Sports Interactive Community
Hershie

Smallest stadium in the English Premier League?

So now you have a brand new stadium??? :D

But you are back in the Championship for the 1st season in the new stadium... unlucky :(

'Merked' the Championship and back up in the Premier League, where I belong ;)

Had a situation like that in Scotland. Falkirk* won the Division 1 Title but couldn't get promoted due to their stadium. Saved Aberdeen from relegation iirc.

*This may be BS. The whole thing actually :D

Not quite.

At the end of the 1999–2000 season, when the SPL was due to expand to 12 teams. The team that finished bottom of the SPL (Aberdeen) was due to compete in a three-way play-off against the teams that finished 2nd and 3rd in the First Division (Dunfermline and Falkirk respectively), with 2 of the 3 teams earning entry to the SPL for season 2000–01. Falkirk's Brockville ground did not meet the SPL requirements so they applied to groundshare at Murrayfield. This was rejected by the SPL, who in 2004 accepted an identical groundsharing bid at Murrayfield from Hearts (a team who were already SPL members). The play-off system was hence abandoned and Aberdeen and Dunfermline were allowed into the SPL for the following season.

sauce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_F.C.

I made it to the PL without a stadium at all...

(was groundsharing with Cheltenham from the start of the game and got a new stadium built after promotion, but that took a while to complete - we actually upgraded Cheltenham's stadium before that)

I`m playing Dorchester and in season 2017, I have achieved promotion to the prem. In the years leading upto this they have expanded the stadium twice, going from about 5000 too 7000 with about 700 seats, those being in the expansion. I have asked the board to expanded the stadium, but i`m told that the council won`t give planning permission. So at present i`m ground sharing with Portsmouth, while they fit 2500 new seats.

So your 'home' fans have to drive past Bournemouth and Southampton to go to a home game? Why isn't the Bournemouth stadium used instead?

Four years, 2 and a bit months. Is that a record for gravedigging?

I once got promoted to the premiership in FM 11 or 12 with a stadium with a standing capacity of around 5000, but with only 550 seats. My maximum capacity was therefore only at 550 for an entire season. It got quite hopeless.

irl about 12 years ago stevenage couldn't get promoted from the conference to league 2 due to some stadium irregularity if i remember correctly

i felt sorry for them they destroyed that league that year

Ha! We had finished bottom of the old 3rd division but stayed up that year because of that technicality!

I remember being promoted to the Premier League with Boston, and then the board closed our ground whilst they converted all terracing to seats... we groundshared at Spalding, down the road. As we could only use the seated capacity, we had attendances of 150 (yes, one hundred and fifty)!

I think this was on last year's game.

Four years, 2 and a bit months. Is that a record for gravedigging?

Most likely.