** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi TB..

Been using your Piranha for 2 season with Super Juve.. Got 2 Serie A and 1 Coppa... Thnx for amazing tactics man.. Now I am gonna try this EAGLE with my Juve..

----------------Buffon-----------------

Zabaleta - Zapata - Chiellini - Cristico--

------Veloso - Sissoko - Marchisio----

--Ben Arfa---------------------Zhirkov--

-------------Robinho------------

Go Super Juve !!

playing a new game with Lille in Ligue 1, using Eagle...

must say, after 7 games im on a 6 game unbeaten streak (lost the opener vs Marseille cuz i didnt know they were a rival till i checked after the game.. silly me) and even that game i lost 0-1.. drew 1-1 with Lyon ONLY because my idiot of a CB gave away a penalty in the 94' (even though there was only supposed to be 2 mins injury time... damn refs)

liguetable.th.jpg

schedulee.th.jpg

teamplayers.th.jpg

update:

still going strong

unbeatenbaby.jpg

Eagle tactic so far: started using nov 2012:

W-11 D-2 L-3

goals for 24

goals against 5

not bad for a rubbish team....great tactic no tweaking..but i always do a 'defend lead' for the last 5 minutes (not yet)

As I posted earlier I had a great first season with V6, winning the Championship with Nottingham Forest. But then struggled badly in my first Premierleague season. I switched to Eagle at about half-way of the season - and it made a big difference! After that my record so far is 8-3-4 (which is a LOT better than I did before), including amazing results like draws against Liverpool, Man City (1st in the table) and Arsenal - and especially my latest match, 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge to knock Chelsea out of FA Cup!!

Some of my players have started performing a lot better after I switched to Eagle, especially my right winger Koki Mizuno. Before this I considered the right wing one of my weak spots that need strenghtening, but now he's my best performer!

I also made some new signings on January, but it's definitely the tactic that has made the bigger difference.

I'm using the team-talks instructions from the OP, but with one expectation: I like to say "You have faith" to some players at half-time. I like to say that to all my attacking players (ST and wingers) and also to the players that I sub in at HT. It worked great in FM08, and from my experiences it works in FM09 too - very often when I check the teamtalk feedback from my assistant after the match, those players have had "morale boost" or "looked delighter" etc, and never any negative effect.

I've climbed from 18th to 15th, and there are still plenty of games left so I'll report back later how the season finished.

Here's my usual squad:

GK: Craig Gordon (signed him on January as Chris Kirkland was conceding more than I liked - got him for free btw)

DR: Jordan Loties (signed Scott Cuthbert as backup DC at January, and I'm thinking he might play as DR (Loties too is DC originally))

DL: Danny Simpson

DC: Andreas Granqvist - Signing of the season!! Great performer and also perferct for the corner thing ;)

DC: Zacarias - Got him really cheap at summer, for backup originally but he has the right stats and performs okay so now he's starting

MC L: Chris Cohen

MC C: Gavin McCann (got in january)

MC R: Arthur (prospect I got at January, sometimes play Guy Moussi here)

AML: Diego Buonanotte (Absolute key player along with Granqvist), sometimes play Juan Pablo Caffa here too

AMR: Koki Mizuno

FC: Steven Fletcher (got at January) / Etien Velikonja

Edit:

Tyler: You said in an earlier post that I can play wingers in the MC L/R positions. Does this mean that they don't necessarily need all the stats that are recommended for MC's in the OP? Because Caffa is a great player too so it's a shame to keep him on bench, so I was wondering if I could play Buonanotte as the left MC and Caffa on the wing. Buonanotte has all the attacking stats needed for MC, but he doesn't have tackling/positioning.

As I posted earlier I had a great first season with V6, winning the Championship with Nottingham Forest. But then struggled badly in my first Premierleague season. I switched to Eagle at about half-way of the season - and it made a big difference! After that my record so far is 8-3-4 (which is a LOT better than I did before), including amazing results like draws against Liverpool, Man City (1st in the table) and Arsenal - and especially my latest match, 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge to knock Chelsea out of FA Cup!!

Some of my players have started performing a lot better after I switched to Eagle, especially my right winger Koki Mizuno. Before this I considered the right wing one of my weak spots that need strenghtening, but now he's my best performer!

I also made some new signings on January, but it's definitely the tactic that has made the bigger difference.

I'm using the team-talks instructions from the OP, but with one expectation: I like to say "You have faith" to some players at half-time. I like to say that to all my attacking players (ST and wingers) and also to the players that I sub in at HT. It worked great in FM08, and from my experiences it works in FM09 too - very often when I check the teamtalk feedback from my assistant after the match, those players have had "morale boost" or "looked delighter" etc, and never any negative effect.

