9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

hi guys..

i have a problem and i hope you guys can help..

firstly i installed the fm09 and patch it with 9.1 version.. after that i use crack and i am able to go to the fm09 main screen.. i did not try to play coz i was downloading patch9.3 at that point of time and i tot i installed the latest patch 1st before officially play the game.

after patching the 9.3version, i try to play the game but it seems that after a few seconds of double clicking on the fm09 icon, nothing happens.. i try again and it says "FM09 is already running".. i ctlr-alt-del to start the task manager and under the process column there is the fm.exe thingy. i right click and end process.. and try again, still nothing and when try the 2nd time again is says 'fm09 already running"

pls help guys...

thanks a lot...

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

My games freezing then crashing when I'm starting a new game, so it works fine up until I press start new game after choosing leagues etc.

Any ideas why?

It was running fine on this laptop until I had to get it wiped and only just re-installed it and it crashes everytime now.

Using Windows Vista, 4gb RAM, 32 bit with a 512mb Radeon graphics card.

i've just recently bought the 09 version installed it and played 3/4 of the first season and all of a sudden the game will not save

it saves all the way over the bar and then goes back to the screen with a message saying that this game could not be saved

it has happened in all the games that i have started since regardless of who i manage,could someone please help

i cannot remember how to take a screen shot of the problem so i can upload it for others to see

thanks in advance

Are you sure the game has crashed? It might just be busy processing. Leave it a good deal longer to check. Maybe even start a new test game with just one league/small database selected to test this theory.

Definitely crashing, tried loading less leagues, way less, and still froze then crashed.

Please help. My friend and I have started a network game. we played or an hour or so then he saved the game (as host) and logged off. When we came back to the game i put in the ip address and it logged me in as a new player. I could see my old player as not connected. Have we done something wrong? Do i also need to save the game? Or how do i REJOIN the game as there are no options.

Please help

Hey,

I recently downloaded the new patch and as soon as it was completed the taskebar disappeared. At the moment i am having to Control, Alt, Delete to swap between tasks and was wondering what i can do to be able to get the taskbar back.

Thanks in Advance.

Can someone help me please?? I have been playing the new update fine and went to play today and its now saying FM has encountered a problem and needs to close. It did this when the game was new but stopped a couple of months ago.

I have re installed it but that hasnt worked.

Please help!...

I've downloaded the patch on my mac and installed it to applications>sports interactive>football manager 2009 but it doesn't seem to be working. is there anything else i need to do? I reopen the game and click the 'check for updates' button and it still reckons im on 9.0.0..

thanks

PLEASE HELP >>> just installed patch 3 .. now my 3d graphics are either a lot of grey lines crossing the pitch or one half of the pitch is greyed out... GeForce 7300gt with latest drivers , 2 meg ram , worked fine before the patch.....

I downloaded the patch 9.3.0 from rapidshare.de (the rapidshare.com link is not working), then I installed it on my iMac. The patch contents went into the folder .../SportsInteractive/FootballManager2009/data/updates/update-910/data/updates/update-930

Since it didn't seem to work this way, i moved the update-930 folder to the same level as update-910. But it still doesn't work; when I try to create a new game, still gives me only the option to select the default database or the 9.1.0.

Can you please help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.

One more question: this new patch won't do a thing in saved games, right? So I can keep up with a previous game I'm playing and create a new one which will have the new patch settings, right?

Hi,

My games freezing then crashing when I'm starting a new game, so it works fine up until I press start new game after choosing leagues etc.

Any ideas why?

It was running fine on this laptop until I had to get it wiped and only just re-installed it and it crashes everytime now.

Using Windows Vista, 4gb RAM, 32 bit with a 512mb Radeon graphics card.

I expect if you're re-installed your machine you've probably removed some drivers the game needs.

Can you get your dxdiag posted up here please and I'll take a look.

PLEASE HELP >>> just installed patch 3 .. now my 3d graphics are either a lot of grey lines crossing the pitch or one half of the pitch is greyed out... GeForce 7300gt with latest drivers , 2 meg ram , worked fine before the patch.....

Dxdiag please.

1. Click Start

2. Click Run (or in the search box for Vista)

3. Type "dxdiag" in the text box.

4. Once program has finished scanning "Save all information" and save the file somewhere you'll remember.

5. Open the file copy/paste the contents into a post on here.

Cheers.

I downloaded the patch 9.3.0 from rapidshare.de (the rapidshare.com link is not working), then I installed it on my iMac. The patch contents went into the folder .../SportsInteractive/FootballManager2009/data/updates/update-910/data/updates/update-930

Since it didn't seem to work this way, i moved the update-930 folder to the same level as update-910. But it still doesn't work; when I try to create a new game, still gives me only the option to select the default database or the 9.1.0.

