What leagues would you like to see added in the future

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to see the missing South-American leagues, especially Bolivia and Venezuela, but what SI should really do instead of spending time to add more leagues is coming up with an API that allows outside programmers (us) to create their own leagues. It may be initially hard to do, but in the long run you'd save a lot of time and resources and everybody wins - the community would quickly create even the most obscure leagues for anybody to plug in if they want, and SI isn't tied up researching and programming the Botswanian 3rd division.

I'd like to see it, even without promotion/relegation. I go to Minnesota Thunder games regularly.

Bechkamisation, lol, good term. He is bringing more attention to soccer, ahem, football here in the US, though, which is good for everyone, right? Right?!

The Thunder are really having a rough season this year, eh?

Were you there for the Open Cup game against Cleveland?

Portland have been having a rough time as well. But we just re-signed Byron Alvarez, so we're going to dominate again. :D Timbers franchise leading goal-scorer for the win!

As for why they were taken out, not too sure, to be honest. Lots of people seem to want them, I know at least six or seven who would buy the game if it had the USL leagues in it.

If people want the leagues adding I don't see why they shouldn't be added. It would make managing in the USA more attractive due to the increased player base, and potential for feeder teams etc.

I would also like either the league here in NZ adding or the state leagues in Oz for the exact same reason as above.

I'm confused though. What is the point of having weird names after the club names like "Bears" or something like that?

And i know it would be good, but, what is the point as you can't get promoted, so even if your club won the league for ten years in a row, they wouldn't progress anywhere, maybe win the Open cup, but that's all.

@ MSCCG - adding the NCAA would be one of the stupidest things SI could do. The USL is more important to American soccer than college.

And to my knowledge, the leagues were removed because the guy in charge of American research didn't want to devote as much time to the leagues.

I'm confused though. What is the point of having weird names after the club names like "Bears" or something like that?

And i know it would be good, but, what is the point as you can't get promoted, so even if your club won the league for ten years in a row, they wouldn't progress anywhere, maybe win the Open cup, but that's all.

First off, that is how most things are done in American sports, it is just a different culture. As for the not getting promoted, you are right, they wouldn't progress to the so-called 'highest' level in America. It is quite different than any other league in that the two are separate entities, and the quality level is almost the same, the USL just doesn't recieve the treatment the MLS does, mostly because of money-related issues. And, as a matter of fact, the Open Cup now gives Concacaf Champion's League I believe, so there is that. :)

Its just like playing in any other lower-quality league, the MLS doesn't really have anything to do with the USL.

The Thunder are really having a rough season this year, eh?

Were you there for the Open Cup game against Cleveland?

I did not see them play Cleveland.

I did see them play host to Burnley FC, which was pretty sweet. I REALLY want to get over to England and see a game at Wembley or Old Trafford.

I don't know? Why are they called the Red Devils? What is the point?

http://www.premierleague.com/page/manchester-united

Ever heard of a nickname? That's what those Americans do. They include the nickname unlike Englishmen. However, just about all clubs have nicknames. Ever heard of Spurs? Cules? Los Blancos?

I don't know? Why are they called the Red Devils? What is the point?

http://www.premierleague.com/page/manchester-united

Ever heard of a nickname? That's what those Americans do. They include the nickname unlike Englishmen. However, just about all clubs have nicknames. Ever heard of Spurs? Cules? Los Blancos?

indeed every club has a nickname even the mighty Chesterfield is called the Spireites!

But i think the question the person asked meant more of why is there the nicknames in the full name.

E.g. Manchester United not Manchester Red Devils United or "Real Madrid Los Blancos" rather than Real Madrid. All teams outside of the US have a full name then a nickname.... The Americans seem to add full name and nickname together Like Portland Timbers or what else.

But why though

indeed every club has a nickname even the mighty Chesterfield is called the Spireites!

But i think the question the person asked meant more of why is there the nicknames in the full name.

E.g. Manchester United not Manchester Red Devils United or "Real Madrid Los Blancos" rather than Real Madrid. All teams outside of the US have a full name then a nickname.... The Americans seem to add full name and nickname together Like Portland Timbers or what else.

But why though

Yeah but that's the full name of the American club. You say, Manchester "United." Well, the Americans say New York "Yankees." The nickname of the New York club could be classified as "yankees" or "yanks." However, if you look on a map, you won't see Real Madrid, New York Yankees, and Manchester United. You'll see Manchester, Madrid, and New York.

If United, Yankees, or Real aren't classified as "nicknames" then I don't know what a nickname is . . .

