9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All

I hope patching to 9.3.0 is a great experience for everyone. However there are bound to be problems and I hope we can cover them here.

If you wish to read more or aquire the 9.3.0 patch please go to this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Please post any issues you have in this thread and we will try our best to help you solve them as they come up.

First of all I will post a few things that may be helpful to anyone struggling to get going.

Technical Questions

NOTE: Before you patch, please make sure the game is not open. The game must be closed in order to patch successfully.

1 Q - My download is slow/not working or I'm getting an error when trying to use a link.

A: In the first days of the patch the servers may be incredibly busy. Please be patient during this time and things will settle down as more people seed the torrents and the server load lessens.

2 Q - I've downloaded a torrent file but I can't open it at all.

A: It's most likely that you've downloaded a .torrent seed and not the patch.

Don't worry, this is intended, what you need to do is get hold of a torrent program, for example:

www.BitTorrent.com

Once that is installed and working you put this file into the torrent program and it will download the full patch for you.

If you are stuck on doing this then you can always use the rapidshare links but these may take longer to donwload due to server traffic.

3 Q - Do I have to install Patch 9.1.0 or 9.2.0 first.

A - No, all you need is patch 9.3.0.

4 Q - Do I have to install patch 9.3.0 to continue playing?

A: Not at all. If you are happy with the game experience feel free to continue but we do advise you update to gain from the positive changes made to the game.

5 Q - I have FM/WSM but have a patch for the other game will it work?

A: Please only use the proper FM or WSM patch for your game. If you are not sure what version of the game you have go to the title screen of your installed game and you will see either Football Manager 2009 or World Soccer Manager 2009 displayed. Steam users do not have to worry about this.

6 Q - Can I patch my steam version with a manual download?

A: Please use the steam software to download the patch, if there is a problem with that then contact Steam's customer service department who will be happy to help you.

7 Q - I have the patch but I can't open it and I know it's not a torrent file.

A: Unfortunatley there are sometimes corrupted downloads. Please check the size of your file and see if it matches these:

Mac - 155,620kb

PC - 237,039kb

If your file does not match these size then you may well have a corrupted download and should try to download the file again.

8 Q - It seems like Steam is being slow today. Can I play the 9.2.0 version without updating for now?

You can run a Steam installed game without running Steam by doing the following:

First of all close down Steam.

Go to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2009

Inside this folder you will find the FM09.exe

Create a shortcut here, and drag it onto your desktop use this shortcut to start the game.

The game will now work without running steam - make sure Steam is NOT already running when you do this.

-----------------------------------------------

i have now installed new patch 3.0. however i dont want this patch. i was happy with patch 2.0 how can i go back to that?

ok, i have patch 2.0 installed. my game automatically installled new patch 3.0. the game plays, no probelm with this.

my problem is i dont like the new patch. how do i remove it and all traces??

Remove the game reinstall it but dont update it.

Any save game you have loaded in 9.3 wont work anymore though.

I've started a new game on the 9.3 patch - when it goes to a match it goes straight to the 2d tv view - I've only got the commentary selected (I only want to watch the commentary!) - so why is going straight to this?

Sorry - ignore this - I hadn't selected it seeing as it was a new game - my bad!

might ad still the same problem

Irons can you tell me what the size of your patch file is please?

I'm not sure why it won't open and over 100 test machines of varying specs haven't had this problem. It may be an idea to try it without any User Account Control on (you can switch it back on afterwards) just incase that's interfering, it shouldn't but you never know.

My games now completely knackered I'm afraid :(. It was fine before installing 9.3.0 patch, fully uninstalled/reinstalled the game but it just won't work, I get a crash dump when trying to start a new game and none of my games at all will load! Can't believe it.

Sorry to hear your problems Tiger.

Okay you've tried re-installing and tried deleting the folder causing problems but Vista is stopping you.

After uninstalling did you reboot your machine? May be worth trying that and then trying to delete the folder.

If this works let me know, if not report this in the bugs forum and attach a picture of the crash dump when it comes up (a copy/paste of the contents would be good as well) and I will get someone to look into it.

Okay you've tried re-installing and tried deleting the folder causing problems but Vista is stopping you.

After uninstalling did you reboot your machine? May be worth trying that and then trying to delete the folder.

If this works let me know, if not report this in the bugs forum and attach a picture of the crash dump when it comes up (a copy/paste of the contents would be good as well) and I will get someone to look into it.

I haven't rebooted actually, I'll try now. Thanks for your help.