Can you please help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.

One more question: this new patch won't do a thing in saved games, right? So I can keep up with a previous game I'm playing and create a new one which will have the new patch settings, right?

You've installed the patch to the wrong area.

When you re-install simply select:

.../sportsinteractive/footballmanager2009

And run the patch there.

It doesn't touch saved games so you will be fine there.

I've downloaded the patch on my mac and installed it to applications>sports interactive>football manager 2009 but it doesn't seem to be working. is there anything else i need to do? I reopen the game and click the 'check for updates' button and it still reckons im on 9.0.0..

thanks

Sounds like it's the right place.

Can you click through and check the properties on your Fm.exe please. See if that reports as being 9.0.0 or 9.3

Can someone help me please?? I have been playing the new update fine and went to play today and its now saying FM has encountered a problem and needs to close. It did this when the game was new but stopped a couple of months ago.

I have re installed it but that hasnt worked.

Please help!...

Can you supply your dxdiag please.

1. Start

2. Run (or search box in vista)

3. Type "dxdiag" and press return

4. Once the program has finished scanning "save all information" and save somewhere you'll remember.

5. Open the dxdiag.txt file and copy/paste the contents into a post here.

Cheers.

Please help. My friend and I have started a network game. we played or an hour or so then he saved the game (as host) and logged off. When we came back to the game i put in the ip address and it logged me in as a new player. I could see my old player as not connected. Have we done something wrong? Do i also need to save the game? Or how do i REJOIN the game as there are no options.

Please help

Can you post this in the network games area. They will have a better idea on what's gone wrong there.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

hi guys..

i have a problem and i hope you guys can help..

firstly i installed the fm09 and patch it with 9.1 version.. after that i use crack and i am able to go to the fm09 main screen.. i did not try to play coz i was downloading patch9.3 at that point of time and i tot i installed the latest patch 1st before officially play the game.

after patching the 9.3version, i try to play the game but it seems that after a few seconds of double clicking on the fm09 icon, nothing happens.. i try again and it says "FM09 is already running".. i ctlr-alt-del to start the task manager and under the process column there is the fm.exe thingy. i right click and end process.. and try again, still nothing and when try the 2nd time again is says 'fm09 already running"

pls help guys...

thanks a lot...

Can you explain "after that I use crack" please?

gamestatus.png

I have downloaded the new patch and I have started getting this on my game status screen. I dont seem to have any other problems just this. I have tried deleting the cache file twice and reinstalling twice but I get nothing different. I wouldnt mind only I run a network game on my computer and it can make it a little tricky sometimes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Steve

I understand your busy but is there any update on my blank game status screen problem?

Thanks

Help i have recently got this message how do i fix it?

I have tried rebooting pc, re-installing and rebooting again tried all patches done many different ways. the game worked fine before. sometimes it loads up after an install but when you close the game it fails to load

I am using Vista Home Premium 64 below is the error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.3.0.36289

Application Timestamp: 49a49dac

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a783

Exception Code: c00000fd

Exception Offset: 0002f1c2

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: fd00

Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Additional Information 3: fd00

Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Hi guys, first time since the patch I've tried to play this, and can't get past the stage of chosing leagues. I've got the game installed with Steam so it automatically downloaded the patch. When I click to "start game", the game seems fine loading, but if I got back to it, it's just telling me "not responding" at the top of the screen. Normally loading a 4-league/1-nation game would take just a minute or so, I've waiting 10 and it still says this. When I've chosen to "close the program", it says it is trying to find a solution/explanation for it but it hasn't come back with anything at all! Any possible reasons/solutions as to why it does this?

I can load 9.0.2 games fine, just not create any now :/.

I don't know if this is the right thread, it looks more about technical problems, but why is it that out of my two left midfielders, aged 21 and 23, the younger one with significantly stronger stats (the only stats he loses out on are flair, marking and strength), acquired a season ago and maturing nicely, has only a 4 star rating ('decent player, potential to be a good player') and the older one has 7 stars ('leading star')?

Could it be because the older one has more caps under his belt, and a good average rating (7.14 I think)? But surely the player assessments are based on ability not experience? Please explain

Is it just a matter of

Извините!!!! А здесь кто-нибудь русский язык знает? А то мне плохая оценка в колледже по английскому языку была и я просто не понимаю англ. язык. Если есть человек знающий русский отзовись пожалуйста!!!

Извините!!!! А здесь кто-нибудь русский язык знает? А то мне плохая оценка в колледже по английскому языку была и я просто не понимаю англ. язык. Если есть человек знающий русский отзовись пожалуйста!!!

