** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

What about Luca Cigarini?

3 seasons with me and he has scored 20 goals so about 7 a season. He has been so impressive that when he wanted to move, i offered him £145,000 a week for a one year deal which he accepted. I want de rossi but he's 32 and i'm not spending £30million on him.

Cigarini was great on FM08... have not yet tried him on FM09 though

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cigarini was great on FM08... have not yet tried him on FM09 though

what's the minimum numbr to search for the required skills of the player...?!?!

for example: serie A all 16+....for serie B all13+....help please.

(Tyler can you do a "search filter" for the players?!

Nice tactic working wonders with my Newcastle team season 1....beaten Chelsea, Arsenal but robbed against United...

anyway...I seem to get completely outplayed by teams using a 433 i.e Man City, Blackburn, Chelsea....As Hull did you do anythin to stoop this...???

and

If you were Man City loads of Money...what would be your best team??? would Rat still be LB, Bikey at CB etc

thanaks

Well what I'm doing is putting in the attributes Tyler states you need on the player search and if i'm getting more than ten players come up, i'm increasing the stats by one each time, eventually ending up with the best, or attempt to buy the best.

Turns out that a player I have Paulo Piatti, is a lot better statted than i give him credit for. The trouble I now have is how to choose two strikers from Rooney,Laurito,Piatti,Diogo,Guillerme and Paloschi.

That's assuming I play Marquinhos as a right midfielder!!

Carlos

This is good stuff. I started with Man utd and the first 15 games was abysmal. My record was 4 wins, 7 draws, 4 loss. I was 10 points off the pace and lying in 9th place.

Then I came across this thread and tried out the tactics. After another two drawn games, I finally nicked one against Chelsea and stayed unbeaten. I won the Premiership with 1 game remaining (beating Man City to 2nd place), kicked the **** out of liverpool in the league cup. But I got my ass whooped totally in the FA cup. So no quintuple, but still has the Champions league, a final game vs Inter!!

Here's some interesting stuff I'm trying to solve:

1. Against Man City, I was completely overrun. I played Man City 4 times in one season and only won 1. Lost the other 3. Blackburn and West Ham gave lots of problems too. I think 4-3-3 sort of counter this tactic. I countered it by putting in my hard workers like fletcher, park, hargreaves... and kept flashy players like Nani and Ronaldo out.

2. Rooney just can't seem to work. I played him on the left side of the striker's position (with the arrow down), he turned out crap. Tried him on the right, he can't fit in either. In fact, none of the United strikers seem to fit in. Tevez is okay sometimes, most times he's not. Berbatov... I don't even want to talk about this guy.

But so far so good, if I find out what's wrong with my strikers and how to get around 4-3-3 successfully, I'll let you know

Just to add, I am using V4 for home and V5 for away. How is V6 different? Is it used for both home and away games??

I got a question. I copied this from the first post:

Preferred Move Training

DC: Stay back, Don't dive in.

FB: Stay back, Don't dive in.

MR/L: Run/Dribble with ball down right/left.

MC: Try long shots, Shoot with power.

FC: Run with ball through centre, Place shots.

So these preferred training moves are in the training or do I have to set it individually for each player?

I got a question. I copied this from the first post:

Preferred Move Training

DC: Stay back, Don't dive in.

FB: Stay back, Don't dive in.

MR/L: Run/Dribble with ball down right/left.

MC: Try long shots, Shoot with power.

FC: Run with ball through centre, Place shots.

So these preferred training moves are in the training or do I have to set it individually for each player?

You have to do it individually for each player. You go into player interaction and pick the move you want the player to learn.

Tyler - for the forwards you say that they don't need strenght but in the tactic you have them holding up ball. I'm confused, Can you clarify please? Thanks

There are many ways to hold up the ball. A big target man can hold it up using his body strength to hold off defenders. With V6 the forwards hold it up by dribbling and skill. By clicking 'hold up ball' they run with the ball quickly given the opportunity.

This is good stuff. I started with Man utd and the first 15 games was abysmal. My record was 4 wins, 7 draws, 4 loss. I was 10 points off the pace and lying in 9th place.

