What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Would love to see more English leagues added, but can't see it happening.

Why not im Scottish and love playing in the Blue Square South league to start with. Although id love to see some Junior Scottish leagues put in also. A lot of people on here would welcome lowever divisions in both England and Scotland.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, but the new SFA Chief Exec wants it (and so do I)

Anyways, I would like to see

Scottish Highland League

I agree also, id love to see the Highland League and also the SFA introduce a relegation for Div 3 because some Highland League clubs and District league clubs would hammer some of the Div 3 teams. Its been proven before.

Can we please have more Scottish leagues. We have the Blue Square so why not the Highland League and Central district league in Scotland.

Because, no disrespect intended, the Blue Square divisions are a lot stronger than the Highlsand and Central District League. That, and you can't be promoted from them, which may cause issues.

Why not im Scottish and love playing in the Blue Square South league to start with. Although id love to see some Junior Scottish leagues put in also. A lot of people on here would welcome lowever divisions in both England and Scotland.

Lower divisions than the Blue Square are very, very difficult to scout and to code. The players are amateur, making them very poor. With the current 1-20 system would there be any differentiation between player qulaity? That, and the massive turnover of players at that level make it very, very difficult to accurately model.

Plus, if you model the Isthmian etc., you then need to scout and have enough players at the level BELOW that in order to ensure promotion/relegation works properly. That's an even bigger nightmare than doing the 7th tier in the first place.

It would be nice to do. But I think it would be very, very difficult to do and require an awful lot of scouting.

Which is the other reason why I think the Highland League will not be forthcoming in the near future.

If someone from Si games is reading this, I want to ask are they planing to make Macedonian League playable in the 2010 edition. I think that it's finally time SI to make that, because the game is very popular in Macedonia. Also, only Macedonian league is not playable from the Balkan leagues.

I didn't know where to put this thread, so, if this is not a place for that tell me!

Unplayable Balkan leagues are Bosnian, Montenegrin and Macedonian (not just Macedonian) and it would be nice to see them all on FM10 or FM11. :)

American Samoan Leagues :p

:cool:

Id love to see the Italian Serie D there is numerous leagues and various big teams there what are struggling like Messina,Spezia,Lucchese and Brindisi

Fully agree. This is "must have" for FM10.

;)

• 1 month later...

I would love to see the USL leagues get in, or at the very least USL D1. I can honestly say there would be many researchers ready to go if it was, including myself. In fact, some of the teams in the USL get higher attendances than many League 1 sides (My beloved Portland Timbers had an average of 8,567 fans a game last season, which would put them above Southend, Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Colchester etc... and Montreal got even higher).

There is no lack of researchers here, I know many who love this game and would research for it. Just thought I'd make clear that the lack of researchers point is dead wrong.

Other leagues I would love to see added would be the J-League and Serie D.

With the restructuring of the Peruvian second division, the Peruvian Second Division should be added. All the teams are in, most have a full squad. As long as it isn't Ter who codes it ;)

(Ter broke something last time he added a league iirc)

More Asian leagues PLEASE!!!

New Asian Champions League Format

Currently the only leagues available in the game, with ACL ranking in brackets are South Korea (2nd), China (3rd), Australia (6th), Indonesia (8th), Singapore (11th), India (13th), Malaysia (18th), and Hong Kong (19th). There is only one playable league in West Asia. Saudi (4th) and UAE (5th) leagues please!!! :D

And of course my usual suggestion of the United Soccer League, even more now due to 2 unplayable teams in the 3 team Canadian Championship. In the 2008-2009 CONCACAF Champions League, one MLS team (Houston) made it to the final 8, while two USL clubs (Montreal Impact and Puerto Rico Islanders) advanced to that stage, and Puerto Rico actually went to the Semi Finals. It's easier to code than MLS.

• 1 month later...
i would love to manage that low hope they get it right however i don't think i'll be buying CM anyway

Yes, my point was solely about how lower levels would be of interest (rather than the Mongolian Prem Lge or similar) and how another games manufacturer has realised this and reacted appropriately. This thread shouldnt go down the "CM10 v FM10 - whos best?" route!

Yes, my point was solely about how lower levels would be of interest (rather than the Mongolian Prem Lge or similar) and how another games manufacturer has realised this and reacted appropriately. This thread shouldnt go down the "CM10 v FM10 - whos best?" route!

You do realise that SI sell FM in other countries and not just England right?

You also have to realise that to incorporate the 7th tier then the 8th tier has to be accurately scouted and included. That means including a lot more part time clubs where data is more difficult to gather and more likely to change on a frequent basis.

The main reason the 7th tier hasn't been added is mainly due to the fact that they haven't got the necessary research levels right now.

I reckon that CM's 7th tier research is going to be rubbish IMO.

I agree with you here. But it would be nice to see SI implementing this in FM 2010.

You do realise that SI sell FM in other countries and not just England right?

You also have to realise that to incorporate the 7th tier then the 8th tier has to be accurately scouted and included. That means including a lot more part time clubs where data is more difficult to gather and more likely to change on a frequent basis.

And you do realise that abroad aspiration is for the very top leagues? so a large percentage would prefer the top European top leagues over their own national league. Then it comes down to which is desired most: tier 7 England or ANOther new country's Leagues? I suspect not the latter. About the data base beng overloaded, that is a good point but back to the OP - if its in CM10 (and if it is good) then why not FM10? And I would question just how accurate scouting need be at lower levels anyway.