This is what i got using the translator:

Excuse!!!! And here Russian knows somebody? And that to me the bad estimation in college on English language was also I simply I do not understand English language. If there is a person knowing Russian respond please!!!

Какова ваша проблема, я использую переводчика, таким образом это, возможно, не имеет смысл.

Using a Mac

1. My 3D screen is jumping making it hard for me to watch my matches.

How can I fix this?

Can you tel me more details?

Graphics card

RAM

CPU

What graphic settings you have in FM

What programs do you have running along with FM

Any background programs running and using the CPU/RAM

Sorry if this is covered anywhere else, but I've spent ages looking and can't find it, plus the new Mac Mini is only a month or so old.

I had the game running on a PC without any trouble, but I've just bought the Mac Mini. The system requirement all seem to be more than met by the specifications of this. From what I've read, it should be easier to get the game working on a Mac anyway.

The disc is recognised and installs seemingly without problems. But when clicking on the FM icon to open the game, nothing happens. No error messages, just nothing. I've reinstalled, tried to open it in different ways, tried to add the patches, but I can't get it to open.

Any help on this would be really appreciated as I'll consider sending the Mac Mini back if it can't even run this game.

Thanks for any help.

У меня есть проблема в football manager 2009 (русская версия) или patch 9.3.0. У меня когда пытаюсь загрузить последнее сохранение выскакивает ошибка "Не возможно загрузить сохранённую игру". Уже 2 раза такое было и приходилось начинать всё с самого начала. У меня вопрос в следующем: возможно ли восстановить сохранение или решить эту проблему.

Я поклонник этой игры, у нас в городе Барановичи (в Беларуси) нашёл единственное место где можно купить эту игру, но сталкиваюсь с рядом проблем когда играю в неё, например самая надоедливая из всех: ошибка crash dumps - надоела уже до невозможного. И самая опасная ошибка у меня, как было уже сказанно в самом начале - это "Не возможно загрузить сохранённую игру". Помогите кто с решением!

i had no problems downloading this patch and i love it :)

however, it there anything i can do to edit it?

i downloaded it through steam, and when i open the editor it doesn't find the patch. i copied the updated patches folder to a correct folder and it is now found when i go to load a database to edit, however when i click on the 9.3.0 patch (or anyothers) i get a loading error plainly saying the database failed to load"

is there a way to fix, or should i download the patch through a torrent? or is there simply no way to edit it

Can you tel me more details?

Graphics card

RAM

CPU

What graphic settings you have in FM

What programs do you have running along with FM

Any background programs running and using the CPU/RAM

Intel GMA X3100 Graphic Processor

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Graphic Detail= Auto-Select

Other Programs= None (sometimes internet)

Background Jobs= None

Thats what I could find out if that helps u

Ok I downloaded the 9.3 patch and updated it. When I try to launch the game it says "Football Manager 2009 is already running" when the game hasn't been launched.

What have I done wrong here?

After a very long time, It now says Facegen has been disabled because it failed to initialise, etc. Could that be part of the problem? I have downloaded the patch and I use A laptop with Vista on it and I'm pretty sure I have the latest graphics drivers, etc. A possible problem is that I accidentally updated the patch with the game running...

Thanks for the help.

У меня есть проблема в football manager 2009 (русская версия) или patch 9.3.0. У меня когда пытаюсь загрузить последнее сохранение выскакивает ошибка "Не возможно загрузить сохранённую игру". Уже 2 раза такое было и приходилось начинать всё с самого начала. У меня вопрос в следующем: возможно ли восстановить сохранение или решить эту проблему.

Я поклонник этой игры, у нас в городе Барановичи (в Беларуси) нашёл единственное место где можно купить эту игру, но сталкиваюсь с рядом проблем когда играю в неё, например самая надоедливая из всех: ошибка crash dumps - надоела уже до невозможного. И самая опасная ошибка у меня, как было уже сказанно в самом начале - это "Не возможно загрузить сохранённую игру". Помогите кто с решением!

Translation or as good as i can get:

I have a problem in football manager 2009 (the Russian version) or patch 9.3.0. At me when I try to load last preservation the mistake " not probably jumps out to load the kept game ". Already 2 times such were and it was necessary to begin all from the very beginning. At me a question in the following: whether probably to restore preservation or to solve this problem.

I the admirer of this game, in the city of Baranovichi (in Belarus) have found a unique place where it is possible to buy this game from us, but I collide with a number of problems when I play it, for example most annoying of all: the mistake crash dumps - has bothered already up to impossible. And the most dangerous mistake at me as was already сказанно right at the beginning is " not probably to load the kept game ". Help who with the decision!

Вы имеете "Компресс, который Спасенные(Сэкономленные) Игры" выбор(опция) помечали если так непометку попытки и видеть, помогает ли это, действительно ли это подобно тому, что Вы получаете?

