CaptainPlanet

Football Manager Wiki

3,389 posts in this topic

[quote name='CaptainPlanet'][url]www.whensthepatchout.com[/url][/QUOTE]

[url]www.fmkeepsfreezing.com[/url]

Could go on for years, but I like jods suggestion.

[quote name='arsenal_2111'][URL="http://www.fmkeepsfreezing.com"]www.fmkeepsfreezing.com[/URL]

Could go on for years, but I like jods suggestion.[/quote]

What was my suggestion? :confused:

Sorry, I meant Alan. My memory is awful, and it was at least a minute between seeing the footballmanagerwiki recommendation and my post:D

[quote name='arsenal_2111']Sorry, I meant Alan. My memory is awful, and it was at least a minute between seeing the footballmanagerwiki recommendation and my post:D[/quote]

That's twice I have been credited with something instead of Alan. :D

Who knows, maybe some people nominated jod mistaking him for me in the member of the quarter thread :D

Yeah be my guest - use that wiki package that I have uploaded there. Any problems let me know.

I'll sort you out a domain name too tomorrow if you like it after getting the feel for it :)

Not a problem - I know how difficult it is to get started up so its nice to see people working hard to get it moving forward (and some familiar names :)).

I'm just unbridging the mediawiki version uploaded there so that people can register shortly if you want to start up usernames too :)

Edit/Delete what you need to in that wiki - and if anybody needs anything else I'm always contactable here on PM.

Can sometime enlighten me on the current development of this wiki? I just came back from school. :D :D

Now to see JJay's involvement, I personally think he's a great teammate. :D

I also am slightly lost to what is happening now.

I have articles to post but where should I put them?

Put the links on the front page and in the right place. If/when we move, we will transfer all the files.

Peter - I've set up [url]http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page[/url] for you which is blank.

If you are happy with that then let me know and I'll sort out your admin account.

Has anybody got a domain yet or do you want me to sort that out for you too? Footballmanagerwiki.com was taken too (which I saw suggested earlier).

[quote name='JJay']Has anybody got a domain yet or do you want me to sort that out for you too? Footballmanagerwiki.com was taken too (which I saw suggested earlier).[/QUOTE]

Is it? When I search it it says it is not registered:confused:

[quote name='JJay']Peter - I've set up [url]http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page[/url] for you which is blank.

If you are happy with that then let me know and I'll sort out your admin account.

Has anybody got a domain yet or do you want me to sort that out for you too? Footballmanagerwiki.com was taken too (which I saw suggested earlier).[/QUOTE]
Thanks, will that be our domain then?

me too small Mac. If you wouldn't mind, could you set us up an admin account. If you did that could I then get my team of old admins back?

You'll be able to do whatever you need to do within the wiki (i.e. set admin/mods).

I'm just trying to speed the process up whilst I'm waiting on things to move some of your articles across there (the content is more important than layout right now) - it's not too painstaking either. I'll sort out the domain now.

[quote name='JJay']You'll be able to do whatever you need to do within the wiki (i.e. set admin/mods).

I'm just trying to speed the process up whilst I'm waiting on things to move some of your articles across there (the content is more important than layout right now) - it's not too painstaking either. I'll sort out the domain now.[/QUOTE]

Get that man a pint! You are a star mate :thup:

Remember, at the end of the day the plus side with the wiki is that it is created by the community and belongs to the community :) I don't claim any ownership over it at all :) Like I said earlier too, I pushed so bloody hard for a FML wiki and I appreciate how hard it is to get it rolling in the first place. It's great to see so many interested people for a FM wiki over the space of just a couple of days!

The domain has been sorted out and should be pointing towards the Wiki tomorrow for you :)

[quote name='peter-evo']:D Thanks mate, what time are we looking at?[/quote]

Hopefully way before I come back from school. :D

I'm on an early shift 0700 x 1600 tomorrow - but I'll try and ensure its done sometime during that if I can :) If not, when I get home a whole 5 minutes afterwards or similar hehe.

You can still edit the wiki as linked above ([url]http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/[/url]). Sign up an account now Peter and I'll set your privs :)

So is footballmanagerwiki.co.uk going to our domain name then?[quote name='JJay']I'm on an early shift 0700 x 1600 tomorrow - but I'll try and ensure its done sometime during that if I can :) If not, when I get home a whole 5 minutes afterwards or similar hehe.

You can still edit the wiki as linked above ([URL]http://www.fmliveonline.com/fmwiki/[/URL]). Sign up an account now Peter and I'll set your privs :)[/quote]Can I have my admin account back too JJay? :cool:

[quote name='rancer890']Hopefully way before I come back from school. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll have been to work, come back, sorted it out and be in bed way before you get back from school hahaha

[quote name='rancer890']Hopefully way before I come back from school. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ahmufcwafc']So is footballmanagerwiki.co.uk going to our domain name then?[/QUOTE]

Yes :)

+10

The domain already points now for quick access :)

And Peter - your rights have been set. For reference, to set others you can go to the Special Pages link on the bottom left and go to User Rights Management to set your Mods/Admin (sysops/bureaucrat)

[quote name='JJay']The domain already points now for quick access :)

And Peter - your rights have been set. For reference, to set others you can go to the Special Pages link on the bottom left and go to User Rights Management to set your Mods/Admin (sysops/bureaucrat)[/quote]
I thought the old admins would get their accounts back too :(

Peter can do that for them as I don't know who they are. Are you one? I can set that if you are.

Anything else before I head to bed tonight?

Edit: Found the list of them :) You are, and I'll set you up now :)

Great work people, especially JJay, looks like this project has alot of potential!

Cheers JJay :thup::D

I've transferred over a lot of the pages, the don't look the same though. Will try to improve the appearance of some now.

Some already great content on there already which is promising :) I best get some sleep and I'll help progress things tomorrow :)

If someone could make all the groups eg Premier League clubs I would be happy to copy all of the club ones onto FMWiki.

EDIT: I'm making them now, making titles seems quite easy. Now for making a new page...

EDIT AGAIN: I've made the league sections, but don't know how to add a new page e.g. a Arsenal page.

A lot of work seems to have being done when I was out. Glad to see it up and running again. Brilliant work JJay. :thup:

I've subscribed.

One way to create a new page is to put the name of it in the search bar and click on go.

Then if there is not already a page you get an option to create it. :thup:

[quote name='jod123']I've subscribed.

One way to create a new page is to put the name of it in the search bar and click on go.

Then if there is not already a page you get an option to create it. :thup:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got there myself in the end and have finished the Arsenal page. Except one thing, I can't see to get it to do a new line.

GK: Almunia
DR: Sagna

appears as

GK: Almunia DR: Sagna