What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Scottish league is always my favourite to manage in. Admittedly I'd like to jettison Celtic into outer space, but we have to live with these minor irritations.

Thank god (or possibly SI :D) for edt files. If you use one of these and get rid of the old firm then the SPL becomes very competitive I think.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank god (or possibly SI :D) for edt files. If you use one of these and get rid of the old firm then the SPL becomes very competitive I think.

In my game, the old firm have went into freefall in recent years and Hearts have become the main force in Scotland. Rangers flirted with relegation between 2015 and 2018, but seem to have got their act together and it's now Celtic who are sat in 10th place :D Gotta love that.

well please i want to play cyprus league in NEW FOOTBALL MANAGER 09 Cypriot teams are doing very good in last 4-5 years this year we have qualified for Champions League Anorthosis Famagusta went to Champions League this year and Apoel Nicosia also Omonoia knocked out AEK Athens and Red Star Belgrade while Cyprus league is better than and have more points than many other leagues in Europe i dont know whats the reason to not see Cypriot League in Football Manager 09 i am waiting for Cyprus League for long years now Football Manager without Cyprus League makes me kind of "SAD" because i cant play with my team i support well i think that we deserve to see Cyprus League in Football Manager after what Cyprus teams have achieved in Europe :)

Gotta say it makes me more than pleased to see so many people on this thread asking for the next tier of welsh football.

We have been asking for the Cymru Alliance and Welsh League one for years.

However, from 2010 the Premier League will also split into 2 tiers, so as it stands....

Worst case scenario - 1 tier no change

Probable Scenarion - 1 tier changing to 2 tiers in 2010

Best Case - 2 tiers from start (inc. CA and WL1), extending to 3 tiers in 2010

I'm glad to see so much people asking for the Bosnian league... :)

The Bosnian research team has been doing a lot of work recently and our database has been growing each year.We are going to work even harder to bring the quality of Bosnian research even higher so every feedback/info is welcome...

Until then,check out the guys at www.fmbosnia.com where you can try a fan-made Bosnian league.Those guys over there really did their job nicely... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Gotta say it makes me more than pleased to see so many people on this thread asking for the next tier of welsh football.

We have been asking for the Cymru Alliance and Welsh League one for years.

However' date=' from 2010 the Premier League will also split into 2 tiers, so as it stands....

Worst case scenario - 1 tier no change

Probable Scenarion - 1 tier changing to 2 tiers in 2010

Best Case - 2 tiers from start (inc. CA and WL1), extending to 3 tiers in 2010[/quote']

Another vote here for an additional tier to the Welsh League Set up.

Also San Marino's domestic set-up too, it would make the San Marino Challenge a little more accurate, especially player development with players who aren't playing in Italy.

• SI Staff
Also San Marino's domestic set-up too, it would make the San Marino Challenge a little more accurate, especially player development with players who aren't playing in Italy.

I've actually looked into the San Marino league structure and it seems like it's a bit complicated.

15 teams split into two sections of 8 and 7. They play teams in their section twice and teams in the other section once.

Then the top 3 in each section go into a play-off system to determine the winner.

All the matches are played at various stadiums in the country over two match days each week.

Would be great though! :D

I am too looking forward for Peruvian conference

Indeed! Copa Peru would be really fun to manage! I've become very close to it, because I'm currently living/studying in Piura (Peruvian city from the region of Piura) and I get to see every game from the local team C.A. Grau, very exited because the national phase is about to begin.

Anyway it's a complex league; it has a local phase, a regional phase and a national phase (except Lima and Callao); and also a phase only for Lima and Callao.

Hope to see it on a future version.

• 3 weeks later...

All country's around us.. have their league in FM ... Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, and we dont. We also have few good teams like them... its unfair..

I just dont understand. .. WHY?

We have 16 clubs... almost every second year we have 1 club in 3rd qualifying phase of Champions League.

We just dont recive enough attention.

Can we have answer please, we dont wanna make our OWN league every new FM, we want offical one...

Our clubs are not BAD... we have FK Sarajevo... we have beaten Genk away 2-1

, Zeljeznicar Sarajevo lost 4-1 Newcastle,

FK Sarajevo beaten Man Utd 1967 ->

fmbosnia.com

A Cyprus and a belarus team is in the Champions League group stage and still there is no Cyprus or Belarus league in the game. I agree that it would be great to have some new leagues added, but I don't think that the Bosnian is the number one in demands.

Theres a long list of leagues people want added but they'll never be added if people don't keep asking, so good luck with that.

If you attend enough games and follow it closely maybe you could offer to be the Bosnian league researcher to ensure the league is added at some point in time.

