CaptainPlanet

Football Manager Wiki

3,390 posts in this topic

Just been reading through the following;

http://football-manager-series.wikispaces.com/Buying+Players

Near the bottom is;

Arrange Friendly

You must arrange a friendly with the club you are buying from.

That isn't right, is it? I thought that if you are buying the player and include a friendly in the deal, you have no responsility over organising this friendly - it is up to them to organise it, it's just that you have to accept it.

Correct me if I'm wrong:thup:

Regarding team guides, there are quite a few team guides in the GPTG. If you like, I can get in contact with as many of the posters of them as I can, and ask for permission to use their guides for this. Could save quite a lot of time making something that is already made:thup:

Regarding team guides, there are quite a few team guides in the GPTG. If you like, I can get in contact with as many of the posters of them as I can, and ask for permission to use their guides for this. Could save quite a lot of time making something that is already made:thup:

Please do, I am sure it will help massively.

Ok then, I'll ask HoPeY or purefun permission to make a thread there asking for permission, as it would be quicker than PM'ing them. If they say no, I will PM the posters.

K, I've PM'ed HoPeY asking for permission, hoping he says yes but I would understand if he doesn't want a thread about it.

Will let you know what he says.

hey jod me and you can team up and make a few irish articles:D:D:p

K, I've PM'ed HoPeY asking for permission, hoping he says yes but I would understand if he doesn't want a thread about it.

Thanks mate

MeLikeFM: Jod123 works alone, do not interrupt the master.

That isn't right, is it? I thought that if you are buying the player and include a friendly in the deal, you have no responsility over organising this friendly - it is up to them to organise it, it's just that you have to accept it.

You're right. It is the selling team's responsibility to arrange a friendly before the deadline.

You're right. It is the selling team's responsibility to arrange a friendly before the deadline.

You have to accept it, but you can cancel it.

Yeah, can you find a few League 2 Articles. I can do Wycombe Wanderers as i support them fanatically, but help with the others would be much appreciated.

HoPeY has given me permission to make a thread there, asking for permission. Am going to make it now, and hopefully there should be a lot of people who are alright with it.

Just been reading through the following;

http://football-manager-series.wikispaces.com/Buying+Players

Near the bottom is;

Ah, that'd be me.

I did mean to say " play" but I was a bit tired.

HoPeY has given me permission to make a thread there, asking for permission. Am going to make it now, and hopefully there should be a lot of people who are alright with it.

What a nice bloke this hopey is. :cool:

What a nice bloke this hopey is. :cool:

One good deed doesn't make up for letting them get away with constant abuse of me:p;)

I don't know if anything from the GPTG FAQ could be used, theres a couple of things in there that could be useful in this I think;

GPTG FAQ

Work Permits, CA/PA, Affiliated clubs, key attributes for players, and possibly accronyms

would all be perfect in my opinion.

I've added a "Premiership Club" section under the "leagues" heading so we can put all the prem club threads there.

Dumbass question here, how do I add a page to a certain section?

You just move it manually. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks mate

MeLikeFM: Jod123 works alone, do not interrupt the master.

I can work in a team as well. ;)

Dumbass question here, how do I add a page to a certain section?

Just edit the home page and insert a link to the page you want.

Be careful lads, the last thing we want is for this thread to be closed.

My location owns yours all day, every day :)

Wiki is doing great, would even link it at the top of GD, all the links there are out of date.

jod, you like my location? :D

Yeah, but where have you done it? :confused: :D

Could you guys get back to the topic in hand please? Like Alan says that last thing we want is that this thread gets closed because of off topic rubbish

I beat you jod, how does it feel to lose :D

I am not too sure how it feels especially when I am unaware of how and where you beat me. :confused:

Unless you mean you have managed to help a person when I was busy doing an exam. ;)

EDIT: Anyway as ftg said above, let's forget about it in this thread. Glad you beat me. :D

Fair enough ftg, just having a bit of friendly banter :D

That's cool mate, but I have seen threads as useful as this closed for things like "friendly banter" Several times between myself and jod :p

I've put it up, can someone check it for me to see if it works please?

Yeah it's working fine. I put it up on the links section for you.

All looking good mate :thup:

It does but do we want to put it in the Premier League link instead of the main page as that is where Liverpool is?

I am not saying that it should not go on the main page as well but shouldn't we do the same for Liverpool as well to keep consistency?

It does but do we want to put it in the Premier League link instead of the main page as that is where Liverpool is?

I am not saying that it should not go on the main page as well but shouldn't we do the same for Liverpool as well to keep consistency?

Agreed, it doesn't really need it's own link on the main page when there is a EPL Clubs link right above it

Added some info into the screenshots thread, hope it is helpful.

Cheers Dan, it needed a bit more detail anyway :thup:

Yep, put it in the Premiership section as the site needs to be organised properly so people can access it

Agreed, it doesn't really need it's own link on the main page when there is a EPL Clubs link right above it

Yes, that's my bad. I'll fix it now.

Cheers Dan, it needed a bit more detail anyway :thup:

You're welcome. I felt people need to learn about the Alt F9 trick.

Erm, that's where I put it didn't I?:confused:

I thought I put it in the Premier League one? It was above the Liverpool one...

Arsenal

Barcelona