9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

My whole game has been destroyed by the patch 3.0.

Originally I didnt want to download it but was automatically updated by steam.

I wanted to play a new game with the 2.0 patch but it was all different to the previous version.(set stats for certain staff opposed to random etc etc) I uninstalled my FM and then reinstalled. However by doing this through steam I had all the patches automatically put onto my FM.

Then I decided to delete steam from my computer and install FM the other way. I have done this and FM default patch runs fine. I went online to download patch 2.0 (bittorrent) and now I cannot play with this patch.

Please can someone help me!!!

Can I load steam up and again and how can I install FM to be at the default stage and not automatically update??. i.e. only update with the patches I download.

Can someone tell me how to correct the FM currently installed so that I can play with the 2.0 patch?

When I start my FM the msg below comes up before it loads up. Please help as as you can tell I am not technical and just want to manage my team.

---------------------------

Warning

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-920/db/920' - reverting to the default location

OK

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes it does, I have tried all the default skins, tried windowed and not windowed, and also the settings about clearing the skin cache and reloading it

Have you edited any graphics files or used any third party packs such as player pics or logos etc.? If so uninstalling these may fix the problem

Have you edited any graphics files or used any third party packs such as player pics or logos etc.? If so uninstalling these may fix the problem

I have used none of these. Other mac users have been having these problems, and no answer has been given yet. Any other ideas?

My whole game has been destroyed by the patch 3.0.

Originally I didnt want to download it but was automatically updated by steam.

I wanted to play a new game with the 2.0 patch but it was all different to the previous version.(set stats for certain staff opposed to random etc etc) I uninstalled my FM and then reinstalled. However by doing this through steam I had all the patches automatically put onto my FM.

Then I decided to delete steam from my computer and install FM the other way. I have done this and FM default patch runs fine. I went online to download patch 2.0 (bittorrent) and now I cannot play with this patch.

Please can someone help me!!!

Can I load steam up and again and how can I install FM to be at the default stage and not automatically update??. i.e. only update with the patches I download.

Can someone tell me how to correct the FM currently installed so that I can play with the 2.0 patch?

When I start my FM the msg below comes up before it loads up. Please help as as you can tell I am not technical and just want to manage my team.

Warning

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-920/db/920' - reverting to the default location

OK

Why don't you want to use the 3rd patch? It makes no sense ? Its improved the game 10 fold and you can still play your current game with it , its not like you have to start a new game

even when i click classic view on the left hand side during the same screen as the team talk it still goes onto tv view when i clcik start game, have to click off it then and set to classic view. am i just being thick?

Hmm...I've not experienced this before, for me it goes right to Classic View

If you delete your settings folder and then select Classic View this might solve the problem

To delete the settings folder

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the "Settings" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

6. Delete the "Settings" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

Please note that this will also delete other settings you have saved such as how to display height and weight in the preferences, although these can all be changed back

I'm using a MacBook.

I just installed the patch, and now when I start FM09 all I get is a white window where the game should be.

*edit - That I can't even close.

Any ideas?

mr_legalize - When you say "Then I decided to delete steam from my computer and install FM the other way. I have done this and FM default patch runs fine. I went online to download patch 2.0 (bittorrent) and now I cannot play with this patch." what exactly do you mean?

Did you download and install the 9.2.0 patch?

Why don't you want to use the 3rd patch? It makes no sense ? Its improved the game 10 fold and you can still play your current game with it , its not like you have to start a new game

I finished a game a week back and was going to start a new game but was automatically updated with the new database.

I want to play with the 2nd patch as do not want to have all the january transfers in my database from the start.

Can you help?

I finished a game a week back and was going to start a new game but was automatically updated with the new database.

I want to play with the 2nd patch as do not want to have all the january transfers in my database from the start.

Can you help?

You do not have to have the lasted database with all the post transfer window transfers in a new game if you have patch 3 installed

When starting a new game you have a choice of databases to use. I'd suggest using the 9.2.0 database if you dont want the January transfers included in a new game

mr_legalize - When you say "Then I decided to delete steam from my computer and install FM the other way. I have done this and FM default patch runs fine. I went online to download patch 2.0 (bittorrent) and now I cannot play with this patch." what exactly do you mean?

