Sports Interactive Community
suited2007

What leagues would you like to see added in the future

defo the highlands league, love to take forres mechanics to champions league glory! That and Fareham & Gosport U7 division then i can manage my real team on FM!

Judging by your location, that's a very biased post. Don't you think it's a bit ignorant to simply write off the leagues that aren't included in the game in the latest release? Your nation's league is in the game already and has several tiers, so you are able to manage within your home nation. Other's don't have that privilege and would like to manage in their nation's league.

By adding more leagues that would do the game no less then improve it since I fail to see how it could negatively impact the game's future sales. In fact, a fan would be more inclined to buy the game knowing he can manage a team in the nation that he is living in, even if it is an obscure league. I myself don't manage in England or Scotland, but mainly in Eastern Europe since that's the region that I am living in. It gives me joy to know that I can bounce around from a wealth of leagues and it only adds to my enjoyment that I get from playing the game. There is more to managing than just in the "top leagues". Perhaps you should take a look at the LLM and Challenge section of the forums and you can see that people get quite the enjoyment from managing outside the more dominant leagues. Don't forget the FM Stories section as well.

There is football outside of the UK and Europe and I'm sure you know that, just like there are nation's leagues that deserve to be represented within the game outside of the more well-known leagues.

You'd also be surprised at the local mods that people make for the game just so they can manage in their nation's league. Take a look at the Editor's Hideaway for example and you can see several threads where people inquire about making a league. Not too long ago I remember seeing someone post a database with the Canadian Soccer League and others.

Just to add to my point, I buy the FM series because of the fact that it includes my home nation's league, where as other competitors in the same genre do not. There are many people like myself and share the same view, and SI win us as customers, just for even including the league to give us the ability to manage within it, let alone the features of the game.

As they say, the more is always the better.

Oh and yes, I can name a team from each of the leagues I mentioned in a previous post. So I believe I meet the requirements to post in this thread. ;)

Your entitled to your opinion mate BUT facts seem to indicate otherwise.

There is another thread running today which is basically a poll asking 'Which league people are playing in their current savegame?'

Like all polls on here there are only 10 options to choose from, 8 options for England, 1 for Spain and 1 for others i.e. everywhere else in the world which isn't England or Spain.

What do you think the percentage voting others is?

Go on, have a guess.....

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2592987#post2592987

I've just voted and ONLY 28% of people come under others i.e. outside England & Spain.

Kinda makes this 8 page thread on which other even more obscure leagues to add look silly!!!

Unless of course you are asking for more English or Spanish leagues.

And what you seem to not realize is that the people who voted there are those hanging out in General Discussion... Make that poll in LLM and it'd look completely different, I'm sure.

And what you seem to not realize is that the people who voted there are those hanging out in General Discussion... Make that poll in LLM and it'd look completely different, I'm sure.

Have you even looked at the thread I've posted the link too?

Depending on your definition of LLM:

There are three leagues in the poll which are 'non-league' AND I would count at least Div 2 (Old 4th Div) as LLM.

I make that just under half, assuming of course no-one who voted Spain was voting for Spain LLM.

Either way I think my original point holds true, the VAST majority of people playing FM2009 stick to the major European Leagues and the majority of them stick to England.

So an eight page game of 'Which really obscure league isn't already included, even though hardly anyone will play it, no-one has voluntered to do any research for it and most people couldn't even name two/three teams in the league they are requesting' thread kinda pointless tbh!!!!!

Have you even looked at the thread I've posted the link too?

Depending on your definition of LLM:

There are three leagues in the poll which are 'non-league' AND I would count at least Div 2 (Old 4th Div) as LLM.

I make that just under half, assuming of course no-one who voted Spain was voting for Spain LLM.

Either way I think my original point holds true, the VAST majority of people playing FM2009 stick to the major European Leagues and the majority of them stick to England.

So an eight page game of 'Which really obscure league isn't already included, even though hardly anyone will play it, no-one has voluntered to do any research for it and most people couldn't even name two/three teams in the league they are requesting' thread kinda pointless tbh!!!!!

LLM, however, is quite a bit more widespread than the lower english leagues.

BlueBell, I think you are missing the point, mate.

You cannot narrow the FM users just down to the forums. There is a vast majority that play the game who do not come to the forums and so what happens to their opinion and votes? Do they not get included? Do they not count? The game is only played by those who are on the forums? Of course not.

