Football Manager Wiki

TBF, it's incredibly naive if you believe that. It's fairly easy to change IPs. He even posted the same URLs ;)
Can't one use a proxy method to get around this?

I meant I looked up the ips and they are from 2 different countries. I know you can easily change them though but it is still not guaranteed. Just because he posted the same links means nothing though as all he had to do was copy and paste from a previous version which anyone can and would do.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CaptainPlanet did his bit on the old one but hasn't been made an admin for the new site.

OK.

I remembered that he was one.

He has registered but has not been on much.

Does that mean that there is a 4th admin spot available ;)? :D

Oh yes, JJay, I completly forgot about him. Woops!

He has done a lot of work with the layout of the site etc. , so a lot of thanks must go to him.

I think that we need to set ourselves targets for when we should have stuff done by, and how many things should be done by when, to try and improve the site more, rather than just doing odd bits when there is nothing else to be done.

What do you guys think?

Oh yes, JJay, I completly forgot about him. Woops!

He has done a lot of work with the layout of the site etc. , so a lot of thanks must go to him.

I think that we need to set ourselves targets for when we should have stuff done by, and how many things should be done by when, to try and improve the site more, rather than just doing odd bits when there is nothing else to be done.

What do you guys think?

I like it :thup:

But how would we organise this properly?

It would be nice for the members of SI to show a little appreciation and post a few links as this project is doing very well at the moment and deserves some recognistion.

It has slowed down a lot recently. I don't think it would be fair for SI to take exception & advertise our site while there are so many other sites that never get mentioned.

Sure we can always use the fansites forum :thup:

It would be nice for the members of SI to show a little appreciation and post a few links as this project is doing very well at the moment and deserves some recognistion.

I agree and if we do lots more work on it, then I feel that it will be recognised and we can try and get it in next year's manual :D

A link on the forums would be nice as well.

It has slowed down a lot recently. I don't think it would be fair for SI to take exception & advertise our site while there are so many other sites that never get mentioned.

Ours isn't a fansite, it is more of an information resource and there isn't another up-to-date one like ours. Just think you and the other lads deserve a little mention.

Show me one that is as good as ours etc. :D

I like it :thup:

But how would we organise this properly?

We would draw up a calender like thing every month.

The main members could inform us of when they will have time to do stuff etc and then, will have targets and will have to have done so many articles by the end of the month.

Just a small idea which clearly needs revising but I feel that it will help the site a lot.

Johnyboy you are welcome to edit any articles you like if you feel you can improve them. You can also also create your own articles obviously. Just create an account on the site. :thup:

Yeah i have a account

how would i put my site in the affiliates section

I think that to be an affiliate then, you have to have added a significant number of articles as, it is like free advertising.

I reckon around 10 good quality articles would be a significant amount to make someone an affiliate.

I think that to be an affiliate then, you have to have added a significant number of articles as, it is like free advertising.

I reckon around 10 good quality articles would be a significant amount to make someone an affiliate.

To be honest, some members of the wiki have put a lot of work into Johny's site and it should be made an affiliate for their benefit.

I am sure you would agree Jod ;)

Can we discuss my above post about a schedule as, I think that it is quite important and the sooner we decide, the better ;)

I am not one for schedules as I like editing the wiki when I get a chance and I feel a schedule would just put pressure on. It does have a positive aspect of course as well and I do like things organised but not in this situation. That is just my opinion of course. :)

I will create an article in the discussions page for Affiliates about this and we can have a vote there.

I don't think that we should have it as an affiliate yet because it would be free advertising for him and he wants it there, and can have it there once, he contributes to our site.

I just checked and where did you get 4,000 views from.

I got:

There have been a total of 22,778 page views, and 1,586 page edits since FM Wiki was setup. That comes to 4.69 average edits per page, and 14.36 views per edit.

Archived