Football Manager Wiki

Not really a mistake, but ok then :D

I've made a few changes to that article, do you think it's ready to have the Stub tag taken off? I'm not sure how much more could be put in.

http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Database_Editor

You know what, I think we should leave it on for now. Since there's so much you can do with the editor, I think we should leave it as a stub until it becomes a difinitive guide on using the editor.

Hold on, I made an editor guide for someone else last week, & sent it through PMs. Hopefully I still have it in my outbox, then it'll just be a copy & paste job!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To whoever made the 'Regen Editing' Article, it really needs finishing. At the moment it is pretty much pointless, as it doesn't explain how to do this.

Also, I'm not sure there is a point in having staff profiles and player profiles. I can't see either getting too many done, so we should mix the two. Views?

To whoever made the 'Regen Editing' Article, it really needs finishing. At the moment it is pretty much pointless, as it doesn't explain how to do this.

Jod made it originally, & left it blank. Then Rob wrote up the intro to it. Jod is to blame imo :D

Jod made it originally, & left it blank. Then Rob wrote up the intro to it. Jod is to blame imo :D

Yeah, lets just blame him. He'll never know ;):D

But in all seriousness, does anyone know how to do this? If not I'll make a thread about it in the Editors Hideaway about it and ask in there. I'm sure someone can help.

You know what, I think we should leave it on for now. Since there's so much you can do with the editor, I think we should leave it as a stub until it becomes a difinitive guide on using the editor.

Hold on, I made an editor guide for someone else last week, & sent it through PMs. Hopefully I still have it in my outbox, then it'll just be a copy & paste job!

Have you got them in your outbox?

Nationality I think. Also done pages for Steve Schumacher, Joel Grant, James Bailey,Byron Moore, Kenny Lunt, Danny Shelley (although very brief), Eugen Bopp, Danny O'Donnell, Michael O'Connor, Anthony Elding (his club stats table took a long time) and Calvin Zola. Time for a rest me thinks.

Nationality I think. Also done pages for Steve Schumacher, Joel Grant, James Bailey,Byron Moore, Kenny Lunt, Danny Shelley (although very brief), Eugen Bopp, Danny O'Donnell, Michael O'Connor, Anthony Elding (his club stats table took a long time) and Calvin Zola. Time for a rest me thinks.

Good job stig, you deserve a break :thup:

I'm making a page on how to make your game run faster now.

Rob, what would Y stand for? I didn't fill that one in.

Sorry.

It stands for nationality.

I forgot to write that in.

I will add more to that soon.

It needs a complete guide as at the moment, you know how to type it out but there is no way that you could get it to work by doing that.

I've just come across this thread now, good work everyone :thup:

I could help out with some articles when I have time, anything specific that you want doing, or shall I just dive in?

Alan made a list a while ago of pages that need developing. If you know anything about any of the following then edit as you like.

You will have to register first though, non members arent allowed to member thanks to spammers.

Welcome to the thread:thup:

Club Guides

*Not too serious, just missing introductions for most

Fulham

Getafe

Hull City

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

LA Galaxy

Luton Town

Man City

New England Revolution

New York Red Bulls

PSV

Panathinaikos

Preston North End

Real Madrid

Redditch

Southampton

Stockport

Stoke City

Valencia

Nation Guides

Canada

Holland

Mexico

Russia

Player Profiles

Anatoli Todorov

Landon Donovan

Gameplay

Bosman Transfers

Training Facilities

Physios

Graphics & Skinning

Graphics Packs

Skins

Editing

Database Editor

How to add your own regen

Miscellaneous

Championship Manager

Sports Interactive

Empty Pages

Chicago Fire

Chivas USA

Colorado Rapids

Columbus Crew

DC United

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

Kansas City Wizards

San Jose Earthquakes

Toronto FC

Dani Aquino

Coaches

You can put it up for me. Thanks. :)

I will. Do you mind if I take information from your guide and mix it with the info we've already been given from FM-Britain? They've given us a good bit of information, but yours goes a bit more in-depth.

I will. Do you mind if I take information from your guide and mix it with the info we've already been given from FM-Britain? They've given us a good bit of information, but yours goes a bit more in-depth.

That is fine I suppose, but I spot a couple of inaccuracies in his.

Not a problem. :)

I presume his dates back a couple of years ago, because there have been some changes since then.

Liaoning Guangyuan is no more, of course.