Then I came across this thread and tried out the tactics. After another two drawn games, I finally nicked one against Chelsea and stayed unbeaten. I won the Premiership with 1 game remaining (beating Man City to 2nd place), kicked the **** out of liverpool in the league cup. But I got my ass whooped totally in the FA cup. So no quintuple, but still has the Champions league, a final game vs Inter!!

Here's some interesting stuff I'm trying to solve:

1. Against Man City, I was completely overrun. I played Man City 4 times in one season and only won 1. Lost the other 3. Blackburn and West Ham gave lots of problems too. I think 4-3-3 sort of counter this tactic. I countered it by putting in my hard workers like fletcher, park, hargreaves... and kept flashy players like Nani and Ronaldo out.

2. Rooney just can't seem to work. I played him on the left side of the striker's position (with the arrow down), he turned out crap. Tried him on the right, he can't fit in either. In fact, none of the United strikers seem to fit in. Tevez is okay sometimes, most times he's not. Berbatov... I don't even want to talk about this guy.

But so far so good, if I find out what's wrong with my strikers and how to get around 4-3-3 successfully, I'll let you know

Just to add, I am using V4 for home and V5 for away. How is V6 different? Is it used for both home and away games??

i was having the same problems mate but you should try version 6 its miles better and focus's on both strikers.

the forward training helps alot 2 try it

Against Man City, I was completely overrun. I played Man City 4 times in one season and only won 1. Lost the other 3. Blackburn and West Ham gave lots of problems too. I think 4-3-3 sort of counter this tactic. I countered it by putting in my hard workers like fletcher, park, hargreaves... and kept flashy players like Nani and Ronaldo out.

Hi WW7. Thanks for trying tactics and feeding back. Yes I agree that Man City's attacking 4-3-3 often wins the possession battle. However if you can limit them with a strong defence, you will create good chances down the flanks due to their full-backs being isolated. With Everton's strong defence I drew 1-1 away and won 1-0 at home. Try V6 you should do better as it hold the ball up better in attack.

Nice tactic working wonders with my Newcastle team season 1....beaten Chelsea, Arsenal but robbed against United...

anyway...I seem to get completely outplayed by teams using a 433 i.e Man City, Blackburn, Chelsea....As Hull did you do anythin to stoop this...???

and

If you were Man City loads of Money...what would be your best team??? would Rat still be LB, Bikey at CB etc

thanaks

I've used too many players with this tactic to pick a best eleven.

Hi, Tyler. I'm using V6 and played 6 games. Really amazing results at home. But I cannot play well at away, 2 game 0:3 so far. Please advise what should I do on away games. Thank you!

Stick with training and it should come good. Also make sure you're MC's are not too attacking when away.

Deco, Lampard and Gerrard are too old.

I was thinking more of the following:

De Rossi, Toulalan, Kaka and Montolivo

Who would be better from these... Can you rate them from 1 to 4 with 1 being the most effective in your tactic and 4 being the least effective in the MC position of your tactic.

Thanks

Ok, the MC's do better when they can both defend a bit and great in attack. So from that list it would be either Rossi and Toulalan. The others would be better retrained as FC's or wingers.

Just started with Everton, 2 pre-sesaon friendlies so far both away from home and easy teams (to gain fitness) won@ Southport 2-0 & won @ Chorley 8-0. Usually go for some easy teams in pre-season to build up fitness, confidence & getting used to tactic.

Ok, the MC's do better when they can both defend a bit and great in attack. So from that list it would be either Rossi and Toulalan. The others would be better retrained as FC's or wingers.

Thanks mate :)

Was going for De Rossi as he is better than toulalan overall.

There are many ways to hold up the ball. A big target man can hold it up using his body strength to hold off defenders. With V6 the forwards hold it up by dribbling and skill. By clicking 'hold up ball' they run with the ball quickly given the opportunity.

Thanks tyler. That makes sense. Do you think marquinhos is better as a forward or a right-side midfielder? Thanks

Rossi as in the ex-man united striker Rossi? I thought he's a striker? I missed out Toulalan, he's now signed with Real and they won't even sell me a bacteria

You have to do it individually for each player. You go into player interaction and pick the move you want the player to learn.

Thanks! Can they actually learn so much moves in one season?

Marquinhos has been absolutely amazing for me on the right wing - was voted player of the season 2 seasons running and gets loads of goals and assists.