I've climbed from 18th to 15th, and there are still plenty of games left so I'll report back later how the season finished.

Here's my usual squad:

GK: Craig Gordon (signed him on January as Chris Kirkland was conceding more than I liked - got him for free btw)

DR: Jordan Loties (signed Scott Cuthbert as backup DC at January, and I'm thinking he might play as DR (Loties too is DC originally))

DL: Danny Simpson

DC: Andreas Granqvist - Signing of the season!! Great performer and also perferct for the corner thing ;)

DC: Zacarias - Got him really cheap at summer, for backup originally but he has the right stats and performs okay so now he's starting

MC L: Chris Cohen

MC C: Gavin McCann (got in january)

MC R: Arthur (prospect I got at January, sometimes play Guy Moussi here)

AML: Diego Buonanotte (Absolute key player along with Granqvist), sometimes play Juan Pablo Caffa here too

AMR: Koki Mizuno

FC: Steven Fletcher (got at January) / Etien Velikonja

Edit:

Tyler: You said in an earlier post that I can play wingers in the MC L/R positions. Does this mean that they don't necessarily need all the stats that are recommended for MC's in the OP? Because Caffa is a great player too so it's a shame to keep him on bench, so I was wondering if I could play Buonanotte as the left MC and Caffa on the wing. Buonanotte has all the attacking stats needed for MC, but he doesn't have tackling/positioning.

Tyler said that as long as they have the required stats then a mc can play on the wing and vise-versa. If a player is AMLC or MLC and he has the stats for both positions then he is ideal. Especially useful because he is versatile. I have Carlos eduardo who is AMLC and i play him on the wing and in midfield because he has stats for both. My key signing is Vadim Demidov, he's a DC but he can also play in midfield as well - he's monster, last season he scored 15 goals and most of them were important games. I hope it makes sense

I still usually get completely dominated by opponents at away matches though, but somehow manage to get some better results. Every time I win, or usually even when I draw an away match, it seems like awfully lucky and very harsh towards the opponents :p But a result is a result, I don't care how I get it.

Especially the first half is usually horrible. For example now I'm playing Everton at away. First half I don't think I had a single hilight where I was holding the ball, and shots after first half are 10-0 to them. Score 1-0 to them. I'm seriously thinking about abandoning the "Wish Luck" team-talk at these tough away matches, just doesn't seem to help me at all. Let's see if second half is better this time. Edit: lost 2-0, shots at fulltime were 20-1 to them. :/

Edit: In the next game I again managed an away draw against Arsenal at FA Cup 6th round - and in the following replay at home I beat them 1-0 with a late winner!! :D Next up ManU in the semi finals. What a run to the final it would be: knock out Chelsea, Arsenal and then ManU... :p

Tyler - quick question about Piranha, if I put two of them in the same tank do you think one will eat the other?

Seriously it's about the midfield/attack, playing as Arsenal and Adebayor is often woeful while Van Persie is fine, now the obvious difference is Adebayor is more of a target man type while Van Persie has more skill but Adebayor has dribbling and technique 15, pace 17 and I also noticed you had success at Everton with Jo who is not too dissimilar, but slightly worse.

So if you could just clarify who played where in your Everton team (I know you did a screenshot earlier) but when everyone was fit did you play Cahill (I see you retrained him as a forward) in centre midfield or upfront?

Do you play attacking midfielders or defensive in midfield i.e if Fellaini got injured would you bring in an attacking midfielder i.e Pienaar or Osman or someone defensive like Neville?, sorry for all the questions just trying to get into your success, maybe you could tell me your first choice/second choice attacking players at Everton or tell me who in Arsenal's squad you would assign to which position.

Thanks again for all your time with this thread and congrats.

I think I'm going to try sticking with v6 at home and then Eagle away from home although is this slightly going against the grain tyler as you have always said that all your previous versions need time to work, sometimes up to a season and chopping and changing tactics might not be helpful in the long term?

With my Juventus team, I'm pretty strong all over the pitch so I'm conscious of the phrase 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!

Thanks,

Carlos

Im starting to buy players with the main attributes for each position as directed by the OP (tylerbode) on the first page,,,,,,,,,but could someone let me know if these suggestions are for both V6 PIRANHA and EAGLE tactics,,,,,,,or are there different attributes for the different tactics. Please tell me they are for both as im buying players with the suggested attributes but im starting to use both tatics.