Do you have "Compress Saved Games" option ticked if so try unticking and see if that helps,

Is this similar to what you get?

http://fm.theoffside.com/fm09/the-save-game-could-not-be-loaded.html

Попытка помечать авто экономит(спасает) 3 катящихся файла, поскольку это спасет(сэкономит) несколько резервных копий, только упаковывают

Try ticking the auto save 3 rolling files as this will save a few backups just incase

Sorry if this is covered anywhere else, but I've spent ages looking and can't find it, plus the new Mac Mini is only a month or so old.

I had the game running on a PC without any trouble, but I've just bought the Mac Mini. The system requirement all seem to be more than met by the specifications of this. From what I've read, it should be easier to get the game working on a Mac anyway.

The disc is recognised and installs seemingly without problems. But when clicking on the FM icon to open the game, nothing happens. No error messages, just nothing. I've reinstalled, tried to open it in different ways, tried to add the patches, but I can't get it to open.

Any help on this would be really appreciated as I'll consider sending the Mac Mini back if it can't even run this game.

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried and downloaded all the files needed to run the game such as direct x and do you have the latest drivers for the graphics sound etc

have you read http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556 as this may have the answer.

i had no problems downloading this patch and i love it :)

however, it there anything i can do to edit it?

i downloaded it through steam, and when i open the editor it doesn't find the patch. i copied the updated patches folder to a correct folder and it is now found when i go to load a database to edit, however when i click on the 9.3.0 patch (or anyothers) i get a loading error plainly saying the database failed to load"

is there a way to fix, or should i download the patch through a torrent? or is there simply no way to edit it

There will be a way to edit the database, i will see if i can find anything on this subject personally i don't like steam

Intel GMA X3100 Graphic Processor

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Graphic Detail= Auto-Select

Other Programs= None (sometimes internet)

Background Jobs= None

Thats what I could find out if that helps u

My graphics card was like this where you see the players keep jumping, i fixed it by making sure i had the latest:

Graphics drivers and software,

latest direct x

as i use vista i turned off the aero options as it was taking some of my cpu

also i turned off the windows search index that took up quite a lot

i made sure my anti virus wasn't scanning at the time of playing the game.

it was working better after all this.

try and see if any of that helps you may have processes running that are due to the system not programs

also try doing this

Temporary fixes for users having their game freezing

One solution to this is playing the game in Windowed Mode. Instructions on how to setup the game in windowed mode can be found in another thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64936

Another solution could be to turn off stadiums and shadows.

Ok I downloaded the 9.3 patch and updated it. When I try to launch the game it says "Football Manager 2009 is already running" when the game hasn't been launched.

What have I done wrong here?

This means you have clicked to open the game more than once. nothing wrong in that.

After a very long time, It now says Facegen has been disabled because it failed to initialise, etc. Could that be part of the problem? I have downloaded the patch and I use A laptop with Vista on it and I'm pretty sure I have the latest graphics drivers, etc. A possible problem is that I accidentally updated the patch with the game running...

Thanks for the help.

When installing the patch you never have the game running at the time of install.

But as for the Facegen being disabled here is a possible solution.

You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’

Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date

There will be a way to edit the database, i will see if i can find anything on this subject personally i don't like steam

thanks, anything you find out will be aces :D

i'll check back daily to see if u find anything :)

thanks again (x

Right so far the possibilities are:

re-install patch

load it up with steam not opened

also this site may have some help

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=51003

no info on site, but i have posted there too

loading it up without steam on didn't work. and neither did re-installing patch.

you think if i deleted the patches and downloaded outside of steam would help maybe?

Hi, im having activation problems. I've tried various methods of doing it, all which say that i've activated successfully, but every time i try to load the game, it still comes up with the softanchor thing, with the same error, which is not being connected to the internet.

Can anybody help?!

Hi, im having activation problems. I've tried various methods of doing it, all which say that i've activated successfully, but every time i try to load the game, it still comes up with the softanchor thing, with the same error, which is not being connected to the internet.

Can anybody help?!

do you have any firewall programs running that blocking access to internet 3rd party firewalls tend to cause this

no info on site, but i have posted there too

loading it up without steam on didn't work. and neither did re-installing patch.

you think if i deleted the patches and downloaded outside of steam would help maybe?

it all points to the patch not been updated properly, maybe download the patch and try to install it again that way not via steam, or the other way is if its a boxed game install the other way as it may work like that better.

But as you said you copied the files to another folder it may have not copied all the necessary files needed to load database, you could try to copy them again.

also i have had a look and here is something to look at choose the custom database folder and direct it to the steam folder where the patch is at and or the other one in same place

dataeditor2009040722095.th.jpg

Archived