Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry i haven't been around to help much with the HoF players stig, school has set me loads of work despite being closed! :mad:

I'm starting to change the disclaimers at the bottom of each page, NepentheZ didn't write out all of that for each player, the user who's the player is wrote it!

That's nice of school Tom ;). Thought i'd put the right user for each but obviously not.

Edle - Thanks. If there is anything you'd like to add to the site just let us know.

That's nice of school Tom ;). Thought i'd put the right user for each but obviously not.

Edle - Thanks. If there is anything you'd like to add to the site just let us know.

You know what i mean stig :p I've corrected the wrong ones btw.

I'll try and make a start on some of the Danny Roberts Challenge completors at some point today or tomorrow :thup:

Site's fine for me at the moment MIR

Just a 'little' update on the wiki:

* I'm slowly adding the player details (see post #3190 for more info)

* I'll wait until after the Feb data update/patch before adding the rest of the team guides

* I'm deleting the FM09 screenshots that are unused now

* I'm making sure that there is a page on each Prem/Football League club and will try and keep them up-to-date by asking in Footy Forum threads for each team for transfers to be forwarded to me

* Eventually all of the main team guides will look like the Crewe page and contain all of the details on there

Now I need a rest :D

• 2 weeks later...

Can I have some help in adding the player information boxes to each player? Just need the info box c+p-ing and adjusting from there. I've added a brief summary as a club guide for each club in League 2 and will ask in the League 2 thread if they can help me to add to each one.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice excuse for restoring it Jammy :D

2 weeks since a post in here *rubs eyes*

Only 12 days actually stig ;)

I'm afraid that i'm going to have to pull out of contributing to the Wiki for a fair while (Not that i've contributed regularly, or even much at all! :D). I've now got GCSE exams virtually every month until the beginning of July, and i'm revising like feck for them. I'll try and contribute whenever possible, but the next 6 months are extremely busy for myself.

I'll keep popping into this thread when i see new posts, and i'll hopefully restart contributing sometime after my exams.

Keep up the good work whilst i'm gone lads :thup:

Close enough :p

3 weeks excluding any posts by me though. Hopefully with the patch being out soon we (read: I ;)) can get more of the club guides from GTPG on, update any player profiles that are wrong on the site, make sure that screenshots are on the player profile pages along with the information box that are being put on and probably some more things I can't think of at the minute :D.

I've now got GCSE exams virtually every month until the beginning of July, and i'm revising like feck for them.

Keep up the good work whilst i'm gone lads :thup:

Yeah, I've got them as well....apart from I haven't revised for anything yet :o

Spent yesterday playing an entire season on FM.....a day well spent IMO. Mind you....I was recovering from tonsillitis and sciatica in my back, so I didn't have much choice.

All Prem & Football League clubs have a main page on the wiki. I plan on asking in the League 1 and 2 threads in the Football Forum if people are interested in helping out by writing player profiles about players that play for their teams. That way we can get a better spread of players on the wiki. Over the next few weeks i'll do the same for the other league threads before asking in the club-specific threads.

At the end of the season the bottom-three teams (after Opening and Closing stage results are added together) are relegated to the Segunda División.

I've been playing in Uruguay for almost 9 seasons now and I'm still a bit confused, but this part in the Wiki is not correct. In addition to the Opening, Closing and Total table, there's also a Accumulative Points table, which takes the Total points of the last two seasons combined. This is the table that decide who's relegated. Teams that are in their first season in the First Division have their points doubled to compensate.

I personally got relegated in my first season in this division even though we finished 4th last in the Total table. Here's an example from one of my seasons (Total | Accumulative Points). As you can see Rampla Juniors finished last, but still wasn't relegated cause they had so many points the season before.

I have no idea how to edit wikis so if someone else could.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well Alan.

Good man Rob. The player profiles are a priority I think. Have asked in the GTPG wiki permission thread about including non-Wikipedia player descriptions for the wiki if people want.

• 3 weeks later...

Should we have the main club guides in the style of Crewe's/Stoke's [as in the table for gk/def/mid/str] or the current for the rest?

Can someone with more knowledge from outside the English game on FM help with the game HoF points page please?

Over 750,000 views now on the site.

Ben - Can we use that on the site? If so, have you got an account/want an account/want someone with an account to put it on?

A page linking to league files? I made one months back, but really didn't have time to keep it up to date. By all means do it yourself if you want to, mate :thup:

If you need help with anything on the site, let me know. Have a bit of free time on my hands for the next few weeks.

A page linking to league files? I made one months back, but really didn't have time to keep it up to date. By all means do it yourself if you want to, mate :thup:

If you need help with anything on the site, let me know. Have a bit of free time on my hands for the next few weeks.

Well you could update my S-League page. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else here got the iPhone game? I've taken a load of screenies and uploaded them here. Will upload the more important ones to the site later on.

Also is anyone here playing FML these days? Not sure when the old FML wiki pages will be brought online, but it should be in the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the GTPG guides that we have permission for have been added. I've also asked some people via PM if we can use their player guide if it isn't a C&P job from wikipedia.

*rubs eyes*

Wow this thread really has died a slow death hasn't it? :(

Seems as if jammy leaving and Alan not having as much time to dedicate to it as he used to was the start of a massive decline. :(

Just under 2 months before i'll have finished my exams, and i should be able to start contributing again then. That's if this thread is still going when i get back! :(

I'm still here but have less time due to having to do a course plus additional work but try to keep the site moving. Could be fun in the summer - hopefully the fans of clubs will help me keep (semi) up-to-date with squads. This thread isn't that active - remember we are less than half way through this page and it was started in January.

Tom - No worries, i'll keep the thread going even if i'm on my own in doing it :p

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

* All of the club guides we have permission for are on the site

* A number of PMs have been sent out to authors of the player profiles on GTPG with about half giving permission for using their work. I'm also doing profiles for some players that i've used since the 10.3.0 patch has been released.

* The Hall of Fame points page is coming together. Again PMs have been sent to those who are completing challenges in CSE and/or posting in the career updates forum.

* Some more PMs will be sent out soon for club guides.

* I've tried to keep up to date with players who will be released by their clubs this summer. I've also done some of the transfers that have already taken place.

Another update:

* All player profiles that I were kept in wikipedia c&p jobs have been deleted as I cba writing FM profiles on them.

* Transfers are as close to up-to-date as I can make them

* All players whose contracts expire in the summer have been released from their clubs.

* PMs have been recieved by about 15-20 people to do with player profile & club threads from GTPG. Hopefully the rest will be available after permissions gained soon - may have to be via PM again. Have included a link to the wiki in PMs and have recieved compliments from some people so good work team.

* I'll start sorting out screenshots for players that are currently on site over the next few weeks.

* Over 850,000 page views on the wiki

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

Just to let everyone know we now have 60 team guides from GTPG and around 300 player profiles on the site. We are looking for more members to be involved so if there is anything you can help with we will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Stig

Archived