Football Manager Wiki

Ok, but we will have to wait to see what everyone else thinks about this before we go ahead with this.

Plus, where are we going to have the links to these categorys?

I'm not sure. Maybe we should have them hidden until the pages are ready to be properly categorised?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know that you deleted the part saying 'For Vista:'.

That is kind of necessary because I am going to do an XP one as they are different.

I thought it was exactly the same. Go on then, put it back up. I don't like the idea of putting up a 'coming soon' notice, just leave that out. I think it looks tidier that way :)

ill see what i can do, its a good idea and will be useful
Cheers Vincewine, I'll PM you now.

Incase anyone starts missing me (hopeful thinking), I am off to Devon for 5 days and am leaving in 29 minutes. I will try and find some hotspots so I can post a bit. See you all :)

Does that mean I can be our official representative and chief executive of advertising while you're gone? :cool:

Good luck.

Well, he has gone now.

So, Alan you can take the role for 5 days :D

Awesome :cool:

Think I'll work on a definitive guide on using the editor for the next few days. I'll probably post it up in the editors hideaway as well because I feel it's being neglected a bit on that part.

I am going to be working on the stadiums article page and the stadiums articles over the next few days.

I have just done a few more stadium articles and will finish all the Championship articles tonight and then, put them up.

Alan (or anyone else), can you help me with something?

I can't change the layout of the Stadiums page :(

It only has one line with the title and the link to the General stadiums page when I click on 'edit'.

I want to try something different with it as we are getting quite a lot of stadium articles and it is starting to look messy.

Plus, when creating a new article, I realized that we have two categorys for Stadiums - named 'Stadia(linked from the front page) and one called 'Stadiums' (have to do something different to get to)

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan (or anyone else), can you help me with something?

I can't change the layout of the Stadiums page :(

It only has one line with the title and the link to the General stadiums page when I click on 'edit'.

I want to try something different with it as we are getting quite a lot of stadium articles and it is starting to look messy.

Plus, when creating a new article, I realized that we have two categorys for Stadiums - named 'Stadia(linked from the front page) and one called 'Stadiums' (have to do something different to get to)

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you trying to get rid of the stadiums being sorted in alphabetical order? I don't think that's possible to change while keeping it a category, although JJay might be able to change that.

Ok cheers.

I think that it will be a lot neater like that, than a long list of stadiums.

I have added about 5 more stadiums.

EDIT: I can't make a new page called 'Stadia' because there is already the stadia page which talks about stadiums. Should I call it 'Stadiums' instead?

I have gone ahead and called it Stadiums instead.

I have done a couple of the links so far.

Will finish them off tomorrow.

I've fixed it. It can be called stadia now, with the old stadia article being re-named general stadium information. Makes a bit more sense I think :)

Did any of you know how the World Cup Group Stages are ordered?

If two or more teams end up with the same number of points, tiebreakers are used: first is goal difference, then total goals scored, then head-to-head results, and finally drawing of lots (i.e. determining team positions at random).

France just finished higher than Tunisia because of this, seems really unfair.

I've fixed it. It can be called stadia now, with the old stadia article being re-named general stadium information. Makes a bit more sense I think :)

Yes, that does make more sense.

Have we got a re-direct from 'Stadiums' to 'Stadia'?

I'm going to try and do some stuff today :thup:

There's one thing I've noticed when browsing the site though. Under 'Nation Guides', some of them are articles about the nation, as you'd expect, e.g. their good players, honours etc. However, others are about the league system in the country. I think these should go under 'League Guides' instead. Would make more sense I think, as some articles in this section currently are like this anyway, but others just include the teams in the league.

For what it's worth, in my opinion the nation guides should contain information about the national team, then maybe a list of the leagues in the nation, linking them to the league guides pages.

Opinions? If you understand what I've just written :p

I'm going to try and do some stuff today :thup:

There's one thing I've noticed when browsing the site though. Under 'Nation Guides', some of them are articles about the nation, as you'd expect, e.g. their good players, honours etc. However, others are about the league system in the country. I think these should go under 'League Guides' instead. Would make more sense I think, as some articles in this section currently are like this anyway, but others just include the teams in the league.

For what it's worth, in my opinion the nation guides should contain information about the national team, then maybe a list of the leagues in the nation, linking them to the league guides pages.

Opinions? If you understand what I've just written :p

Yes, that's my mistake. I've already fixed half the problem by putting those guides in the league guides page, I just haven't got around to taking them out of the nation category.

Club Guides

*Not too serious, just missing introductions for most

Fulham

Getafe

Hull City

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

LA Galaxy

Luton Town

Man City

New England Revolution

New York Red Bulls

PSV

Panathinaikos

Preston North End

Real Madrid

Redditch

Southampton

Stockport

Stoke City

Valencia

Of these, most are done now with an introduction. The only ones left are: the New England, New York and Redditch pages are blank, and Preston doesn't have much on it.

Of these, most are done now with an introduction. The only ones left are: the New England, New York and Redditch pages are blank, and Preston doesn't have much on it.

Great, I'll update the list later :)

The nation category issue is almost fixed, will finish it off later tonight.

Great, I'll update the list later :)

The nation category issue is almost fixed, will finish it off later tonight.

Good stuff.

Under league guides, there's a page for United States and one for MLS, they're pretty much the same thing looking at them, the MLS one is in more detail though.

Good stuff.

Under league guides, there's a page for United States and one for MLS, they're pretty much the same thing looking at them, the MLS one is in more detail though.

I know, I'm afraid to delete the United States one yet though in case I spot a few things missing in one of the articles. Again, should be fixed later tonight as well.

I know, I'm afraid to delete the United States one yet though in case I spot a few things missing in one of the articles. Again, should be fixed later tonight as well.

:thup: I'm going to try and get a page for Middlesbrough done if I have time tonight, and fill in any other gaps of Premier League clubs possibly.

I think that they could merit their own category in the future but for the moment, they should be put in either the player or non-player category's.

I also think that instead of doing non-players(retired ones) we should focus on doing players in the game first.

But, if you would like, go ahead and do non-players.

I'm going to watch a match tonight so, I will be out but keep up the good work :thup:

Archived