Until they get Serie A and La Liga (and other top leagues that FM players actually play) working without serious bugs, they shouldn't concentrate on these leagues. How many would play a tier 7 club anyway? Very few is my guess, but I don't see a problem with adding these leagues once everything else is OK.

Actually there would be a lot more than you think. You have all the llm'ers who would probably love the extra tier to play in, the various challenges in the CSE forum, the people who support a team in those leagues, or even in the leagues directly below it as they can promote up to playable leagues, and also just the people who are intrigued and interested, and play those leagues.

The main reason the 7th tier hasn't been added is mainly due to the fact that they haven't got the necessary research levels right now.

Surey it can't be worse than say the Belarussian second division? I reckon the research capabilities are in place, but SI just don't want to commit more time to coding more leagues.

Championship Manager are still struggling getting enough researchers for higher English tiers. It will be a struggle for them to go down to the 7th tier and be even remotely accurate. FM's research team is huge in comparison and would find it hard to do 7th tier but I think it may one day.

Actually there would be a lot more than you think. You have all the llm'ers who would probably love the extra tier to play in, the various challenges in the CSE forum, the people who support a team in those leagues, or even in the leagues directly below it as they can promote up to playable leagues, and also just the people who are intrigued and interested, and play those leagues.

ChipK suggests there are major bugs in the major leagues that need fixing more urgently - I cannot comment on that but if right it is a fair point, BUT the reason I support the inclusion of tier 7 and indeed lower tiers is that it will help the game become more local, less "FIFA Glory Boys" orientated which Im sure the forum would generally support - who knows, it could lead to gamers playing as their local team then being tempted to go to watch that team if they are on their doorstep. In CM/FM I have usually grown a soft spot for a team I have played as even if I have no prior "connection" to that club. Think of it as SI's contribution to support of base level teams, which they are champions for (eg AFC Wimbledon). I still think that accuracy of scouting could be waived a little at the lower levels (more randomly generated data) , probably only one man and his dog would seriously disagree with the individual 1-20 ratings for a team that attracts average gates of 600 or less spectators anyway.

(And dont underestimate the following for the LLM challenges, though a bit too heavy for my sensibilities!)

...except it seems it is just BSG/CM10 that has taken the plunge on this occaision - shame.

I don't think it's worth the extra work to be honest.

Think that if you do implement tier 7 with the same amount of detail as the other tiers then information on tier 8 would be needed for promotions to tier 7. There are a lot of leagues in tier 8, so it's unfeasible to do it with FM's high standards.

How would a bottom tier teams players be rated? 1's for everything?

edit: I feel it would add nothing. So you cna manage even more obscure rubbish teams if you want? There would be no difference managing a team at the bottom level to League two. Same as it is now.

It would be funny the local team you play for turning up on the game, :x

Yeah under a false name you could offer Research for your own team to SI, they may then incorporate those stats, then when the League teams that use FM as a "Scouting Tool" (and some do you know) find your details they may come knockin at your door!

Interesting......

ChipK suggests there are major bugs in the major leagues that need fixing more urgently - I cannot comment on that but if right it is a fair point, BUT the reason I support the inclusion of tier 7 and indeed lower tiers is that it will help the game become more local, less "FIFA Glory Boys" orientated which Im sure the forum would generally support - who knows, it could lead to gamers playing as their local team then being tempted to go to watch that team if they are on their doorstep. In CM/FM I have usually grown a soft spot for a team I have played as even if I have no prior "connection" to that club. Think of it as SI's contribution to support of base level teams, which they are champions for (eg AFC Wimbledon). I still think that accuracy of scouting could be waived a little at the lower levels (more randomly generated data) , probably only one man and his dog would seriously disagree with the individual 1-20 ratings for a team that attracts average gates of 600 or less spectators anyway.

(And dont underestimate the following for the LLM challenges, though a bit too heavy for my sensibilities!)

...except it seems it is just BSG/CM10 that has taken the plunge on this occaision - shame.

Yes, as long as there are bugs in the major leagues (co-owning in Italy and, B-Teams in La liga, maybe other bugs in other leagues as well) I don't think they should be using resources on tier 7 or 8 in England.

By stating that you want FM to be more local and should therefore include tier 7\8 clubs so that FM players start watching and playing their local team you assume that most FM players are English. I don't know the numbers, but I know that FM is very popular in many countries, and since we already have 6 playable tiers in England I feel SI should prioritize other nations/leagues not in the game yet. Since I usually play a top tier team in England, Norway, Spain or Italy I don't really care what leagues SI add, it just seems fair that they should add missing top tier leagues before they add more tiers in England.

However, my main point is that SI should fix the major leagues before they add more minor leagues.

FM's priority has to be Africa rather than any additional leagues in England.

And South America. They only have one tier for Peru. Adding that, and say, the Ecuadorian leagues and the Egyptian leagues, would add much more to the gaming experience than a 7th tier of English football. We already have more English leagues than anywhere else by far.

CM's quality of research is bad and won't be any better- in fact, I'd argue that this year's will be much worse.

Nah. ATM i would prefer to see more leagues from Africa Asia and S America, as they are currently lacking. I would aslo like to see some former Yugoslav leagues first. i feelthese would add more to the game. (more leagues producing good players etc.)

Considering how much popular FM in UK and how important are the UK sales for SI, I wont be suprised even if they add local pub teams of London at some point. Also adding these teams kinda brakes the scale of attributes, not to mention how to do a fair research for them.

However for me; England already has enough(maybe more than enough) low leagues whereas countries like Spain and Italy does not even have proper 3.tier teams.

Archived