Did you download and install the 9.2.0 patch?

Thanks for replying Gudge.

I took steam off my computer. Installed FM via uniloc. Went onto the FM website and downloaded the 9.2.0 patch for PC from the patches offered. Exactly where I downloaded and how I downloaded the 9.1.0 patch (that worked perfectly fine). Now I go to load up FM and that msg comes up before I do so and I cannot start a new 9.2.0 game only a defalt game.

I downloaded the 9.2.0 patch to my desktop as before and that did not work. is this where I have gone wrong? i dont know why as i did it exactly the same way as before and that time it worked yet now it doesnt not.

I have a mac and i downloaded the patch and when it came up with the installer the following error message came up:

Could not find specified message for index 0

Does anyone know what to do?

As I don't have a mac to hand just now to see why this error could be happening I'll have to make an educated guess as to what the problem is occurring for now, sorry

Before applying the patch can you ensure the game is not running

Also make sure the patch is pointing to the correct directory for patching, by default this is here on the mac

Applications -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2009

You do not have to have the lasted database with all the post transfer window transfers in a new game if you have patch 3 installed

When starting a new game you have a choice of databases to use. I'd suggest using the 9.2.0 database if you dont want the January transfers included in a new game

So if I go back and load steam and install FM with all the updates, when I load the 9.2.0 database I will have all the improvements of 9.3.0 but the 9.2.0 database?

Can you try going back to the default skin to see if this solves the problem.

I got fed up and delted thatgame as i assumed it was doomed!!

I have gone back to the original skin and it does seem to be good so far, may be was the skin causing the problems?

I'm using a MacBook.

I just installed the patch, and now when I start FM09 all I get is a white window where the game should be.

*edit - That I can't even close.

Any ideas?

Have you tried deleting your cache? This may solve your problem

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

I got fed up and delted thatgame as i assumed it was doomed!!

I have gone back to the original skin and it does seem to be good so far' date=' may be was the skin causing the problems?[/quote']

It does indeed sound like it was the custom skin that was causing the problem, i'm glad it's all sorted now

Have you tried deleting your cache? This may solve your problem

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

I have done yes; so I assume that it'll end up being a reinstallation of the game?

I have done yes; so I assume that it'll end up being a reinstallation of the game?

Unfortunately that sounds like the only possible solution, when reinstalling please also delete the cache be installing again, i hope this fixes the problem

As I don't have a mac to hand just now to see why this error could be happening I'll have to make an educated guess as to what the problem is occurring for now, sorry

Before applying the patch can you ensure the game is not running

Also make sure the patch is pointing to the correct directory for patching, by default this is here on the mac

Applications -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2009

I Just tried again and the same thing happened it opens the installer and then comes up with:

Football Manager 2009 v9.3.0 Patch cannot be installed on this computer.Could not find specified message for index 0

There's a few who are installing patch data to the wrong directory.

The default directory needs to be navigated too through the installer and the data should be installed in:

Applications-> Sports Interactive-> Football Manager 2009

Go to that folder and click on the FM application icon and it will tell you if the version is correct (It should say version 9.3).

Please give it another go and let me know if it's worked.

Pretty smart to set the default directory to something completely different than where it should be.....and not giving people a clue about what to about it except coming on this forum (yes, some might figure it out. but still...)

think i spoke to seeon lol.

5th time today alone iv had a crash dump and the screen turns blue beofre shutting down and rebooting? is this graphics related? never had this before the 9.0.3 patch

If possible could you upload your crash dmp file and save game to the FTP please and give the name of the files you have uploaded so we can take a look to see whats going on

Details can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927

I Just tried again and the same thing happened it opens the installer and then comes up with:

Football Manager 2009 v9.3.0 Patch cannot be installed on this computer.Could not find specified message for index 0

Is this the first patch you have tried to install or have you installed previous patches without problem?

Could you load up the game and go to the game status screen to see what version of the game you are running, there's a possibility that the patch installed but this warning is showing for some reason.