I've used him up front if I've had a striker shortage through injuries but he is far better on the right wing, so play him there - no need to change anything about him or retrain him - 4 seasons I've had him now and he keeps getting better and better.

Stunning, stunning tactic!!!!

I've won the prem, fa cup and champions league with crystal palace

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7397/championsleaguefinal.png

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2213/facupfinal.png

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2375/premleague.png

My advice to anyone who is struggling with V6, just give it time. It took the team at least 20-30 games to really get into their stride. Since then, i haven't looked back. The best tactic for FM09 by far!!!

Even the strikers are finally banging in the goals:-

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5228/goalscorers.png

My advice to anyone who is struggling with V6, just give it time. It took the team at least 20-30 games to really get into their stride. Since then, i haven't looked back. The best tactic for FM09 by far!!!

Are you saying it took you about a season for your team to get used to this tactic?

No what i'm saying is, it took a while for the players to truly get into their stride. The first 10 games was good. The next 10 i started seeing the team finding each other more with the passing but the strikers were missing easy chances. By the 29th game, everything just clicked into place. The defence were really tight, the midfield was causing cavoc and the strikers were starting to score on a regular basis. Use the training and the tactic and just stick with it. It will be worth it in the end.

Tyler,

Now 20 games in, and sitting 3rd with Newcastle.

Recent results since my last screenshots:

Beat Liverpool 2-1

Beat Stockport 3-0

Beat Stoke 2-0

Beat Wigan 3-2

Beat Sunderland 2-0

Lost to Arsenal in League Cup 3-2

Beat Bolton 2-1

Lost to Man City 1-0

Beat Fulham 2-1

Drew with Arsenal 1-1

Beat Villa 2-0

Drew with Hull 2-2

Beat West Ham 2-0

Beat Portsmouth 2-0

Drew with Middlesborough 0-0

My next game is Man Utd - so I'm looking forward to it! There is only 1 point difference between me and top so it's very tight!

I tried the tactic with Chelsea last night and it didn't work as well, but mainly because I started that game with a 433 - so I sold my wingers... just goes to show how well each part of this tactic & the right players matter... maybe something that people say it doesn't work need to analyse?

Even the strikers are finally banging in the goals:-

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5228/goalscorers.png

What skin is it?

Good signings. Are you using V6? Are you patched with 9.3? Also follow my OP closely.

Hi Mate,

I'm patched to 9.3 and using V6, it's my away form that's letting me down mainly.

What team have you been playing?

Hi Mate,

I'm patched to 9.3 and using V6, it's my away form that's letting me down mainly.

What team have you been playing?

Trust me, stick with V6. As long as you've got the right players in the right positions with the right stats it will come good. Home and Away.

I simply cannot understand how you any of you guys get good away results. Ive followed the OP to the letter and been using the tactic for over a season. I reckon ive got a top 4 team and to say i got annihilated by Birmingham would be an under-exaggeration. 4-0 against a team of complete misfits who half of which are manically depressed and the other half cant speak a word of english!

Trust me, stick with V6. As long as you've got the right players in the right positions with the right stats it will come good. Home and Away.

Playing as Portsmouth and had not won an away game until i played st etienne away in the uefa cup. I then just lowered the mentality to the lowest notch of normal and completely dominated and won 3-0.

I am going to try and use this as my away tactic now and see how it goes on.

I simply cannot understand how you any of you guys get good away results. Ive followed the OP to the letter and been using the tactic for over a season. I reckon ive got a top 4 team and to say i got annihilated by Birmingham would be an under-exaggeration. 4-0 against a team of complete misfits who half of which are manically depressed and the other half cant speak a word of english!

I think i now what your problem is:-

1) The team have to gel at least until 'attained a good level of understanding'

2) Make sure you are using tyler training regime

3)The fact is - It takes as long as it takes for it to click. But when it does - And it will, it will be worthwhile.

4) Play your strongest team as much as possible

5) It is key that you buy and play players with the stats that the tactic requires

At the beginning of my season my team were not right. I was on the brink of giving up on it. But i knew i had the right players and i stuck with it and now i've won all these trophies.

tyler- how is this tactic tweaked away from home as some people say that it's an amazing tactic except when playing away. any advice??

Try lowering the team mentality by 3-5 notches. As some have said earlier it may work against teams you struggle with away.