How big is your first team squad?

Coop

I have 2 players for each position but when playing twice a week, and occassionally getting a game with 2 or 3 injuries, I have found I will need to increase that size slightly for next season (in the attacking areas).

I like to play with 2 teams, home matches with the little more weaker one and away matches plus home vs. super teams with the best players, over the years I buy so many talented players(+170 PA 10-15 youngsters per season) I have +100 international call-ups for U21 :D

I keep my squad at 25 players. This makes it convenient when it comes to European competition registration as well. :thup:

As for the make up of the squad, I have a minimum of 2 players covering each position, with some players having a wide spectrum of positions they are comfortable in. I do include some promising youths as part of my 25 players. They will get games for them to improve upon their talent and I will ensure that I always have sufficient home-grown players in my squad this way.

I like to play with 2 teams, home matches with the little more weaker one and away matches plus home vs. super teams with the best players, over the years I buy so many talented players(+170 PA 10-15 youngsters per season) I have +100 international call-ups for U21 :D

You must be filthy rich.

Uh...

A Goalkeeper (thankfully he hasn't been injured for about 6 years!), 4 centerhalves (1 Youth), 2 Right Fullbacks, 2 Left Fullbacks, 3 Left Wingers (1 youth), 3 right wingers (1 youth), 5 central midfielders (1 youth), 5 strikers (2 youth) for a total of: 25 (6 youth). I'm looking to trim that come the end of the new season. It's going to be a hard choice, but one striker has to go, my aging midfielder and wingers will also be gone.

I play LLM so a small squad is pretty much forced upon me. I would say my first team squad and my reserve sqaud are pretty much one and the same and they total about 25 players.

I don't use genie scout (or similar) so my youths are also limited to what my scouts can find, which at that level, isnt a great deal.

My first team squad consists of 18 players then I'll have a further 18 in reserves with 11 of them out on loan leaving 7 to backup each position & make up the Euro numbers. this way, my U/19 players get a run at the reserve leagues too giving them more experience..

I tend to have about 25-30 in the Youth team

What is the purpose of keeping 30 players around? some of them are wasting their time and you are wasting your wage budget , i would say 18 1st class and 5-7 youngsters are ok since you will usually have to make some alchemy when injuries occur which is fun .

Playing a right midfielder on the left isn't that big , or a winger in ST position.

What is the purpose of keeping 30 players around? some of them are wasting their time and you are wasting your wage budget , i would say 18 1st class and 5-7 youngsters are ok since you will usually have to make some alchemy when injuries occur which is fun .

Playing a right midfielder on the left isn't that big , or a winger in ST position.

Well, when you have your squad reduced to single digits because of injuries and suspension it's not very 'fun' to some people.

yeah, although that's not my intention in the first place..I just want to have talented start like CR7 priduced in my youth team, so I just buy and buy youngsters every season, and u get a huge youth team, not to mention all those coaches required to mantain a low workload :/

when some of them become good enoguh to play for my 1st team, I have to sell some of my older stars :/ , and send others on loan, but I dont get too many loan offers, even though I offer them on loan myself, I think loan offers for talented youngsters should be improved in FM though

Usually about 22 to 25 players, like a lot of people.

I keep on trying to train people for new positions, though.

If you have too many players, they get fed up too easily and start moaning that they want first team football even though they are rubbish...:(

well not really, it costs you around 10-15M€ each season to buy 10-15 talented youngsters, yeah it's not little, but it snot too much either :D

an old SS from FM08 :D

dc6glx.jpg

well att least you keep the inter tradition of having loads of nationality's in your squad. have you got more than 3 italian A-players?

well att least you keep the inter tradition of having loads of nationality's in your squad. have you got more than 3 italian A-players?

well first of all let me tell you I'm an Inter fan, and as such I know about their ''tradition'', this club was actually founded to give a chance to foreign players in italy at that time, and it's no wonder it was called ''Internazionale'' :) I'm proud of their tradition, I don't care about all those nationalists who say at least ''x'' domestic players should play in every club, but even though I like to have a couple of italians in my team, as I would like Inter to have in reality(and they have an excellent youth department(just look at what their youth teams won in the last years) , Santon is the prove of it

Archived