Im starting to buy players with the main attributes for each position as directed by the OP (tylerbode) on the first page,,,,,,,,,but could someone let me know if these suggestions are for both V6 PIRANHA and EAGLE tactics,,,,,,,or are there different attributes for the different tactics. Please tell me they are for both as im buying players with the suggested attributes but im starting to use both tatics.

yes is for V6 and eagle

Another question,,,,,,,are we buying players purely based on attributes for each position???,,,,,,,,because some of the players with ideal attributes my assistant/scout says they arent good enough,,,,,in the past ive bought players if my scout tells me they are a leading star for the division,,what should i take into consideration when looking for players is it attributes or reputation of player???

It is also useful to remember that you need to try and get your players to learn tyler's preferred move training, and also, unlearn anything which contridicts this.

Carlos

How do i get the player to learn a new preffered move?????????

How do i get the player to learn a new preffered move?????????

Go into the player profile and click player interaction and scroll down and you'll see the things that you can get them to learn.

Go into the player profile and click player interaction and scroll down and you'll see the things that you can get them to learn.

Ive done this,,,but the player said it wouldnt be beneficial to him,,,does this matter will he still train the new move?

I started my second season with city and my team is strong in all positions now. I will most likely rotate piranha and eagle depending on the opponent. I just played the english super cup against man united and won 0-1 with the eagle tactic. I noticed posession is high but it was hard for the team to find openings in front of goal due to the strong man united defence. We did dominate the game though and created chances from the wings with wingers cutting inside and trying to score. Eventually a man united player lost the ball and my midfield quickly delivered the ball to my lone striker vagner love who places the ball in the net. After that man united switches to 4-2-4 and that got us even more chances but we failed to score. Still we looked very solid in the back so i am having big hopes for using this tactic in away matches this season.

I have just tried eagle a couple of times and lost 2-1 at Blackburn (I'm West Ham) and then lost 1-0 at Middlesbrough. The Middlesbrough result was dissapointing as we didn't create much. After 60 minutes I turned the tempo and mentality down 4 notches each (as suggested by Tyler) and then Middlesbrough popped up and scored after 77 minutes. Early days I know but I can't help thinking "maybe I should have stuck to v6!"

Carlos

For me the EAGLES is perfect..

My juventus team is very strong now, especially when you have Zhirkov on the left, Marquinhos on the right, and Robinho on top..

Half of the season already with the EAGLE, 6 points diff with current #2, Inter Milan...

Robinho scores : 10 goals in league out of 13 app

Zhirkov did 12 assist out of 12 app

Marquinhos = 5 goals and 4 assist from 10 app

Ben Arfa = 5 goals and 7 assist from 16 app

scores 44 goals and conceded 7 from 18 league match..

Good job TB !!

maybe i dont have a good enough striker, but i realised i hardly scored any goals from open play and when i did, it was usually one of the CM's who would hit a cracker from outside the box

my topscorer was my CB with 23 goals in 38 games in all competitions (18 in the league), my next best was my winger with 9 :( , then my CM with 8 :(

but nonetheless i finished the season 3rd with Lille in my 1st season, behind Marseille and Lyon

i'm not winning at away matches yet.Im playin with porto and usin eagle tactic,

Helton

Cissokko bruno rosario sapunaru

raul meire. andersson lucho

Rodriguez Jaja

Lisandro

i won 2-1 against inter in meazza,which is fantastic result but in league,i lost benfica 1-0 and 3 times draw at away..what should i do

started a new game with liverpool using your eagle tactic as i had mixed success with piranha. so far:

atrmedia (a) won 3-0

middlesbrough (a) drew 3-3

west ham (h) drew 2-2

artmedia (h) won 2-0

portsmouth (a) lost 1-0

not so good... can anyone help???

started a new game with liverpool using your eagle tactic as i had mixed success with piranha. so far:

atrmedia (a) won 3-0

middlesbrough (a) drew 3-3

west ham (h) drew 2-2

artmedia (h) won 2-0

portsmouth (a) lost 1-0

not so good... can anyone help???

Team needs to gel, it takes half a season for a tactic to work properly depending on squad sometimes even more.

If you just started, you are a new manager wait till your reputation rises also.

Dont let ass.manager do teamtalks, you have to do it (i use wolfgang's thread about teamtalks they work since fm07), it's very important.

Use piranha for home games, eagle away. Follow all other instuctions Tyler listed (training, attributes etc.)

It took 5 seasons for me to get right player for every position and when everything settled I finished a season without loss in league.

Hope it helps.

I am in the second season with Farsley Celtic in Blue Square Premier, after being promoted from Blue Square North. Using Piranha at home and Eagle away and are doing great.

