• Oceania & Australia.
    • Scandinavia.
    • Southern Europe.
    • South America.
    • UK & Ireland.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I consider Ireland to be Ireland not UK & Ireland but I voted that way anyway. It's a poll on a forum on the interweb. Lets get things into proportion....but split UK and Ireland up first ;)

Please DON'T start another 'Ireland/Britain' debate in here!!!

There was a thread in here quite recently about building an all British side to win the Premiership and Champions League and looking for suggestions for good young players to sign, reasonable enough request.

All was going well until a few posts in someone suggested signing an Irish player, think it may have been Dunne (Man City) or McGeady (Celtic) but doesn't really matter.

We were then treated to a potted history lesson from a few offended Irish who were 'outraged' that they were being mentioned in connection with the thread.

It got quite nasty and another decent thread had to be closed.

It's only a game!!!!!

Please DON'T start another 'Ireland/Britain' debate in here!!!

There was a thread in here quite recently about building an all British side to win the Premiership and Champions League and looking for suggestions for good young players to sign, reasonable enough request.

All was going well until a few posts in someone suggested signing an Irish player, think it may have been Dunne (Man City) or McGeady (Celtic) but doesn't really matter.

We were then treated to a potted history lesson from a few offended Irish who were 'outraged' that they were being mentioned in connection with the thread.

It got quite nasty and another decent thread had to be closed.

It's only a game!!!!!

your going to get that still in this day and age from a few IRA republican supporters.......nonsense

Lol more players from north america than central europe, at least so far.

Soccr is getting into them

As someone has pointed out above, this is an English language forum, and they do speak a version of English in N.America, Microsoft call it English (US) as opposed to English (UK).

I'm sure you would get very different results from say a Spanish language forum.

As someone has pointed out above, this is an English language forum, and they do speak a version of English in N.America, Microsoft call it English (US) as opposed to English (UK).

So does Football Manager. :)

I'm from America, or like we like to call it, Worldwide Soccer Manager land. (wow, I hate that name - but at least I'm helping them know there are Americans who love and buy the game!)

I reckon the people who frequent this place are:

- From relatively well-off countries, cos the probability of them having computers to play FM and having Internet access is higher, and

- Mostly English speaking countries, because this is an English-language forum.

Therefore most users would be from UK/Ireland, Scandanavia, USA, Australia/NZ, Singapore, with perhaps a sprinkling from Germany/Netherlands.

Also the countries where the game retail. I'm having to order it online and wait for 3 weeks for the game to arrive. :(

Archived