When you first installed the game did you install it to the default directory or did you install to a custom directory?

Finally, could you tell me the size of the patch you have downloaded, there's a chance the download is corrupt and the patch will have to be downloaded again, the file size of the mac FM patch should be 155,620kb

It sounds like your graphics card is struggling to show the 3D kits in the game, do you know if you have the latest up to date drivers for your graphics card? If you are not sure how to find out then I'll try to point you in the right direction

Just want to say thanks for the help. I updated my graphics driver and everything is just fine now.

Is this the first patch you have tried to install or have you installed previous patches without problem?

Could you load up the game and go to the game status screen to see what version of the game you are running, there's a possibility that the patch installed but this warning is showing for some reason.

When you first installed the game did you install it to the default directory or did you install to a custom directory?

Finally, could you tell me the size of the patch you have downloaded, there's a chance the download is corrupt and the patch will have to be downloaded again, the file size of the mac FM patch should be 155,620kb

I installed the first patch and that was not a problem.

The version is the 9.10.

When first installed i just left it to default.

The size of patch i downloaded was 152mb

I've got a friend with a problem.

He downloaded the patch with steam, no problems apparently. When he tries to load up FM, he gets an error message, simply saying "Steam error", and FM won't start.

For now that's all the info I have, sorry if it's not enough for any help.

We have an online game going, so obviously need the same patch.

I suggested uninstalling the game and reinstalling and downloading the patch again. He hasn't done that yet, might there be a better option?

Thanks

I installed the first patch and that was not a problem.

The version is the 9.10.

When first installed i just left it to default.

The size of patch i downloaded was 152mb

Could you right-click on the patch and select 'Get Info'. Is the size on the disk is 155,620kb?

I've got a friend with a problem.

He downloaded the patch with steam, no problems apparently. When he tries to load up FM, he gets an error message, simply saying "Steam error", and FM won't start.

For now that's all the info I have, sorry if it's not enough for any help.

We have an online game going, so obviously need the same patch.

I suggested uninstalling the game and reinstalling and downloading the patch again. He hasn't done that yet, might there be a better option?

Thanks

There is a way to run the game without having Steam running (which seems to be the problem here). Navigate to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2009, from here run fm.exe, this will allow you to run FM without Steam running. I hope this solves your problem

Before and after installing the new patch the sound has completely gone.

When i go on preferences before the match the 'play sounds' box is ticked but during the match it is unticked. When i try to tick it the game crashes.

Sound card drive and direct x are up to date btw.

Any advice?

There is a way to run the game without having Steam running (which seems to be the problem here). Navigate to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2009, from here run fm.exe, this will allow you to run FM without Steam running. I hope this solves your problem

Thanks, unfortunately he had gone ahead with the un-installation and when he trie to load FM he gets this

"FM 2009 has stopped working."

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

:confused:

EDIT: Seems to have gotten it working

Hi. I posted on this topic on friday but didn't get any answer. I downloaded the patch from rapidshare and completed the download but now my FM doesnt work.

When i tried to open it a message came up saying that fm.exe had encountered a problem and had to close.

I have deleted the cache and also reinstalled the game through steam and left it to update before trying to open it. I am still getting the same problem where the game won't even open!!

Please help!!

update new patch downloaded direct from steam............I then used editor to do a few minor tweaks...extra cash for man c/fergie back to aberdeen as manager/nothing major at all (no extra clubs created...or changed any leagues etc)............

when I start a new game I selected my new db and it causes almost instant crash dump??????????????????????????

However if I select the 9.3.0. patch without the pre-game edit that loads???????????

aren't you allowed to use the editor with the new patch..

can someone please assist

cheers

Might help someone else re-above I went back to the original patch db and used editor to change a few things as before but bit by bit..............after a few goes:( found out what was causing my crash dumps I had added a few affiliated clubs and left them blank intending to use them later in game if required with FMRTE for some reason doing this caused an almost instant dump;) on trying to load a new game I may be wrong but removed them and my edited db for new patch now ....fingers crossed ....works fine .Hope this might be of use to someone else:thup:

Archived