored from corners when you have a tall player attacking the GK. So that's all very good.

What I find suspect is the defending. Every time my opponents manage to build up an attack, I get nervous. Somehow, I feel the three MCs are not interfering with the buildup play at all, putting an awful lot of pressure on my defence. I am always extremely worried I'll get a soft goal there, which happens quite a bit.

Also, when building up an attack from my GK, I notice that, I think this has been mentioned in the thread before, when kicking it upfield and your MCs don't manage to secure the ball, you are extremely prone to a counter attack. Then, the above applies, with the 3 MCs unable to break up the attack. One solution I'm trying now is to distribute the ball to my RB. Also, the striker seems very isolated, as the AML/R are hardly supporting him when the ball is punted upfield. The problem I have with this is that they also seem to do very little defensively when opponents are attacking. So, what is their use when the ball is in your own half? It makes me extremely anxious to see them virtually useless when my defence is getting battered.

Then, I don't see my team dominating. There's very few chances created. Thankfully, I've been fortunate in these first 5 games, with the few chances that are created converted into goals, but it feels a bit like a roll of the dice. I'm not saying this is automatically a bad thing, as long as you consistently win, it's all good, but it seems so random. An example is my game against Feyenoord, where they managed 16:7 off/on target against my 7:3. I won 3-2, which is great, but it seems somewhat random :) Arsenal away from home was 4-2 to Arsenal, with them creating 20:8 chances against my 5:2. Thus: very nervy! Of course, Arsenal are in a completely different league from me, but still.

So, that's my initial view early into the tactic. I'll continue playing with it, as I do feel my team needs to adapt to this new style, but the above points struck me immediately.

Have you tried moving central midfielder in the DM slot? You are saying that you have problems with to much pressure on your defence, try playing with DM who can stop quick counter-attack from the opponent.

I am still unbeaten in my second season with city. Still rotating between V6 and eagle depending on opponent. Following tweaks improved the tactic further:

-Free kicks : aim for best header

-Attacking free kicks make sure your best headers go forward

-Put throw ins to short (helps create chances or possesion)

-When you have a 2 goal lead in second half do the following:

Pull back the wingers to RM and LM, put them on forward runs rarely and hold up ball.

Set the CM with backarrow and keeper to hold up ball.

Drop team mentality 5 notches, defensive line 3 notches.

Put tempo to slow and time wasting to often.

Put closing down to "own half"

Put your RB and LB to forward runs rarely.

You can do the same with V6 but its most effective with eagle formation. Your players will try to keep the ball in the team, eventually the ball will end up by one of the wingers who will try to hold on to it, occasionally he will still attempt to dribble but mostly he will pass it back keeping posession. If posession is lost then a crowded midfield will soon regain it.Very effective as for now i am halfway my second season and i only conceded 10 goals in the EPL.

I started a new season with ChelsYEAH.. Struggle with draw but no lose yet.. Playing against MU and Arsenal at their home but manage to snap 1 point..

My top score so far is Frank Lampard.. I thought Drogba / Love will be as good as Robinho when I was in JUventus. I need to give EAGLE another time because I think I still lack of good right mid [Cole is not as good as Marquinhos at my JUve.. I bought Marquinhos but it needs to develop first] and my team is not well gelled yet..

Anelka: 27.5 to City

Malouda: 11.5 to City

Ferreira : 5.25 Newcastle

Ballack : 10.25 to Bayern

Alex : 11 to Shakthar

Ivanovic : 13.5 to Sporting Cp

Carvalho : 17 to Madrid

Belletti : 5 o Monaco

Man.. That's around 101 mill income !! Also, Pizzaro is going to Villa next season for 7.25...

Buy [in mil pounds]

Zhirkov: 14

Vagner Love: 15

Veloso : 10

Azpilicueta: 10

jagielka : 7.25

Beevers : 2.5

Eyeama : 500 k

Delph : 2.5

Mattock : 2.5

Zapata : 10.25

Marquinhos : 12.5

Fleck: 2.5

all about : 90 mil pounds

That's a lot of players for first season..

Quaresma show some promised on the right, but I am thinking about Joaquin Sanchez from Valencia..

-----------------------------Cech-------------------------------------

Bosingwa --------- Zapata -------------- Terry -------------- Cole -----

--------- Lampard ---------- Essien ------------- Deco/ Veloso ---------

-- qUARESMA -------------------------------------------------- Zhirkov---

----------------------------- Love ----------------------------------

Jascko, I'll give that a try! Sounds like a good plan!

Try both with FWR on mix and none for DM. Also make sure that he has higher CD than CB so that he can CD counter-attacks. Give us feedback how it went. I m sure there is people here who wants to know if this could make this tactic even more stable defensive.

I am using using tylerbode's training along with the eagle tactic with Grays in the blue square premiere but am having major problems with injuries, has anyone else been suffering loads of injuries? or has any one got any ideas to help reduce the amount im getting as only have a very small squad.

Hi im a few months into a new save as Valencia on 9.0.3 and am doing reasonably well, however have seen a lot of posts mentioning this tactic and would like to try it. Which version would be the most suitable for me to use? Ive had a look through the posts but not sure which one.

Many thanks