The odd thing is that i am no able to score on penalties , have anyone experienced that ? This season i think ive had 6 or 7 penalties (and im only in october) , and every single one of them have either gone way above the goal , or hit the post..

Very strange ....

Al Bundy thanks for your help. Im going to start a new game with Preston North End as this will give me more time to build my own team. At Liverpool i would need instant success. Thanks for your help

Tyler_bode,

I have some considerations about your tactics. First of all, they´re amazing! Congratulations! But I suggest few changes on corner kicks and free kicks.

Corners:

If full backs are the takers, there will be only one player protecting your team (the other FB) and the counter attack could be very dangerous, mainly against 424. I suggest change both central midfilders instructions to "Stay back if needed".

Free Kicks:

Instead of mixed instruction, I suggest "cross center" and change DCr to "Mark Keeper" on attacking free kicks. It works very well. Besides, consider the same tip of corners. MC to stay back if needed.

After my suggestions, I have a doubt: you says the I have to choose the "smallest pitch", so the wingers won´t be tired. But the smallest pitch is short AND narrow.

Should I choose the smallest pitch or the shortest pitch? On theory, wide pitch are good to wingers and teams playing both flanks.

Thanks and sorry for my poor english. I´m brazilian :)

Another question,,,,,,,are we buying players purely based on attributes for each position???,,,,,,,,because some of the players with ideal attributes my assistant/scout says they arent good enough,,,,,in the past ive bought players if my scout tells me they are a leading star for the division,,what should i take into consideration when looking for players is it attributes or reputation of player???

Anyone with any ideas to this queation????????????????

Used ths tactic for the third part of first season with man city and was able to go on a great run to catch man u and win the premiere league. Started the new season and its been a totally different story, stuggling to get results against the likes of spurs and wigan also only scraping draws against liverpool and chelsea. Should I be making an changes for the 2nd season?

Used ths tactic for the third part of first season with man city and was able to go on a great run to catch man u and win the premiere league. Started the new season and its been a totally different story, stuggling to get results against the likes of spurs and wigan also only scraping draws against liverpool and chelsea. Should I be making an changes for the 2nd season?

Lot of new players?

Reduce time wasting.

4 new players so could be the prob.

regardless of the tactic i am using, if i get more than 2 new players in the first 11, i try to play at least 8 fiendlies.

I also try to get them as early in the summer break as possible, so they get enough time to adapt before the new season.

I used the piranha version with southport in the blue square premier, we were expected to be relegated but i ended 5th with 82 points, got to the play-off final (lost 4-3 to an extra-time og) in my first season, and that's despite using a lot of players who really didnt have the attributes required. A few new players and i think i can challenge for the title next season. Thanks tylerbode for this tactic, I'm well impressed.

ok thx will give em more time to gell

within a season and a half i changed my first eleven completly. i takes a while to get them to full spin, but i am very excited about my NAPOLI first eleven:

Ustari

faubert fazio coloccini kolarov

Marquinhos veloso buenannotte ochiroshii

Milevski keirisson

subs: hamsik, borges, dzagoev, maggio, maria, lewandowski, lavezzi.

Can you guys suggest a better striker than milevski for this tactic. he is very good, but not fast and agile enough.

Only won the italian cup, because ac milan had an incredible run for the title : 101 points ( i think) i was 2 points behind them

Has anyone tried Eagle tac.,with a defensive midf,for a midfielder with back arrow?Its working for me!!I cant do nothing in prem league with MK Dons,loosing with Eagle and Pirania because players are not good enought,but it seems better with defensive midfielder,i won 3-0 against tottingham and controlled all match...

1st of all, thank you for sharing your great work with the community tylerbode. I'm currently trying out v6 with a relegation team in Belgian 1st division, with mixed successes but thing will get better once the team quality & gelling improves.

1 thing I notice is when I use your team talk instructions, basically saying "nothing" at half time always seem to anger some players and confuse one once in a while... is this going to change with time (if players get better understanding) or is this just a disposable (hence cosmetic) side effect of not saying anything at half time?

KUTGW

Ok i started a game with Preston North End using piranha at home and eagle away. im also following all the other instructions. here are my results so far

Barnsley (h) won 1-0

Lincoln (CUP) (h) won 3-0

Bristol City (a) lost 2-1

Charlton (a) won 3-1

Plymouth (CUP) (a) drew 2-2 won on pens

Palace (h) lost 1-0

Watford (a) lost 2-0

Burnley (h) lost 1-0

Cardiff (a) lost 2-1

Chelsea