What leagues would you like to see added in the future

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Malta, Cyprus, Venezuela, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and of course Japan if another brand wouldn't have the exclusive license for J-league icon_frown.gif

I think there are already enough English leagues in the game so it would be nicer to see leagues from new countries instead..

Originally posted by munich 1860:

Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Malta, Cyprus, Venezuela, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and of course Japan if another brand wouldn't have the exclusive license for J-league icon_frown.gif

I think there are already enough English leagues in the game so it would be nicer to see leagues from new countries instead..

I think you've hit the nail on the head there mate. Those leagues would definately give a better balance to the FM 'World', where we're certainly lacking in Africa and the strong Asian leagues.

I think Europe is more than well represented with it's various leagues across the continent and the leagues you mention are exactly what I think should be added.

..and the leagues you mention are exactly what I think should be added

Thank you Colorado (maybe SI will call me now to work for their marketing side icon_cool.gif)

But I think there should be also the 2nd division for the leagues that have only a division in the game. You only can choose a couple of team anf if you get relegated you just have to resign.. and if you are sacked you don't have a great change to get another team (See Australia or India)

I think we need the ability to makes leagues in the editor for certain countries i may be wrong but if teams from un playable leagues qualify for the Champions League qualifiers then why can't there be a create function in the editor to make league for these countries?

I would like to see more African league and more South American, Japan aswell as more lower league teams in Spain and Italy.

Originally posted by suited2007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps the English Lower levels but they could be view only as well as the highland League

I really like the sound of that. icon14.gif

I'm not much of a managing abroad person, so that would be perfect. I wouldn't mind if there would be no research done aswell, just to be able to see how the league is shaping up would be nice, even if it was all greys playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why rolleyes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I missed the 's' of greys at the end of the sentence. icon_biggrin.gif

ng a FM game with every nation playable, entire league structures all the way down to the amateurs in every nation, and their computers will be s

You know the major problems with these new leagues being implemented will be research. If you think you can help why not email SI and find out if you can help in any way! I'd like to see more in Africa, Europe, Asia, South America and the Middle East. Thing is I know nothing about these places! icon_redface.gif

I am *sure* if SI could get the researchers for some of these leagues they could be implemented? An example of this would be non league in England. They need researchers all across the lower pyramid and there is a person to contact who are interested in helping with the research.

I would suggest those wanting a league such as Boznia and who have good knowledge of the league post in the Data forum to see if SI are interested. Just an idea guys! icon_smile.gif

To an extent I would agree that having NCAA teams (outside of the ones that compete in professional leagues BYU does i think for instance) but the fact that the license would probably be very expensive and you couldn't even use the real names of players on the teams (because they are amateurs), I feel like it would feel like it was lacking depth (Though i would like to take over a university team several years in the future when it's full of regens). Also i imagine it would be difficult to implement an entirely new league structure where you have to lose certain people every year to the MLS superdraft. still i'd like to see it.

I like the NCAA idea. Personally I'd like to see at least one more level of English leagues (I know the research would be difficult...)

More levels of leagues for big football countries, ie Brazil, Germany, etc.

Originally posted by Oncho Shaldzhiyan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMLF:

- American USL 1st Division

- Bolivia

- Bosnia

- Costa Rica

- Ecuador

- Egypt

- Malta

- Morocco

- Paraguay

- Venezuela

the same list as me icon_smile.gif only armenia i will add on it icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the Armenian League added too. icon_smile.gif

i'd love to see some more leagues in Africa (Egypt, Morocco, Ivory Coast etc) like said above, plus the Iran, Iraq, Saudi, UAE, Qatari, and various other middle eastern leagues. The J-League is a given, we'd all love that one back in. Plus i wouldn't mind the NZ league in the game, i'm tired of their national team being far too easy to beat with the Aussie team, in real life we can only thrash them 4-nil, not 12-nil like you can do by 2015. Wales deserves a 2nd division, also, I think some more smaller european nations would be good.

I think that would do us for at least 09!

• 2 weeks later...

