Patch Problem. Mac

i have a white macbook btw.

basically, i downloaded and installed the new patch just now, but when i go to start a new game the option for 9.3 update db is not available. I had the same problem with 9.2, after downloading and installing it multiple times, but 9.1 worked properly.

is there a chance that all the other updates have taken effect, other than the db ones? is there a way to check this? as i really want to start a new game and it is really frustrating. tbh i wouldnt mind starting a new game with the original db but i want the bug fixes!

anyone else had a similar problem?

thanks

• SI Staff

Is your game installed in a non-default location?

The database should be in the folder 'db' located in User > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009

If its not there I'd suggest reinstalling to a default location and re-patching

I never had this problem I too have a silver macbook pro... Antpocolypsenow do you mean he needs to locate his FM 2009 folder manually (by clicking the browse button) to properly install the patch? I do this everytime but I guess it's second nature to me at this stage as I do that for any application I am installing.

• SI Staff
I never had this problem I too have a silver macbook pro... Antpocolypsenow do you mean he needs to locate his FM 2009 folder manually (by clicking the browse button) to properly install the patch? I do this everytime but I guess it's second nature to me at this stage as I do that for any application I am installing.

If it has indeed not patched correctly this would definitely be advisable :thup:

• SI Staff
is there a chance that all the other updates have taken effect, other than the db ones?

If the 9.3 database is not available there's a possibility it did not install the patch to the correct location. If you run up FM, and go to the Game Status Screen (from the Options menu once you've loaded a game), it should give you what version it is (9.0,9.1,9.2 or 9.3).

If it says 9.3 then it will have the fixes (but no db as it is not listed when starting a new game). If it says anything else it is running and older version.

When running the patch installer, once on the step that says "Installation Type", click "Change Install Location...", then select the Mac OS X disk, and click the button labelled "Change Folder...". Make sure the folder chosen is the one that contains your Football Manager 2009 installation (if it isn't, locate it, double click it so you're actual inside the folder and can see the "fm" application, and click "Choose". Complete the patch installer - if everything succeeds it should now patch correctly, including the 9.3 database.

• SI Staff
when i am installing, i choose the macintosh HD as the destination, then there is the option to choose folder. But seeing as though my game is installed to the default location im not really sure which folder to choose. any ideas?

Applications is where it should go

• SI Staff
when i am installing, i choose the macintosh HD as the destination, then there is the option to choose folder. But im not really sure which folder to choose. FM09? btw my game version is 9.1.1 so obviously th eupdates havent taken effect

The patch installer attempts to find the location of your Football Manager 2009 installation automatically, and in most cases will find it without problem. If there is a problem and the patch doesn't seem to install (like in your case), then it's worth checking the patch install location to make sure it does install it the correct location.

• SI Staff
Are the mac patch and the mac (esellerate) patch the same?

Almost. The eSellerate patch is for digital download purchases through eSellerate, and if you were to install this on top of the normal (non-eSellerate) install, it will ask you for an eSellerate code. The non-eSellerate patch is for the boxed DVD version of the game. All bug fixes and database updates are included in both patches, but install the correct patch that applies for you. If you by mistake install the wrong one, download and install the correct one (you shouldn't need to uninstall and re-install the game, just install the correct patch on top of the other patch).

Archived