CaptainPlanet

Football Manager Wiki

3,390 posts in this topic

Jammy - I have spoken to jjay about it and forwarded all the pics to be deleted to him. Hopefully he'll have it sorted soon.

Good to hear.

Purefun has said that, in principle, it is ok to make a thread about player profiles. Just going over some details with him, but it should be okay :thup:

Might be an idea to update the OP to include more info on the site?

Who gave you lot permission to use my Pjanić screenshot eh? ;)

Me :cool:

Me :cool:

See you in court then! ;) I'll do some Lyon player write ups in a while. :thup:

See you in court then! ;) I'll do some Lyon player write ups in a while. :thup:

Great stuff, we only have pages on Toulalan and Pjanic atm :thup:

I'll actually be able to do some pages on Wigan players. Don't expect much more from me on player profiles though.

Hold on a minute, I see a fair few of my screenshots used. Cheeky :D

I'll do the mainstream Lyon players and youngsters.

I'm going to do some for Arsenal players, I've done quite a bit of time on Arsenal saves so should be able to do them quite well.

And generally some other players when I get bored of Arsenal players. :D

I've been talking to the infamous ahmufcwafc (Alan) about the Walsall page. I noticed there are quite a few players on the player list that aren't at the club any more and our new signing's aren't on the list either. Would it be okay for my to edit this so that either the players no longer appear on the list or that there is a (*) next to the player to say they will be at a certain club in FM10. Or should it be left until FM10 is out, so the squads are the same for the start of the game.

Just a thought.

I'd be happy to edit the Walsall page for you, if no one else already does :thup:

You could just put brackets next to those that have left the club e.g.

Peter Pyr (At Charlton in real life)

Or for those who have just joined put

Alan Nobby (At Peterborough on FM 9.3.0)

or similar?

You could just put brackets next to those that have left the club e.g.

Peter Pyr (At Charlton in real life)

Or for those who have just joined put

Alan Nobby (At Peterborough on FM 9.3.0)

or similar?

Well, that's what I was thinking, just with a (*) then at the bottom explain that the player has either left the club or joined. But I would have to say what club they will be at/come from, so maybe the brackets would be a better idea. Shall I do it? Or not.

Yeah, it's best to have an updated squad list. How you show it is up to you :)

Yeah, it's best to have an updated squad list. How you show it is up to you :)

Alright then mate, I'll get right onto it :thup:

Cheers for telling me.

What i've been doing is using the squad lists from Wiki for teams then add any players that have moved on since the release of the 9.0.3 patch after looking on the game.

What i've been doing is using the squad lists from Wiki for teams then add any players that have moved on since the release of the 9.0.3 patch after looking on the game.

That's the best idea imo. Not much point in updating all the squad lists until FM10 is released tbf.

Just updating any players that have been released/sold by clubs from the January transfer window eg. Adding Antonio Valencia to the Wigan page despite his recent transfer to Man Utd as he was a Wigan player during the 08/09 season.

Just updating any players that have been released/sold by clubs from the January transfer window eg. Adding Antonio Valencia to the Wigan page despite his recent transfer to Man Utd as he was a Wigan player during the 08/09 season.

Sounds like a good idea to me :thup:

I'd like to know what you guys prefer - should we stick to the current disclaimer or use a disclaimer like the one at the bottom of this page? The second one takes up less space, but that isn't necessarily a good thing.

I prefer the boxed one tbh.

Alright lads. I made the changes like adding (Will be at ____ on FM10) etc. Am I alright to keep doing this for our new players? (Josh O'Keefe has just signed.)

fmwikilogo-1.png?t=1247497182

At footballmanagerwiki.co.uk we pride ourselves on having some of the highest quality articles throughout the world of Football Manager. With guides on teams, graphics, editing and other essential Football Manager information, you can be sure that you will never need to look anywhere else. This site was set up by various members on the SI Forums to give fans of the game a chance to develop their knowledge on the game. For any questions regarding this website, feel free to ask in this thread.

We welcome all edits providing users are knowledgeable on the topic they are editing and all edits are completed with utmost maturity.

Signing up

It is necessary to sign up before making any edits at this time due to anonymous users abusing the system in the early days of this site.

Starting a new page

Type whatever you want to name the page in the search bar and hit 'go'. Then click 'create new page'.

Categorising Pages

After making your page, it's very important that you put the page in the correct category so that it will show up on the index page of the appropriate category. What you need to do to categorise your page is stick one (or more if necessary!) of these at the end of your page:

[[Category:Club Guides]]
[[Category:Player Profiles]]
[[Category:Nation Guides]]
[[Category:Player Profiles]]
[[Category:Non-Player Profiles]]
[[Category:Gameplay]]
[[Category:Graphics and Skinning]]
[[Category:Technical]]
[[Category:Stadia]]
[[Category:Game Releases]]
[[Category:Miscellaneous]]
[[Category:Challenges]]
[[Category:English Leagues]]
[[Category:UEFA Competitions]]
[[Category:Coca-Cola Championship - League 2 Clubs]]
[[Category:English Lower League Clubs]]
[[Category:English Premier League Clubs]]
[[Category:French Clubs]]
[[Category:Italian Clubs]]
[[Category:Other European Clubs]]

Stub Tags

These are to be used on pages you feel lack content in one way or another. To use them put {{stub}} on the page you feel should be tagged. Stub index.

Guides on making wiki pages

Player Profiles

Club Guides

Help with wiki commands

=Main Header=

This header is the same size as the page title header. I wouldn't use it unless the page requires quite a lot of sub-categories, like this page for example.

==Secondary Header==

Most commonly used header.