As said by me a number of times, the only one I really want is the U.A.E League. Hell, with Cocu and B. Kalou going over, it's defo. getting bigger.

Me and the 'bro made a crude re-make with the Editor over the Malaysian League. (On 07). I don't think i've ever enjoyed a league more.

Go on Al-Nasr! We love you. icon14.gif

And why we need more english leagues. we have more than enough tiers in england.. there are quality leagues missing in the list, so... first of all i´m agree that mission N1 must be to add the second league of these countries, in which we can play only the first division. and after that some quality leagues.. the south american 4 missing leagues are the most quality missing leagues for sureicon_smile.gif

Let's see....

If I'm being optimistic, I'd like all the European and South American leagues in. The two biggest continents on footballing terms would be great if fully represented.

Idealism aside, however, I'd swing for the following:

A number of lesser leagues including Cyprus, Malta and the Faroe Islands, to provide a fun counterpoint to the major leagues.

English expansion down a further two levels. One would be good, but two would be excellent and the two new levels together would introduce some fun concepts to play with, particularly with the general lack of contracted players and need for local talent.

Africa's biggest and best leagues. Having only one African nation in the game makes it less interesting as a proposition. Expanding it to include Egypt, Ghana, Libya, Tunisia etc is an important step.

Asia's quite good at the moment in the Far East and South East regions, but the middle east is virtually unrepresented. If we're to look at the top 14 nations according to the AFC, the East region in FM has Australia, China, Indonesia and South Korea (four of the seven, with Japan only absent due to licensing and one I'd love to see return) whilst the Central & West section ha only one - Saudi Arabia. Iran and Qatar would be good additions.

North America needs to see more depth in the US, even though it's not a true pyramid as most leagues have. The USL - both divisions - would be a lovely step and a nice place for anyone trying a US career to start, with the goal of landing an MLS job rather than getting one off the bat.

A few other leagues would be good to keep the competitive level of the continental competitions up - Costa Rica is a given, with Honduras, Trinidad & Tobago, Haiti and Jamaica good shouts.

That leaves us with Oceania. The New Zealand league would bring a bit of life to the now-dead confederation. Perhaps Fiji and Vanuatu would be next to consider.

Of course, all this is entirely subject to research, which is the main stumbling block when it comes to adding new leagues.

• SI Staff
Also, (and apologies if I dreamt this), but are Scotland introducing a relegaton from the 3rd Division

No, but the new SFA Chief Exec wants it (and so do I)

Anyways, I would like to see

Scottish Highland League

Italian Serie D

San Marino

Malta

Faroe Islands

A friend in Australia told me that the only team of note in New Zealand, play in the A-League (genius how they do it isn't it, take the first letter of your country's name and add it in front of league )

The NZ team in the A-League is sponsered by the Football Federation of Australia in an attempt to build the game over there. I'm actually against them playing in our comp and would love to see the money spent on building up thier own league (same for everyother damn comp for every other damn sport we've got they have to be in). NZ do actually have a league, teams like Team Wellington and Auckland City aren't that bad, they win the Oceanic Club Championship (not really an acomplishment though!).

With the naming the brain squad at the old FFA decided to just mimic all the other Asian nations in their naming schemes (Japan=J-League, Korea=K-League etc) I can't stand it personally. But the term Australian Football League is taken by another crappy sport played over here.

fwiw here's my view:-

English lower levels (Unibond, Ryman & BGB Southern all divisions)

Welsh Second Division (level below the Premier)

Scottish Highland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues

Add the rest of the missing European & South American Leagues (Paraguay, Bosnia & Faroes etc)

Nigeria

Cameroon

Egypt

Algeria

Ghana

Morocco

Saudi Arabia

Japan (If SI can get the license back!)

Thailand

UAE

New Zealand (As there are currently no leagues for Oceania)

I can fully understand that research may be difficult for some of the lower leagues but then most people sell those players on any way so maybe fill the lower league sides with regens and randomized players.

Guest MattJasina

I wouldn't mind seeing:

Polish Third Divison

Italian Youth League

but most of all:

The leagues that are already there just expanded

Archived