What leagues would you like to see added in the future

wow..i live in Canada and never knew there was a fooball league here, all i know is that Toronto FC plays in the MLS icon_razz.gif

I want to see the Saudi League since Saudi Arabia is a country thats been qualifying constantly to the world cup (since 1990) and im curious to know how their league is..

There isn't a national league

yes the CSL exists but I wouldn't call it national considering there are only teams in Ontario and Quebec, I would call this a regional league. Vancouver and Montreal have teams int USL which is the 2nd division of football in Canada and USA football.

The quality is not very good in the CSL, Toronto FC's under 18 team has only been around for two years and fairs ok in the league despite the fact that they are competing with men. Also the league is not very popular, I live in St. Catherines were one of the teams compete and I can remember a couple instances were I have ever heard of anyone discussing the team.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There isn't a national league

yes the CSL exists but I wouldn't call it national considering there are only teams in Ontario and Quebec, I would call this a regional league. Vancouver and Montreal have teams int USL which is the 2nd division of football in Canada and USA football.

The quality is not very good in the CSL, Toronto FC's under 18 team has only been around for two years and fairs ok in the league despite the fact that they are competing with men. Also the league is not very popular, I live in St. Catherines were one of the teams compete and I can remember a couple instances were I have ever heard of anyone discussing the team.

I know the CSL is a terrible league but wouldn't mind managing there!:D

And how about the Premier Developmental League (PDL)? The long and forgotten Toronto Lynx play there.:)

Here's an idea. Rather than squeezing most of the data stuff hardcoded into the game, how about a re-vamp and a proper editing tool that allows players to add, change and fiddle around with leagues on their own? Sure, might take a away a selling point or some. But would also make for another too. ;)

I know the CSL is a terrible league but wouldn't mind managing there!:D

And how about the Premier Developmental League (PDL)? The long and forgotten Toronto Lynx play there.:)

seriously why would SI put a lower level league in that doesn't have a promotion/demotion option. It's like them putting in Sunday league teams from England (probably better then PDL)

I wouldn't even mind if real players would be mixed with fictional ones in those obscure leagues and country's. The most important thing is that the clubs and league structure are correct. Once the league is added there will be enough volunteers I guess. Maybe Fm is going to surprise us afterall. :( I can't wait for Fm 09 anymore just two days have passed.

Favorites:

Thailand!!!

Qatar!!!!

All european countries (lituania, albanie, montenegro, Cyprus, luxemburg, andorra, san marino, Liechtenstein, macedonia, georgia, kazachstan, Moldavia, Bosnia, faroes, )

African nations

Morocco

Egypt

Nigeria

Ivory Coast

Ghana

Togo

Angola

cameroon

Algeria

Asia:

Saudi Arabia

Oceanie

New Sealand

I think the Egyptian league should be found Egypt won the Africa Nations Championship for two Egypt 2006and Ghana 2008

such as Al-Ahli team arrived for African Champions League final last 3 times and got the Cup twice and reached the center in the third world championship for clubs, I believe that the League must be found in fm09

There's 51 leagues in the game at present, so unless some have been scrapped and replaced with new ones, then there are no new leagues.

There are 51 countries with playable leagues in the game at present. So if they added more divisions to countries that already had playable leagues then this would still be 51.

Well, I am a Serb (who supports Sunderland and lives in America...I'm well-traveled!) so I would like to see at least the top BiH league and the top Montenegro league. Lithuania also has some decent football, I guess, one of their teams beat Rangers? I'd love to play in an Arab league, though. I don't know anything about them so I wouldn't be able to really differentiate between UAE, Qatar and Saudi, but any one of the three would be fun. For Christmas, I want...

when bidding for a player it would nice to be able to offer two of your players for one of theres instead of hoping they bid for one of ur players and then using the player exhange that way, deals of two players may make teams wanna sell there one. oh and we need away attendances!!!

when bidding for a player it would nice to be able to offer two of your players for one of theres instead of hoping they bid for one of ur players and then using the player exhange that way, deals of two players may make teams wanna sell there one. oh and we need away attendances!!!

I think you have got the wrong thread. :)

In a perfect world I'd love all of them - however it requires a hell of a lot of work to keep updating leagues let alone adding them.

Right now I'm more than content, and I'd be surprised if more than 50% of users play in anything aside from major European leagues or their home nation, let alone (no offence intended) more obscure footballing nations such as Peru.

However, for the sake of my imagination, the Egyptian & USL leagues.

I think that leagues should ony be added to an existing system if there continues to be a promotion/relegation system all the way from the bottom playable league to the top. This means no more leagues from at least the US, Scotland and Australia.

I also think that the top divisions from any country with a club that has won their continental club competition should be playable, this means I think the following leagues should be added (listed in order from most recent continental win):

New Zealand Football Championship (there really should be at least one league from OFC in the game, this is the obvious one to add)

Campeonato Ecuatoriano de Fútbol Primera A (Ecuador)

J-League (I am aware this isn't currently possible)

Tunisian Ligue Professionnelle 1

Egyptian Premier League

Primera División de Costa Rica

Nigerian Premier League

UAE League

Primera División de Paraguay

Ghana Premier League

Botola (Morocco)

Côte d'Ivoire Premier Division

Thailand Premier League

Iran Pro League

Algerian Championnat National

Qatari League

Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Honduras

T&T Pro League (Trinidad & Tobago)

Ligue Haïtienne (Haiti)

Surinamese League

Cameroun Première Division

Primera División de Fútbol Profesional (El Salvador)

Liga Nacional de Guatemala

Guinée Championnat National (Guinea)

Congo Premier League

Linafoot (DR Congo)

I personally wouldn't mind if any new leagues added weren't fully researched, the teams and rules are all that's important to me, and that wouldn't take too much time at all to research.

Cyprus has done great in Uefa and Champions League so far our team Anorthosis Famagusta is in Champions League we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in new Football Manager 09 i think that it is much better than many leagues in Football Manager we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in Football Manager 09 without my League there i feel like playing a dead league :(

Cyprus has done great in Uefa and Champions League so far our team Anorthosis Famagusta is in Champions League we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in new Football Manager 09 i think that it is much better than many leagues in Football Manager we are expecting you to put Cyprus League in Football Manager 09 without my League there i feel like playing a dead league :(

Consider contacting the Cypriot researcher or asking how the research is going on the Researchers forum.

It's all a matter of having all the data + acquiring the licenses. Part 1 is done by "us", part 2 is up to SI.

I sincerely don't know if there are any new leagues this season - has anyone got any news about this?

One team doing well in the Champions League doesn't mean the league is good, but I take your point that it probably is of as good a standard as many leagues. SI seem to have drawn a line under adding new leagues for the last few versions though. I want the Faroese league, but I'm not holding my breath waiting!

Archived