Is your mouse cursor out of focus as well? Might be down to your screen resolution. I also found that it might be down to overheating.

Strange that. I had that issue for 9.1 & 9.2, but not this version.

Mouse is fine, it's just the text being so distorted/fuzzy.

It's not over heating; everything of mine is running in the low 20's. :D

Mouse is fine, it's just the text being so distorted/fuzzy.

It's not over heating; everything of mine is running in the low 20's. :D

Ah, I see. I had the fuzzy text & an out of focus mouse cursor :p

Are you playing in windowed mode & if so, do you have your taskbar hidden?

How did you resolve it?
It only happened sometimes for me. I found that it was less likely to happen when playing with the smallest sized window possible. Have you tried that?
Windowed, but I tried full screen and all the different resolution, still fuzzy text. :(

So you've tried hiding the taskbar?

just started uploading a new game with the new patch and half way through loading this popped up .......

Application Error-

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in - DAVE-PC/C:/Users/Dave/Documents/SportsInteractive/footballmanager2009/crashdumps....

any help!!?

I followed your advice and it's worked, so thanks a lot Steve :)!

Maybe not a bug a little annoying - I used Steam only to patch the game, but I ran it using a direct shortcut to the fm.exe (no that one Steam uses to create). Now after installation of 9.3.0 the OS tells mi that Wlanapi.dll is missing and fm.exe had failed to run - I found that dll on the net and placed it in FM folder, but it couldn't find another dll related to Windows WiFi Zero Configuration (I forgot the name). When I press OK in that error window the game runs normally. It's a little weird because there is no error when running the game using Steam. Uninstalling the game, Steam, re-installation and activation with uniloc doesn't help. I'm using Windows Server 2008 x64 and have no WiFi cards ;).

It doesn't seem to have any affect on the game so don't worry ;) but I wonder if any of you SI-guys could tell why it's happening.

Cheers

Hey.

After downloading the patch to my mac (!) and installing it correctly, everything seems to work. However when i start up the game it asks for the DVD. However i have bought it over the internet, and does thus not have any dvd. I have tried launching both my usual shortcut, and launching the program through applications/Sports interactive/Fm2009/, but it says the same thing.

Plz help

/Avanti

Any thoughts, or solutions to the above problem Steve? Cheers.

Oh sorry, I meant to answer you.

Can you try something for me?

Do you play in windowed mode? If not go into windowed mode through preferences (check text) and in there resize the window, see if it makes any difference, just click on the bottom right edge and move size the window that way.

I'm not sure what's causing this but if this sorts it out it may give us something to go on.

Hey.

After downloading the patch to my mac (!) and installing it correctly, everything seems to work. However when i start up the game it asks for the DVD. However i have bought it over the internet, and does thus not have any dvd. I have tried launching both my usual shortcut, and launching the program through applications/Sports interactive/Fm2009/, but it says the same thing.

Plz help

/Avanti

Who did you buy the software with Avanti?

The digital version shouldn't be asking you for the dvd at all.

Edit:

I think I know what you may have done. Did you get the standard mac patch? If you have a digital version you need the eSellerate patch not the normal one.

The eSellerate patch is here:

- FM 2009 v9.3.0 - Mac (eSellerate)

Download and install that and give it a go, if it doesn't work you will have to uninstall the game completely and start again (eSellerate should keep your purchase details for re-activation).

Who did you buy the software with Avanti?

The digital version shouldn't be asking you for the dvd at all.

I bought it from Sigames.com. At least thats what my mail says. "Thank you for purchasing from sports interactive".

But i have been playing it since 9.1 and through 9.2 without any problems. The problem first arised when i upgraded to 9.3. It has never asked for the DVD before now.

EDIT: Aaah. Maybe thats why. Didnt know there was a digital patch. Ill give it a try.

Advice needed from Steve Cox or Chris Ritchie. Network problem.

My mate hosted a game with the 9.2 patch and I joined him no problems at all. Then both our games were updated to 9.3 through Steam. I tried to join in the same game but with no success. I hosted a new game just to see if he can join me and he succeeded.

Any advice would be appreciated.

rapidshare.de sucks!

I also got the corrupt file, I'll give that .rar from rapidshare.com a try though the speed is only 45Kb/s =/

Torrent isn't very fast, so everyone who's already downloaded could do everyone else a favor and download the .torrent, rename the installer (if the name is different from the torrent one) and SEED to help. If there's enough seeders, the download should be much faster than most free file host servers.

Whenever there's enough interest in a file, it's the best way to share.

Archived