Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I thought someone had. I put all of the features announced today on the Podcasts page, they'll go on the FM10 page too but seeing as they are the main part of the podcasts I thought they should be on there too.

Is anyone going to do the Podcast 1? If not, I guess I'll do it...

EDIT: Oh, and what was the last blog you summerised?

Right, all of the blogs are up-to-date, screenshots, vids and podcasts are up, and I've put up a few new pages to prepare for FM10 release. So far we've set up a page for FM10 skins and data editor files (as well as a few other bits and bobs but I have to wait until release day to put them up). Any other requests?

Also: SCIAG and Rob - are you still up for making a club page design?

To prepare for FM10 release I've put up a few pages on league files and other editor stuff. I'll put up my lazio gptg thread as well if I get time.

Is anyone else here doing gptg threads that you'd like to post up on the site. And jammy - have you spoken to purefun and hopey about asking people can we use their threads on the site? If not, I would hold off a few weeks until a good few more threads have been posted up.

Any other ideas as to what we could do coming up to FM10 release time? I think our week as a featured site on footballmanager.com is coming up soon.

Jammy - I think you should put system specs on the main FM10 page and remove the bit in the infobox that I put in. I think it'd look more organised if specs were kept on the main page like with other game release pages.

I should probably delete a few screenshots that aren't all that telling from the screenshots page. Will do that whenever I get time.

Yeah, planning to wait until there are a few more to put them on the site.

I'll ask to make a new thread when there are some more.

Fwiw, I've changed the specs bit.

Looks good :thup:

Once i've downloaded the demo, i'll get going on a Wycombe Wanderers page :thup:
Nice to see you back Hamilton, it's been a while since you posted here :)

SCIAG has given is permission to use his Reading thread on the site. I'll post up my Lazio and Wigan guides tomorrow.

Done. Any more that we get permission for, I'll put them up if someone else doesn't beforehand.

Jammy - I think you said about waiting in the GTPG thread whilst people are changing their threads, remember they can be edited on the FM wiki so it wouldn't be a problem if we added them now.

It wouldn't be a problem now, but I think if we were to continually bump up the thread in GPTG for the next few months, we'd only start to get on people's nerves. As well as that, it's much easier to add the threads to the site when they're finished.

We should leave it for now and come back when most of the threads are done IMO.

Nice to see you back Hamilton, it's been a while since you posted here :)

I've been very, very busy with coursework for my GCSE's and other personal stuff recently, i've hardly had time to think about FM recently tbh!

I'll be doing the odd article from now on, but i might not be getting FM10, so i probably won't be able to contribute much this year (Not that i did much for FM09 tbf :D)

What's year 12? I'm in whatever the last year of school is over in England is.

IIRC if I was living in the UK I'd be in the year 3 years ahead of GCSE year, whatever that is - if that makes any sense :D

I thought you were 16? That'd make you 19...

No need Jammy.

Alan - Year 12 is the year after GCSEs. It is the first year of A-Levels. Usually Year 12s are 16 or 17.

I doubt he'll get that - stupid Irish school systems :D

Fair enough! Is it that you don't like this year's FM or are you just too busy?

Busy with school, haven't had time to download the new demo yet because of my mammoth amount of History coursework, 20 pages so far, handwritten :eek:

I think everyone has a busy year this year - that's what we get for having 3 out of the 4 regulars still at school...
Well Alan, Hamilton and I all are (Alan year 12?, Hamilton not sure, I'm year 11) so yes, you are :D

I'm Year 11 as well Jammy :thup:

Calling me a regular :D

Well, you edit every once in a while, and you're one of the most frequent editors. Which is a shame really, we could do with a few more regulars on the site...

We really could do with a few more editors if i'm one of the most frequent editors :eek:

FWIW, i might try and stick up a few more pages when FM10 comes out and i'll update the Danny Roberts and Dafuge's Challenge pages in a second for completions etc. :thup:

I'll wait to update the team guides until we have permission for the FM10 guides. Also i'll keep an excel spreadsheet if you want so we have a definitive list of which team guides we have on the site.

Is it okay if I leave you two in charge of the club guides for FM10? I really don't know what I'm doing with regards layout of club pages, plus I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands. Think it's best if I just stay out of it altogether.

If anyone could add my Lazio page for me it'd be appreciated :thup:

Thanks stig :thup:

I just added the infobox to the Lazio page and removed the gptg disclaimer - technically it's in violation of our house rules so I thought it'd be a bit hypocritical to leave it in :D

Adding Disclaimers

You may have noticed that there is a box at the end of certain pages giving credit to people who have given us permission to use/have written up content and passed it on to us for our own use on the site. The purpose of these disclaimers are to give credit to those who we have posted up pages for. It is not necessary to add one for yourself to your if you are a member of this site. The history already shows who originally created the page so there is no need. Disclaimers that are posted up by yourself, for yourself will be deleted at the admins' discretion.

I apologise for not starting on my Wycombe guide yet, i've had millions of pieces of homework to do and packing etc. for a battlefields trip that starts on Friday :(

I'll try and get it up over half term, but no promises as it's unreliable me! :p:D Plus, i'll be tired from my trip to France & Belgium, we leave at 4:15 AM on Friday FFS :(

Thanks stig :thup:

I just added the infobox to the Lazio page and removed the gptg disclaimer - technically it's in violation of our house rules so I thought it'd be a bit hypocritical to leave it in :D

I'd put it in because it was your work and not mine.

Been redoing the main page, it was all a bit out of date now FM10 is released.

Selected article has also been changed, however this will be changed again in 5 days (for Novembers one) which is why I chose one which probably won't generate much interest. No point having a very popular one just for 5 days. (it's 'Bugs' now fwiw)

Also, I've removed the links to the FMH and Fansites category - there wasn't enough in either of them to warrant them being on the main page imo.

Been redoing the main page, it was all a bit out of date now FM10 is released.

Selected article has also been changed, however this will be changed again in 5 days (for Novembers one) which is why I chose one which probably won't generate much interest. No point having a very popular one just for 5 days. (it's 'Bugs' now fwiw)

Also, I've removed the links to the FMH and Fansites category - there wasn't enough in either of them to warrant them being on the main page imo.

It needed changing, I agree :thup:

I removed the countdown clock because it looked dodgy and screwed up the green textbox a bit. I also centred the link to the FM10 category at the bottom.

:thup: to both of those things :)

The countdown looked strange, agreed. I tried to get the background to that weird green that most of it is (could we change this to a different, more FMy colour?) but I couldn't find how, andknew I'd mess it up. But it did look a bit strange anyway, agreed.

The Category thing wasn't centered because if it was, it took it half under the image and looked dodgy. But now the countdown has gone, it's better in the middle. It was only put on the right because of the countdown :rolleyes:

I've bolded the 'podcasts', 'blogs' and 'Q&A Sessions', do you think it looks alright? I'm not sure about it, I don't think it's noticeable enough to make it worthwhile, it could do with having 'podcasts', 'blogs' and 'Q&A Sessions' as the first words on each point but that would make it read badly imo.

Oh, and under the logo, could we add a 'SI Affiliate' badge like most (or most that I've seen) other SI affiliates have? If the footballmanagerwiki logo moved up, with the SI Affiliate underneath it, I think it'd look alright.

Agreed, I don't like the bold text either. What I think you should do is remove the bold text that you just put in and make the links to pages bold.

If you can find the SI affiliate logo, I'll try and have it added. I tried looking for it once, but couldn't find anything.

Archived