Again, put yourself in a position of someone who doesn't play in the more well-known leagues. Also, refer to the point I made about the impact it would have on the game and its variety, as well as future potential sales. Something you should keep in mind.

I think you also need to put yourself in the spot of the developers and see what a process it is to make such a product. When you are in the business of such an industry (selling a product), you want to reach out to the most individuals, the biggest audience possible, because every sale counts, whether its in the UK or in South America, and that reason is non other than revenue.

Think of it like this even. If your home nation's league wasn't included, don't you think you'd like to see it in the game at some point so you could manage in it? On top of that, please do not accuse others of not knowing something as I've clearly said before, some of us do. Someone like myself with high interests in football more than just the average fan doesn't narrow down the sport to just two or three nations. I also don't think that everyone who posted with their league suggestions in this thread would appreciate being accused of not knowing anything, or contributing "pointless" posts.

As far as the volunteering goes, who said that we need to volunteer to research the leagues or just to even make a suggestion? We are fans of the game who want nothing more but for it to improve and expand on it's variety of leagues and would do so as long as we are capable of doing as such. I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work that is done by the researchers. As far as I can remember, I pay to play the game just like you and everybody else. Thought out suggestions and positive criticism improve the game's potential, however accusations of things do not.

Again, refer to the points I made in my previous post and you will see that what I'm stating is not an opinion, but rather reality if you think about it. You have not responded to my other points as well but rather just stretch the idea of polls and how it proves that this thread is pointless, which is simply not the case.

A variety in something new would never hurt the game, even if it's something you wouldn't use since you already have a fairly in-depth league pyramid for your home nation. Think of it as sharing the wealth, eh?

It's prob already been mentioned, but it'd be great if we could somehow see the return of the Japanese leagues! I know it's something like a licensing issue, but one day.....

Also, I've always thought of the Highland League being added!! I know you can't get promoted from it, but if you do well there, surely you could get a job in the Scottish 3rd division? Love to be able to go Clachnacuddin!

I mentioned earlier that I've started a petition to SI to make the Macedonian league playable and also I've created group on facebook. They are growing rapidly every day, what shows that Manager is very popular game in Macedonia.

But, if someone form SI reads this, I would like to ask: what Si needs to have from a country to make a league playable, what kind of information, about the player, stadiums, clubs etc? How are those things work?

Also I think that the license for the Macedonian league shouldn't be very expensive, so what can we, who are addictive from Manager, or what should we do, to help SI and make this happen!

I mentioned earlier that I've started a petition to SI to make the Macedonian league playable and also I've created group on facebook. They are growing rapidly every day, what shows that Manager is very popular game in Macedonia.

But, if someone form SI reads this, I would like to ask: what Si needs to have from a country to make a league playable, what kind of information, about the player, stadiums, clubs etc? How are those things work?

Also I think that the license for the Macedonian league shouldn't be very expensive, so what can we, who are addictive from Manager, or what should we do, to help SI and make this happen!

My recommendation would be: gather up a whole bunch of people willing to be researchers for the Macedonian league: at least one for every club of the levels you want simulated in the game. If they're regularly putting in data of the quality SI are looking for, you've got much more chance of the league's being added.

My recommendation would be: gather up a whole bunch of people willing to be researchers for the Macedonian league: at least one for every club of the levels you want simulated in the game. If they're regularly putting in data of the quality SI are looking for, you've got much more chance of the league's being added.

I have contacts here in Macedonia, people that are ready to do the research, and already have data for every team that we want to be simulated in the game. I think that at least the first league should be playable. If SI Games want to add the Macedonian league, please let me know when can I start with the research and what do they need to know about the teams!:thup:

My suggestion has to be UAE. They got the money, just imagine who you could buy. Also not sure, is there a league in the carribean. They would be fun to play with

It is a bit stupid from a footballing perspective (although not marketing clearly) to have malaysia, singapore, hong kong etc represented when lets be honest, they're pathetic.

I don't think so. You don't have to have those leagues selected. And the leagues from Iceland, Finland, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland to name a few aren't that great either.

the iriah league is by far better than the malaysian , singaporean and honk kongean leagues

that was a ridiculous comparision

I think people need to be more reasonable with their suggestions. The Iranian or Antiguan and Barbudan leagues are not really high profile enough for FM are they? As for San Marino?

