Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reillyg

German National Team

I'm sure this is somewhere and I have looked for it but i can't find it, but how can I make the German national team 'real', so that it is not greyed out. I think i read somthing about deleting some file, but i cannot remeber which one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I'm sure this is somewhere and I have looked for it but i can't find it, but how can I make the German national team 'real', so that it is not greyed out. I think i read somthing about deleting some file, but i cannot remeber which one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Waiting for enough regens to appear...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Yep, you'll have to delete a certain file, but you'll have to look for more info about that somewhere else, because this forum does not promote freedom of speech. Try sortitoutsi.net.

i was just generally editing one day, hanging things like team rep etc and when i loaded up my database the german national team wasnt greyed out and it was playable, sadly this was in 08 and i haven't a clue what i did

Yep, you'll have to delete a certain file, but you'll have to look for more info about that somewhere else, because this forum does not promote freedom of speech. Try sortitoutsi.net.

That's not true. Due to license problems, SI isn't allowed to display the German national teams (and other national teams) with real players. Of course nobody at the official forums can tell you how to solve this problem.

Google for something like "fm09 fake lnc" and you find the answer.

;2766610']That's not true. Due to license problems' date=' SI isn't allowed to display the German national teams (and other national teams) with real players. Of course nobody at the official forums can tell you how to solve this problem.

Google for something like "fm09 fake lnc" and you find the answer.[/quote']

In know all about licenses and all that crap, but the fact is, a license (or lack of one) cannot prevent you from talking about something. But here it does, so that means SI doesn't respect freedom of speech. It's not like we're signed some kind of NDA here.

And the only other national team missing is Japan, and with that there's the added bonus of not even having the J-League players/staff in the db, so you can't really fix that properly with any deletion of files.

Okay, but do you understand that SI can't talk officially about solutions to fix this "problem"? If they do, they could be prosecuted and this costs lots of money. SI also has to cut down these discussions in their official forums for the same reason. There exist solutions and everybody can google for simple words like "fake, national teams, fm09" and they'll find a quick answer. Of course this situation isn't really satisfying neither for the community nor for SI self. :(

There exist places where you have a right to free speech, and somebody's private internet forum is not one of them. SI have a perfect right to say what you can and cannot discuss on their forums.

The new FM wiki that's being complied has an article on the issue you want answers for. Check the link in GQ.