===Another smaller header===

Use this when making a point linked to the one made in the secondary header.

Inserting Tables

{| border="1"
|'''Team'''
|'''Date'''
|-
|Argentina  
|1 August
|-
|Barbados 
|19 September
|-
|}

If you were to type this into a wiki page, the result would be like so:

wiki-table.jpg?t=1247498512

Embedding Images

Not possible at this time due to lack of space. We will update this page when the issue has been resolved.

-----------------------------------------------

Will ask CP to put this into the OP later. Is there anything I've missed out on? (Pretty sure I've forgotten to mention a thing or two)

Could someone possibly message me Walsall's information from FM? I don't have 09 installed atm.

Cheers :thup:

That looks excelent Alan :thup: I can't see anything that could be added really, it looks fantastic as it is :D

Cheers Tom, still think I left something out though! I'll leave it 'till tomorrow to think about it.

Anyone think it'd be a good idea to have pages on some more FM fansites as well as just FM WeeGiE? I could go around to the 'FM Scene' section of most fansites and ask if they want a bit of free advertising on the wiki, would do no harm imo. If someone else would like to go around and do it feel free, pretty sure it won't be our representative either way though...

Might be pushing our luck starting a new thread. We're lucky to be allowed a thread here as it is. Not much difference between starting a new thread and changing the OP imo.

I guess it doesn't really matter but the first few pages have little relevance to the new OP. Also the original purpose of the thread was to set up a wiki, and now we have that in place the focus of a new thread would feel more relevant to the expansion and growth of an established wiki. And finally it would be more relevant to have the wiki thread started by you alan than CP, no offence to him but you have been pretty much running the show.

Well anyway it's no big deal, just my opinions for giving the wiki a bit of a fresh start.

Yeah I suppose that is a fair point, the first lot of responses wouldn't make a whole lot of sense with the new OP in place. It's up to you guys, if the general feeling is that we need to start a new thread then I guess we could ask a mod for his opinion on the situation.

One thing I fear is that a mod might move the thread to the fansites forum, and that's a graveyard.

Personally I wouldn't like a new thread - after all if Ross hadn't have made the thread the site may not even exist.

You could easily make a note at the bottom of your post saying that the first few pages were focused around creating the actual site, and that the proper discussion starts later on.

Just my opinion though.

Jammy - I agree. Alan should alter the OP slightly to explain what the first few pages are about. No point in starting a new one IMO :)

Seems like a good time to start up an FM10 page now after the twittergate fiasco :D

I'll get something up later today.

Just an idea - how about we track all new features given out by SI if they are drip-fed like last year? I think it would be a good idea to have a definitive list instead of details scattered all over the internet.

Yeah, I reckon that's a good idea.

Got to have a page on Twittergate too tbh;) Could ask Miles to write up something about how he made the error ;)

Maybe we could ask SI if they would be interested in including us in the announcements, saying that a list of all new features will be on fmwiki? Might be pushing it, but we haven't had any prizes as an affiliate so we deserve something :D

Pretty sure that we'd have to pay to get the right to reveal some new features instead of, lets say HMV. Also, we have asked for prizes so they should be coming shortly ;)

How we're going to organise the competition is undecided as of yet.

Pretty sure that we'd have to pay to get the right to reveal some new features instead of, lets say HMV. Also, we have asked for prizes so they should be coming shortly ;)

How we're going to organise the competition is undecided as of yet.

I meant when they announce them, we could put them up straight after or something ;)

Personally I think it would be better to use the featured article section on the right to do a small bit about the competition, then make a competition page on the site. Then do email admins@footballmanagerwiki.co.uk for answers. :)

We'd hardly have to ask permission to post up something that's already been made public?

We could put a competitions thingy in the sidebar instead of having it spam the featured articles page.

We'd hardly have to ask permission to post up something that's already been made public?

I don't mean that - I mean to ask SI to tell people, when they announce new features, that a list of all announced new features will be on the site. I'm being so unclear:(

We could put a competitions thingy in the sidebar instead of having it spam the featured articles page.

Doesn't show up very much though to be honest - at least for the first one it needs to attract attention.

Also, how do you make those templates (e.g. this was made by HoPeY etc) EDIT: Never mind, done it:thup:

:)

I don't mean that - I mean to ask SI to tell people, when they announce new features, that a list of all announced new features will be on the site. I'm being so unclear:(

I don't think the site's in association with SI for releasing new features would be too happy if SI said "Oh and by the way, you can catch the full list of features on footballmanagerwiki.co.uk!". Would probably cause a drop in hits on that particular site. You also have to remember that most of the other fansites will be keeping track of features as well, so I wouldn't expect any special treatment.

Doesn't show up very much though to be honest - at least for the first one it needs to attract attention.

We could always modify the site logo to mention the competition and ask a mod to change the title of this thread. The sidebar is used a lot more than you might expect.

Interesting fact to back up my point - our current events page has had 7,000 hits while our featured articles page has only had just over 100.

yo creators of the wiki

on the create your own regen page, you could tell the reader where to save the file!

cheers

yo creators of the wiki

on the create your own regen page, you could tell the reader where to save the file!

cheers

Done. Let me know if the final step is needed (if it doesn't show up in extra files, just continue anyway). Cheers!

It is now there mate thanks to Alan.

Edit: Beaten by the man himself.

can someone tell me how to create a page on the wiki, i'm a member already and can't remember

Just type whatever you want the page to be named into the search bar, hit go then click create page :thup:

thanks man very easy don't know how i didn't figure it out myself

Very nice work man! Never knew about that myself so I'll be doing that from now on :thup: