Football Manager Wiki

Will do Nep. Anything for the site would be good Nep - I don't want to come across as refusing any help but there's nothing in particular that needs to be done. If people could help with their favourite players or teams that aren't already on the site then that would be great.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough. If anyone wants to do player profiles for players who play in England atm that would be appreciated. To add them either PM them to me or sign up on FM wiki and i'll confirm your account if you need one.

JJay - I did say if necessary i'd keep it going by myself and I have.

PyramidHead - I would have thought that too but i'm not sure how it has been advertised in the different forums here. Any help is highly appreciated.

typenamehere - If you want an account on the wiki to make changes quicker that might be the better option. If you just look at the other profiles on the site for roughly what we want. I'll sort out Ledley to Cardiff now.

That obviously should be Ledley to Celtic rather than Cardiff.

Squads need updating but if they're not done by the end of the transfer window i'll do them myself.

With squad numbers for the new season out or out soon can you either let me know and i'll sort it on the wiki or sign up and edit your team(s) squad number changes please.

I'm back :O been quite busy recently, but I've got over a month of nothing now so, I'll get cracking.

Might knock up a bunch of player profiles tonight as I've gone through a lot of players in the last few days. I basically played FM for the last 4 days straight with the odd bit of real football mixed in.

Any progress on the player profiles Rob? I've also done what transfers i've seen over the last week or so and have upped the GTPG thread asking for permissions for team and player guides.

I think, quoting verbatim from the forum is perfectly fine if we were using it with the purpose to share and educate. And provided we include the name / nickname of the quoted individual giving them due credit.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update - all information for FM11 that has been released has been added and squads for Premiership and Championship clubs have been updated so if anyone can help with updating squads that would be appreciated.

Just an update - all information for FM11 that has been released has been added and squads for Premiership and Championship clubs have been updated so if anyone can help with updating squads that would be appreciated.

How. Sorry if Im being thick mate. Also i havent contributed to Fm Wiki because I dont understand the layout so would it be possible if we are allowed to create a thread where people can put players in and then you and whoever know how copy and paste them on to FM Wiki. Myabe put a thread in GPTG or in here if it was ok with the mods.

There is a permissions thread in GTPG which was used in the same way for last year's game so I suppose we could do the same with this year's thread. I'll link last year's player permissions thread here in a min once i've found it - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/136227-Can-you-help-to-improve-the-player-section-of-footballmanagerwiki.co.uk

There is a permissions thread in GTPG which was used in the same way for last year's game so I suppose we could do the same with this year's thread. I'll link last year's player permissions thread here in a min once i've found it - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/136227-Can-you-help-to-improve-the-player-section-of-footballmanagerwiki.co.uk

ok i get it now ignore the pm. can i just post all the players in there. is there a set way to set it out like there is when you want put a player in looking for or should i buy sell etc. if there ssestig then i think you should do what you did for me that time on how i laid out the way used ask then its simple for people to use. obviously you run it but it would help.

As many players as you want to mate as any helpful info is great. Just include as much of the info i've put in this year's thread which i'll give a disclaimer for your work [obviously if a player starts out at your current club you can't give an expected transfer fee etc.] and if you need/what any more help just let me know either here or via PM.

As many players as you want to mate as any helpful info is great. Just include as much of the info i've put in this year's thread which i'll give a disclaimer for your work [obviously if a player starts out at your current club you can't give an expected transfer fee etc.] and if you need/what any more help just let me know either here or via PM.

cool, thanks. if it clogs up your fm wiki membership thing you can delete my account andi will just put everything in the other thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry about that NF.

Also (the main reason i'm here) - I'm about to start to do pages on national teams like the clubs have. I've also done most of the squad updates for teams in England onto the clubs' main pages so if there is something that need changing let me know or sign up/log into your account and change it for yourselves.

Thank you.

No problems mate. You're the only one that is involved with the wiki who plays/knows anything about the MLS (or at least mentions it) so any help with that helps. Can you have a look at the Welsh national team and let me know what you think of it.

No problems mate. You're the only one that is involved with the wiki who plays/knows anything about the MLS (or at least mentions it) so any help with that helps. Can you have a look at the Welsh national team and let me know what you think of it.

It looks solid, even though it's a little out of date..last updated August 2009. :p

There aren't a lot of data about the CONCACAF and AFC nations, so I might have a look at those and write/update them, as well as the AFC affiliated leagues, although I will probably just write them after FM11 is released.

The MLS 2010 page lacks a lot of detail about the restrictions and I would want to write a more detailed one for FM11

It's been a little dead recently on that site and it wouldn't hurt to get some more help for the player profiles and leagues, like the people at GPTG, as well as the other forums.

Nobody seems to want to do any player profiles. Have had a few offers over the last few months but nothing has come as part of it so i'll PM those members and ask about any progress on them. I've not been on any other site about FM except FM Chat and the wiki site so I may sign up for a couple of them.

good job :)

I don't see the new "player's position on profile" thing : "MR, AMC" instead of AMRC for instance ?

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen these comments so i'll answer them now.

rancer - Search for it using the search box, then there should be 'create this page' link in red. Click that and away you go.

vinsinaty - If you click on the player's name and you go on the positions tab next to profile. You'll see what are natural position(s), accomplished positions etc. in there. That is also where you'll find the PPMs the player currently has.

Not too long to go now until FM11 so we'll update the FM11 information section as soon as we can after the information comes out. Also if [after the demo comes out] people want to write guides for teams for FM11 early they can do.

Still to update European squad pages so if any help can be offered i'll appreciate it.

Lee Camp

Lee Camp is a goalkeeper that currently plays for Nottingham Forest. He originally joined Forest on loan in the 2008-2009 season. This was then made permanent in the summer of 2009 for a fee in the region of £150k. Camp is a strong goalkeeper who can be the Forest number 1 for about 3 seasons if you get to the Premiership. Once you have been in the Premiership for a season or 2 you will have to start looking for new number 1 as Camp won't be good enough. If you stay in the Championship then he can be your number 1 for about 5 seasons. I have only played him as the default goalkeeper setting. In this position he seems to do well.

Chris Gunter

Chris Gunter is a Welsh international player who currently plays for Nottingham Forest. He made his move permanent to The City Ground for £1.75m in the summer of 2009 after a loan spell at Forest in the 2008-2009 season. He is a right back by trade but can play at left back. He plays good as the all round(what's it called on the game) right back role. If you get to the Premiership, Gunter can be your first choice right back for quite a few seasons.

Wes Morgan

Wes Morgan is a strong centre back who has been at Nottingham Forest all his life. He plays best as a default centre back. Although his coach reports state that he isn't the best he can do a great job. He was my best centre back in my Nottingham Forest save in my first season in which we got promoted. He can also do a job in the first season in the Premiership.

Kelvin Wilson

Kelvin Wilson is a central defender by trade but can also play at right back. He started off playing for Notts County before moving to Preston North End and then he joined Nottingham Forest. In the Nottingham Forest squad he is rated as the best central defender by your coaches and could probably still be 4th/5th choice going in to your 3rd season in the Premiership if you get there.

Archived