The best suggestion, I feel, is Macedonia. If the research is half as good as kkiroski keeps suggesting then it could be the next addition. I don't think it will make it into FM any quicker than a further level of English football though.

I am sure that SI take pride in the level of detail they feature in FM. For that reason any league additions need to be researched to a very, very high level.

What I believe would be better than more league additions is for SI to add the ability for FM to be fully 'mod'able. That way they could give any player the chance to add any league they choose to, as well as any competition. Currently it is only possible to swap leagues.

That way it would down to the user to be able to add the Iranian, Barbudan or even Bhutanese leagues should they wish to.

Thanks for your support anagain! :thup:

You're right about adding the Macedonian league. But, as I said earlier, I don't have any feedback from SI Games about want they need to make some league playable. Over the past few days, since I've started my initiative, I've got feedback from couple of thousand people and it's getting more more popular every day. Here in Macedonia, people really love FM, and I think that we should be allowed to play with our favorite teams finally.

And yet again, I would like to ask somebody who knows to tell me, what SI needs. The guys from the forum for Macedonian football have started a forum for Football Manager, we've started with gathering information about teams, stadiums, players, history etc. It's not a problem because the Macedonian first football league have 12 teams and because we gained our independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, there are only 17 years played, so, it's not a problem to gather any information about our teams.

I would love to see the Macedonian and Seria D leagues.

I would love to make a Champions League team with some Macedonian club and i would love to start LLM career with some verry bad club from Italy.;)

Bolivia

Costa Rica

Ecuador

Egypt

Paraguay

Qatar

UAE

USL (USA)

Venezuela

And Japan, if they sort out the licensing issues.

Macedonian league!!! Im bored of playing with leagues Ive never seen in live, I wanna play the league Im watchin in the stadiums in my city every week.

last few years there were patches for the Macedonian league and Ive played them. but the patch for 2009 is awful so Im not gonna even buy the game coz I dont wanna play Bundesliga, Serie A, Primera or EPL. :thdn:

its not so difficult to make a legaue that has only 12 teams! ;)

the lowest leagues in england so i can bring garforth town to the top!!!!!!!

also the antartican league so i can bring penguin utd to the top and stuff our rivals polar bear city

the lowest leagues in england so i can bring garforth town to the top!!!!!!!

also the antartican league so i can bring penguin utd to the top and stuff our rivals polar bear city

Everyone knows Polar Bear City play in the Greenlandic league. I think it's got something to do with polar bears being northern hemisphere naturalised. You know Antarctica being southern hemisphere and all.

Everyone knows Polar Bear City play in the Greenlandic league. I think it's got something to do with polar bears being northern hemisphere naturalised. You know Antarctica being southern hemisphere and all.

ok then the arctic league :p

Thanks for your support anagain! :thup:

You're right about adding the Macedonian league. But, as I said earlier, I don't have any feedback from SI Games about want they need to make some league playable. Over the past few days, since I've started my initiative, I've got feedback from couple of thousand people and it's getting more more popular every day. Here in Macedonia, people really love FM, and I think that we should be allowed to play with our favorite teams finally.

And yet again, I would like to ask somebody who knows to tell me, what SI needs. The guys from the forum for Macedonian football have started a forum for Football Manager, we've started with gathering information about teams, stadiums, players, history etc. It's not a problem because the Macedonian first football league have 12 teams and because we gained our independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, there are only 17 years played, so, it's not a problem to gather any information about our teams.

Well I'm not solely in support of any particular nation. I just believe that any well researched and interesting nation would be a bonus to FM.

I'd even go so far as to accept suggestions such as Caribbean or other remote leagues if the research could be fully trusted.

You're not going to hear anything from SI about the inclusion, or non-inclusion, of Macedonia either. I'm pretty sure they have their own contacts and if they decide to add Macedonia then they'll use their sources. Constant posts and petitions won't make it any more likely.

SI may have a number of leagues in the works, but I do believe they have said there likely will not be any additions to the league quota for a few years. Can't recall when they said that. Of course, if Champ Man go ahead and include more English leagues then SI will feel they have to follow suit.

Whether Champ Man will be including Macedonia, or any other leagues, any time soon is anybodys guess. I don't actually know what they have now.

Japan, Cuba & Somalian leagues for next game, thank you

The rights for the Japanese leagues are very guarded and almost totally inaccessible to any non-Japanese game maker, so I don't think you'll see them any time soon.

I think it's Konami that own the rights and they don't want to share or give them away.

