Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a quick search and can't find a guide on employing staff whilst managing a national team, is there one?

If not, I will make one but what should I call it?

EDIT: Is there a stadium page template? Again, I can't seem to find one. I will knock one up, if there isn't one.

EDIT 2: Thought about it and actually, I don't need a stadium template.

I have had a quick search and can't find a guide on employing staff whilst managing a national team, is there one?

Don't think so, go for it.

If not, I will make one but what should I call it?

Employing coaches for an international side? Something like that but a little less wordy.

EDIT: Is there a stadium page template? Again, I can't seem to find one. I will knock one up, if there isn't one.

EDIT 2: Thought about it and actually, I don't need a stadium template.

I could make you a template for writing up stadium pages that would look like this:

{{stadium
|name=whatever its name is
|capacity=12,000
..........................and so on}}

It wouldn't make all that much difference though tbf. If you think it'd be easier that way let me know though.

Nope, I assumed it'd be okay, what with it only being posted up on this site. I did post a link to the blog anyway and put it in a quote box. If we're allowed to have the podcasts on the site then surely we could post the blogs, no? I will ask someone at SI anyway.

Adding FM08 club guides if we get permission will be team (FM08) in the title. So far put up the Crewe guide and just about to put on HoPeY and Purefun's joint Lyon guide if Purefun gives permission.

Oh, that'll teach me to read your posts :o

I won't be doing as much on the site as I used to from now on, until around next July I'd say. I'll still make time to do the FM10 stuff though. I'm glad the likes of Jammy, Stig and Rob are still putting work into the site atm. KUTGW guys.

Not sure if everyone has noticed but we have a transfer page for each month now on the wiki. This is to help anyone who wishes to update the database to keep it up-to-date. Please only update when a transfer occurs. Can someone help me during Monday and Tuesday to make sure that we don't miss a transfer before the deadline if possible.

Thanks in advance

Stig

I will be changing the featured content page tonight. If you have any suggestions for it, let me know.

It's amazing how much more views a page gets when it's put on the sidebar. The featured content page was up for about a month and a half before we had put it on the sidebar. The day I put it on the sidebar, it had 300 views. Now it has just short of 2,000 views.

I've re-done the featured content page, if someone could give it a look and recommend any changes that'd be great. I'll be adding another 2-4 pages to it tomorrow most likely.

Could someone with FM09 installed on their PC please pass me on a screenshot of Hugo Lloris? Thanks :thup:

A short interview with Miles will be up on the site in a few hours. It's the first of a few interviews we've had with SI employees - the rest of them will be posted in the next few weeks/months I'd imagine. I'll make it the featured article so most users won't miss it.

Transfer moves from today that have been confirmed so far are on the wiki - more could be on the way (who knows? :D)

Fantastic work on that mate, it'll be great for people who want to make their own database. Amazed you managed to keep on track today - shame there were no big deals though!

by the way, who can make changes to the wiki pages? Can I change wiki pages if I find some important information is missing or new information is found? (of course after discussing here first)

Yep, you can. You just have to sign up first. Once your account is accepted, you'll be able to edit :thup:

I have found that there is no section regarding LLM aka lower league management. I think LLM is an integral part of FM series and so is a career game. We should include these two sections in the wiki.

What it should contain:

1. brief description about the game type.

2. standard rules to start a game

3. possible suggestions for these types of games

:thup:

JJay - Looks good, but you didn't mention the Q&A's in the buildup to FM10 section :(

Stig - You mean the 'what game releases' thing?

Yes and further down I've got the up-to-date squad there - not on the FM09 page so the FM09 page just contains the FM09 content.

Few quick suggestions:

-Remove the "we have 100% original content" bit from the OP in the fansite section. It's not true at all - sites that have granted us permission to use such and such from their site and that's not original :p

-Use a regular page as opposed to a category page for the Q&A sessions. I think we could make it look a lot better if it was that way.

-On the 'Crewe Alexandra FM09' page do you think we should have FM09 in brackets? Small niggley thing but I think it'd look better that way. (By the way, I thought we were just having FM09, FM08, FM10 etc sections on the one page instead of having separate pages?)

I have found that there is no section regarding LLM aka lower league management. I think LLM is an integral part of FM series and so is a career game. We should include these two sections in the wiki.

What it should contain:

1. brief description about the game type.

2. standard rules to start a game

3. possible suggestions for these types of games

:thup:

We need to have something like that on the site soon imo. Does anyone here play LLM (doesn't matter if it's by the LLM forum's strict rules or not) that could do something with this?

Also is anyone willing to give me a hand with FM10 feature pages? I'm struggling to keep up :(

For team guides there should be a page per version. Its player profiles that need to be on the same page.

I think for the main page (the team name page eg Arsenal) should just be brief, focus on being the content page. Personally I think that Crewe one has a bit too much. I think, on the club content page, there should be;

Links to related pages (eg FM08 page, FM09 page, stadium page)

Brief real life info (then none on club pages)

Basic info (eg the important things from the Information page on FM)

Up to date squad, or real life transfers that aren't on the game. I'll do a template at about 7 in case you don't understand, and just to make it clearer.

I'm going to use my dads dongle internet thing, so I'll be back tonight.

Few quick suggestions:

-Remove the "we have 100% original content" bit from the OP in the fansite section. It's not true at all - sites that have granted us permission to use such and such from their site and that's not original :p

-Use a regular page as opposed to a category page for the Q&A sessions. I think we could make it look a lot better if it was that way.

-On the 'Crewe Alexandra FM09' page do you think we should have FM09 in brackets? Small niggley thing but I think it'd look better that way. (By the way, I thought we were just having FM09, FM08, FM10 etc sections on the one page instead of having separate pages?)

We need to have something like that on the site soon imo. Does anyone here play LLM (doesn't matter if it's by the LLM forum's strict rules or not) that could do something with this?

Also is anyone willing to give me a hand with FM10 feature pages? I'm struggling to keep up :(

What are you struggling with Alan?

Jammy - I think I know what you mean. I'll look at your template and give feedback before making any changes to the Crewe Alex page.

For team guides there should be a page per version. Its player profiles that need to be on the same page.

I think for the main page (the team name page eg Arsenal) should just be brief, focus on being the content page. Personally I think that Crewe one has a bit too much. I think, on the club content page, there should be;

Links to related pages (eg FM08 page, FM09 page, stadium page)

Brief real life info (then none on club pages)

Basic info (eg the important things from the Information page on FM)

Up to date squad, or real life transfers that aren't on the game. I'll do a template at about 7 in case you don't understand, and just to make it clearer.

I'm going to use my dads dongle internet thing, so I'll be back tonight.

Archived