Well Belarus is in the game but I totally agree that the rest of European leagues should be added, Cyprus and Bosnia probably being the highest quality ones still missing. It can't be that hard to get data on players in these leagues as they're fully professional at least at the highest level. Its not like we're asking for the Burkina Faso 3rd league.

I think if their was to be more leagues to be added, it would becool to have something from the middle east maybe or some more african leagues.

There are no Oceana Leagues anymore. Australia was the only one a couple of years ago but they've since left for Asia.

This is why SI should push the boat our and implement a system, like the editor, that allowed users to create our own leagues. FM has a big enough fan base that we would see just about every other league being made. And it would save on licensing as well.

Before adding more Euro leagues (there are 30 or so of them in the game already), they should add more African and Asian leagues.

And also Paraguay and Ecuador as their teams are good enough to win Copa Libertadores (Olimpia won it in 2002 and LDU de Quito won it in 2008) and Paraguay and Ecuador have played most of the recent WCs. Costa Rica should also be added.

I also agree for Bosnia and Cyprus leauge.

I mean theire leauge is much better then some leagues that are actualy in the game. I don't live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, I'm from Croatia, but there are couple of forums here where all of us Ex-Yugoslavia Managers gather and I can say that loads of them are from Bosnia and Herzegovina...

Please, consider this...

Btw, what are the criteria on which you base what league will be in the game?

Every second young man is playing football manager in Macedonia, but there is not a Macedonian league. Its a shame. FM is the most popular game in Macedonia

Well if you talking about Greek League is already in game..

Or you talking about Vardarcka, Skopje?

Isn't this mainly a problem with scouting? SI can't add any new leagues at the moment because they don't have enough data from these countries?

If ZIRA - NK Jedinstvo Bihac and other Bosnian people would start to scout and give SI full data for two highest divisions in Bosnia SI may be able to include the league in FM10. And full data it's as good and deep as for the data for the English Premier League. Of course, I don't really know but how I have understood the whole matter it's all about that SI doesn't have enough people that clearly say they'll be able provide good and correct data for any new leagues. And they also need all that data for the division under the lowest playable.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

i think it's a combination of scouting and interest. I have no problem with more European leagues added, but after Asia and the Middle East. I love the Asian Champions League and African Nations but don't think they are fairly reflected in the game simply due to the small number of clubs you can actually use.

I think the following need to be added in this order:

1) Egypt

2) Saudi Arabia

3) Qatar

4) Nigeria

5) Ivory Coast

6) Paraquay

7) UAE

8) New Zealand

9) Iran

10) Equador

11) Cyprus

12) Vietnam

As you can see, I place more European leagues quite low on my list of must have leagues!

(Yes, I know Japan isn't on there, FM have told us it's not going to happen so, sadly, we have to deal with that)

Si should add an editor so users can create their own leagues. IMO its something they should consider for FM10.

I dont think they are going to add many more leagues to the game because of the lack of researchers or lack of sales in the target country not to mention the increased complexity of the game.

Si should add an editor so users can create their own leagues. IMO its something they should consider for FM10.

I dont think they are going to add many more leagues to the game because of the lack of researchers or lack of sales in the target country not to mention the increased complexity of the game.

I've (and a lot of us) asked for this before.

SI have issues with the game crashing a lot if it's us creating the leagues.

But i think that it would be possible if somehow they could code the league structure in a different way that it would make each part/rule "separate items" that we could then bundle togheter to make your custom structure.

Then maybe we could have an editor were you would pick.

League: 3 levels

16 teams per level

3 teams go up and 3 go down.

7 subs

5 fgn players per squad

1 game ban on 5 yellow cards

etc.

We are probably asking for too much right now...but someday in the future hopefully SI will give this to us. :)

We are probably asking for too much right now...but someday in the future hopefully SI will give this to us. :)

tbh i seriously doubt SI will ever give you this

a league editor would give the game too much "longterm" attractiveness to a player, SI's business model is based around releasing a patch/dataupdate every 12 months and charging you lots of money for it.

SI will get around to adding new league structures eventually, but they need to resolve the various national FA's licensing issues first, along with reliable AND accurate data for those nations.

a league editor would give the game too much "longterm" attractiveness to a player, SI's business model is based around releasing a patch/dataupdate every 12 months and charging you lots of money for it.

I understand were you are coming from but in my opinion this wouldn't be the case.

(i obviously don't agree with the patch coment as IMO there are a lot of improvements to the game each year)

League structure doesn't change too much over the years, in fact if there's a major change it's about once every 10 years.

What does change is that the players move and that can be easily edited already, and still it doesn't afect the sales.

Hopefully a league structure editor/creator will come soon to the FM franchise (that or all the playable leagues in the world ;), although i would still want to be able to create a superleague :))

Archived