I think you'll be waiting a long time for Somalia. Even their real life league is stop-start. :eek:

Pakistani Football Federation would make things interesting in FM10!

And also:

Saudi Arabian leagues,

A 'Sunday league' type of an option in the UK, perhaps this culd be a different scenarion altogether (just a suggestion)

The thinking shuuld be that any nation who is in the top FIFA 30 or 50 should be considered...

I think there is a good level of nations represented its more downs these leagues there should be more.

-Higland League in Scotland

-Lower Tiers in England would great, just think of having 8 or 9 leagues to work through in England

-Serie D in Italy would be good

- As would whatever is below the lowest playable spanish league

:thup:

Been playing FM since it came out but never had chance to Manage Albanian tem( My country of origin) so i hope FM can do something about this.

Albanian

Please can you include the Canadian Championship in the next edition of FM.

The professional clubs who play in it are Toronto FC, Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

Each team plays each other 2 times at home and 2 times away.

The season begins on 6 May untill 17 June.

The team who wins the Championship qualifies for the CONCACAF Champions League

Konami have the rights to the J-League, so FM are unlikely to get it soon.

For me, I'd like to see all of the European leagues up. Sometimes I give myself a challenge and so for a small national team like Andorra, but it is quite unhelpful when you can't monitor how some of your players are progressing because they are not playing any matches.

Also be great to expand on the English leagues as well, which then could see the introduction of the FA Vase in the game, and further qualifying rounds of the FA Cup.

Has been said many times but lower level English Leagues would be very popular - the LLM fascination should have hinted strongly at this but SI have said before that they do not plan to drop to managment at too low a level. Shame though.

The FIFI World Cup would be a good idea, or at the very least have Gibraltar as a nation in the game. I am not worried about the league being playable, I would just love to actually manage Gibraltar, and one day stuff Spain for all the sh*t they did to stop us getting into UEFA :(

I understand research into players would be hard, although all (or a very high proportion) are c*ap, and wouldn't make it probably to BSN/S, perhaps the leagues below for some as backup's. But a list of the teams in the two leagues (and reserve league) would be easy to obtain. One thing would be that we don't do U15 teams as when most players get to 16, they usually play for reserve or first teams, so for U15 teams, they would be limited in players coming as regens, all would have to be 15, or ones that are 16 go to the reserves, but they do have a non-promotable/relegated league, with only some teams featuring in it, not all of them. Obviously I know it would never really happen that it would become playable, neither do I really hope or ask it to, because it would probably suck. One other thing would be that there is no money involved in the leagues, and players don't get paid wages (amateur), and fans can watch matches for free.

Other than that, probably the second tier in Wales, the Tercera division in Spain (due to it's difficulty level to get promoted)

Id love to see the Italian Serie D there is numerous leagues and various big teams there what are struggling like Messina,Spezia,Lucchese and Brindisi

If someone from Si games is reading this, I want to ask are they planing to make Macedonian League playable in the 2010 edition. I think that it's finally time SI to make that, because the game is very popular in Macedonia. Also, only Macedonian league is not playable from the Balkan leagues.

I didn't know where to put this thread, so, if this is not a place for that tell me!

I don't know where to ask. I send them mails constantly, but they never wrote me back to tell me. :(

awwwwww :-(

Now FM09 has strong leagues all over the world. But we, consumers, are not all the same. Some of us like "banana" leagues, too. So what about adding leagues like Ethiopia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Palestine, Madagascar, or Georgia, Nepal and East Timor to the game? :) PLS!

English tier 7/8

Tier 7: Northern Premier League Premier Division (UniBond League Premier Division)22 clubs

Southern Football League Premier Division(British Gas Business Football League Premier Division)22 clubs

Isthmian League Premier Division(Ryman Football League Premier Division)22 clubs

Tier 8: Northern Premier League Division One North(UniBond League Division One North)21 clubs

Northern Premier League Division One South(UniBond League Division One South)20 clubs

Southern Football League Division One Midlands(British Gas Business Football League Division One Midlands)22 clubs

Southern Football League Division One South & West(British Gas Business Football League Division One South & West)22 clubs

Isthmian League Division One North(Ryman Football League Division One North)22 clubs

Isthmian League Division One South(Ryman Football League Division One South)22 clubs

Can we please have more Scottish leagues. We have the Blue Square so why not the Highland League and Central district league in Scotland.