Football Manager Wiki

The Community Portal has been locked unfortunately, so only admins can edit it. The same applies to the Main Page, Rulebook (new) and Current Events page (also new). EDIT: Ignore this, I'm an idiot :)

The main point of the Communit Portal is so we can update those who may not be regulars in this thread as to what is happening regarding the Wiki, as well as giving a more lengthy introduction to how the site came about. It's basically a way for us to interact with the readers of the site, to make ourselves a more of a community site.

The current events page is to write about our plans for the short term future of the website, saying what our plans are to develop the site. This will be updated regularly (every couple of weeks sort of thing) for two reasons, firstly so we can make sure we get everything planned done but also so people know what they can expect in the future from the site.

If you have read that you will notice that we have set the deadline for player profiles as this Thursday, as they don't have much work being done. Although we came to this decision yesterday, there has been some more work done today so if it continues like this then it is likely we will extend the deadline furthur.

(Although sorry, I'm not Alan :D)

Although would you be able to do me a favour please? Try and write something on the Discussion page of the main page, to see if that's been locked too. If it has I'll unlock the Main Page, as hopefully that will become useful for questions about the site. Cheers:)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The community portal hasn't been locked, regular users should be able to update just as well as anyone so there's not much point locking it. Not sure what exactly we should use it for so you write whatever you want in it for now :thup:

When was the player profile deadline taken forward!? :D

The community portal hasn't been locked, regular users should be able to update just as well as anyone so there's not much point locking it. Not sure what exactly we should use it for so you write whatever you want in it for now :thup:

When was the player profile deadline taken forward!? :D

Oh yeah - I thought it was locked :confused: :D

Although we said the 6th last night, there has been a bit of work done on them today so if the work carries on tomorrow too, imo it wouldn't hurt to slightly extend the deadline.

As long as people are making edits on the profiles you should keep them up imo. The end of this month should be the absolute latest time we have this sorted by though.

Rob - what were you thinking of using the portal for? By all means go for it.

A little template here for those who are going to be editing Player Profile pages, it may save you a couple of minutes. :)

[Player Name] is a [nationality] footballer who plays as a [position] for [name of club].

==Football Manager Information==

<spoiler> [Player Name] has a CA of [value] and a PA of [value]. </spoiler>

[information about player - best position, price to buy and sell, player tactical instructions etc]

Best to edit out all of the real life information that's already there - it only takes a second to write a sentence about the player:thup:

Rob, are you going to be putting the link to the CA/PA page in all player profles? If not, its best not to have it in there imo, to keep them as consistant as possible. However if you are planning on adding them into them all then it's great :thup:

I am planning on putting it in every one, as it fits and may be helpful.

I am just adding it to them, as I come along them. :thup:

The deadline for player profiles is the 10th currently, I think, that is what I put it for in the Current Events page.

As long as people are making edits on the profiles you should keep them up imo. The end of this month should be the absolute latest time we have this sorted by though.

Rob - what were you thinking of using the portal for? By all means go for it.

I am not sure. I didn't really think about it. I just though that it might be nice to use it :D

We're going to leave it for now, although I don't think theres really a reason for it to be edited apart from when we are updating it every couple of weeks or so.

I've also unlocked the Main Page, as we have to confirm all users I don't think theres a risk of it being spammed.

The only page that is locked is the Rulebook page, for understandable reasons.

Oh, ok, I was confused as Jammy said it was in the first post on this page.

I'm not a big fan either only because I'm not a mod and so, wouldn't be able to edit them :D

There has only been 6 users who have edited anything on the wiki in the last 7 days. Us 3, sstig, and who else?

Oh, ok, I was confused as Jammy said it was in the first post on this page.

I'm not a big fan either only because I'm not a mod and so, wouldn't be able to edit them :D

There has only been 6 users who have edited anything on the wiki in the last 7 days. Us 3, sstig, and who else?

Yes - I thought they were locked but apparently not :D

I think Saulty2805 has done a couple of edits, and Hamilton maybe? EDIT: I stand corrected - I can't stop being wrong today:D

Just checked on the recent edits, and I think it is Frog125685482, who made a +3, and Saulty1805 who made a few edits on the walsall page.

EDIT: I don't think add-ons count for the users who have made edits in the last seven days.

New Idea

For the Stadia pages, would it be a good idea for me to add how this ground (capacity etc.) is for the league that you are in and for the clubs size and to recommend if they should try and get it expanded and how much would be required in cash to expand it?

What do you think?

Done. :)

Also, can everyone please, when writing articles, put =='s around their page's subtitles and ==='s around their sub-subtitles. Just to make the pages look a little neater :thup:

Agree with this. Looks much better than having sub-titles the same size as the main titles imo.

Football Manager 2010

With the FM10 announcement being made in the next few weeks, I'll be setting aside a few things to get us ready for release hype. I've asked JJay to install a few new features so hopefully we'll have them online in the next few days.

What we'll be doing is tracking FM10 features as SI feed them to us. Last year they were scattered everywhere so I thought it'd be a nice idea to keep a definitive list on the site.

Another thing I'll be doing is uploading the FM10 podcasts to the wiki so you can listen to them without the need to download it from iTunes. This is one of the new features we'll hopefully have in the next few days. No download at all is needed. Have to get permission from SI bods first though.

Video channel that shows vids SI upload to youtube is another thing I might be doing, but not sure if there's much point doing that.

Let me know what you think and any other ideas because these are only rough ideas atm.

Also, competitions. As an SI affiliate we have been given some SI merchandise to offer to users. We'll probably have a competitions link added to the sidebar shortly and I'll write something up on the competition then. There's another thing I have to say about the competitions but it'll be another week before I can tell you because I haven't sorted out the deal just yet :\

People entering more than once might be a problem... but we could always overcome that by only allowing members to enter. Or maybe ask them for their SI username in the email they send?

We have the competition email set up already as far as I'm aware. Will check later to be sure.

And now to actually answer your question... :D

Send us a fiver and we'll put you in the hat :p.

Not sure tbh, a lot of 'ideal' things would be difficult to run. Q&A seems the best option to start with.

I agree. Should we make the question simple or challenging do you think?

You could have their SI username in the subject bar Alan.

eg. mine would be:

Subject: Competition 1 - ssestig

Main text box: Answer here

Edit: I reckon a mixture of the two.

You could have their SI username in the subject bar Alan.

eg. mine would be:

Subject: Competition 1 - ssestig

Main text box: Answer here

Yeah, that'd probably be the best way to do it! Wonder what we could do to stop users just giving us any random username from the forums though?

Oh, and do you think they should have to register on the site to enter or just an SI username? Si username probably best imo.

Archived