Amusing how hypocritical people are . . .

it's a means of identification and unity, we use it here is Australia (i.e. Central Coast Mariners), plus, the English actually do this also (Leeds Rhinos in Rugby League, London Wasps in Union).

personally i love it, wish my Sydney FC team had a decent nickname.

I think it would be more important to add leagues such as the forthcoming Australian Youth League before something like the USL. If they have nothing better to do and add it, then I would recommend they consider the Aus state leagues and NZ leagues, because they are all at pretty much the same feeble level! Personally I'm happy with all the leagues that are currently in the game and don't see the need for extras!

If push comes to shove- screw the pathetic American lower leagues (would be a complete waste of time) and add the almost-interesting New Zealand league along with the option to expand the Aussie A-League to 12 teams in 2012!

If your a Canadian or American and can't get a "job" on FM in the Americas- there is a big wide world out there waiting for your exploration (something many seem to forget). Try starting in one of the Latin leagues such as Argentina and Brazil.... or try one of the small teams in the MLS (there are plenty to choose from)

Yeah but that's the full name of the American club. You say, Manchester "United." Well, the Americans say New York "Yankees." The nickname of the New York club could be classified as "yankees" or "yanks." However, if you look on a map, you won't see Real Madrid, New York Yankees, and Manchester United. You'll see Manchester, Madrid, and New York.

If United, Yankees, or Real aren't classified as "nicknames" then I don't know what a nickname is . . .

Ive been proven wrong... Congratulations :)

I think it would be more important to add leagues such as the forthcoming Australian Youth League before something like the USL. If they have nothing better to do and add it, then I would recommend they consider the Aus state leagues and NZ leagues, because they are all at pretty much the same feeble level! Personally I'm happy with all the leagues that are currently in the game and don't see the need for extras!

New Zealand's league can't hold up anywhere near the USL1. Our Portland Timber's manager, Gavin Wilkinson, is a kiwi and he rates it at barely in USL-2. Of course, we have signed two top scorers from there, namely Bryan Little and Benji Totori and Bryan's not getting any time out on the pitch, and Totori hasn't either (Cause he is injured :p) neither of them have scored yet.

I can honestly say that I think more people will buy the game if the USL Division is in it, as for the Aussie State Leagues and New Zealand leagues, can't really say the same.

I can see why you are fine with it, you can manage Sydney F.C. ;)

Some of you lads really ought to go over to SI's new Football Forum on these very boards and chime in on the MLS thread.

It says MLS in the subject line, but we talk about USL (mostly Timbers and Silverbacks because of posters from Portland and Atlanta) and the national team also. :)

If push comes to shove- screw the pathetic American lower leagues (would be a complete waste of time) and add the almost-interesting New Zealand league

LOL NZ league is about the level of PDL in the US, what's the point?

This guy is ****-poor, just trots around and does nothing. I can't understand why Portland would sign him

I think he's going to be a bit of an impact sub, from what I've seen of him, he does have a nice bit of pace. Not the greatest skills, though. Doesn't really matter though, he is out for the season with a knee injury I think it is, and he was only on a year's contract, don't know if he'll come back. Bryan little has been a decent player however, I think he should be getting more playing time than he is currently.

fifam doesnt have the same amount of real world data, but it leave many unresearched league playable by using fake player.

in fm many league are half-researched but not able to play or view, like those appeared in the national team domestic club panel

maybe these league can at least gain a viewable status

and also it would be happy to see that every europe and south america nations at least have their top division

one possibility would be if si added in the structure for lots of extra leagues, but left them blank, so that people could add the players later. as it is, people have done the research for leagues such as egypt, but currently have to replace an existing league in order to add it in

That is the easiest and best option IMO.

would love to play lithuanian, latvian, estonian leagues even with fake players, although when I choose to load all players from those nations when starting a new game there's already loads of researched players.

This is why:

- adding the possibility to add leagues with the editor

- adding the possibility to manage clubs from other nations, even with grey players

could offer some workaround for those who can't find their favourite league in the game.

End of debate. Then all can have their favourite leagues.

I'd personally like to see:

Egypt

Tunisia

Ghana

Nigeria

Algeria

CIV

Real actually stands for Royal.

i want the buying players more like real life, the manager usally gives the chairman a list of players and he goes out and sees who he can get , its the way most clubs work in the top leagues anyway! i would love to see this added

I know a few people (not sport fans) who call every team like the New York Yankees. If I hear the words "Reading Royals" or "Arsenal Gunners/Gooners" once more...

Manchester United isn't a nick name, it's firstly a way of telling them apart from City, and secondly saying that when the team was formed, it made Manchester "United" (except for City). Leeds or Newcastle would be better examples...

Archived