There is no relegation from the S-League, unlike what he said.

And the Singapore Cup lasts all season long, instead of from April to June. The last one (2008) started in May and the final was in November.

Teams are now allowed to register 6 foreign players, but name only 4 in the match squad.

I should also add in a couple of things not in my original thread, but will be useful in the Wiki. These are fairly recent additions by the way.

Charity Shield

As you'd have guess, a pre-season curtain raiser between the League and Cup winners (or League runners-up if the double was achieved).

Singapore League Cup

A mid-season tournament played between all 12 League Clubs, usually lasting a month (May-June). The top 4 in the league the previous season gets a bye into the second round, while the rest play a one-off knockout first round. After that the format is similar to the Singapore Cup (two-legged knockout rounds) until the one-off final match. There is also a third place playoff (also present in the Singapore Cup).

Hope that has been helpful. :)

Instead of having empty pages cramp up the current category pages, how about we open a category for blank pages? Obviously we would re-categorise them again as soon as they have some content.

Maybe a notice on blank pages should be put up in the 'Why we have set this up' bit.

That is pretty excellent :thup:, although (sorry, being picky here) the opening seems to contradict a little with the first paragraph of the S-League.

I would probably put the opening as such:

The S-League was formed in 1996, as Singapore's very own football league. Prior to this, football in Singapore consisted of the national team competing in the Malaysian Cup. After winning the trophy in 1994, a decision was made to withdraw from the tournament, which came as a shock to Singaporeans, ending a 75-year association with the tournament.

However, the S-League has moved leaps and bounds since then, and has become one of the top 10 leagues in Asia, according to the AFC (Asian Football Confederation). From 8 teams in 1996, it has since expanded to 12 teams, and has also attracted some foreign clubs to establish feeder teams in the league to increase its competitiveness.

The FA of Singapore have taken the unusual step of including a team of their own in the competition, Young Lions being made up of the vast majority of the nation's under-23 international side, although foreigners who are eligible to become Singaporean nationals are also allowed

The 12 teams all offer varying challenges, but it is a very promising league, and to be fair, with the right moves, anyone is capable of anything.

Then the start of the topic S-League would be "The S-League is made up of twelve clubs....etc"

Other than that, it's mostly good.

That is pretty excellent :thup:, although (sorry, being picky here) the opening seems to contradict a little with the first paragraph of the S-League.

I would probably put the opening as such:

The S-League was formed in 1996, as Singapore's very own football league. Prior to this, football in Singapore consisted of the national team competing in the Malaysian Cup. After winning the trophy in 1994, a decision was made to withdraw from the tournament, which came as a shock to Singaporeans, ending a 75-year association with the tournament.

However, the S-League has moved leaps and bounds since then, and has become one of the top 10 leagues in Asia, according to the AFC (Asian Football Confederation). From 8 teams in 1996, it has since expanded to 12 teams, and has also attracted some foreign clubs to establish feeder teams in the league to increase its competitiveness.

The FA of Singapore have taken the unusual step of including a team of their own in the competition, Young Lions being made up of the vast majority of the nation's under-23 international side, although foreigners who are eligible to become Singaporean nationals are also allowed

The 12 teams all offer varying challenges, but it is a very promising league, and to be fair, with the right moves, anyone is capable of anything.

Then the start of the topic S-League would be "The S-League is made up of twelve clubs....etc"

Other than that, it's mostly good.

It's a good thing you're being picky, because ultimately it'll improve the quality of the page.

I will add that now :)

Wait, do you mean the bit above the index or the bit under the S-League header?

Oh, I've seen what you done there.

Yeah, sorry, should have been more clear. By 'opening' I meant above the index.

"The S-League is made up of twelve clubs...etc" starts under the S-League header.

Sorry. :o

Oh, I've seen what you done there.

Yeah, sorry, should have been more clear. By 'opening' I meant above the index.

"The S-League is made up of twelve clubs...etc" starts under the S-League header.

Sorry. :o

Great - fixed now. Thanks again :)

I think that it is a good idea but where would we put a link to this category, as I don't think that it should go on the top row.

Because people using the wiki are not going to click on a category of blank pages.

I sugeest placing it at the bottom of the first page and as long, as we know where it is then it will be alright as we can then, use it.

Every article IMO should be placed in one of these kind on holding places till one of us sees it and approves it (sees it as an appropriate good standard) and, then we could move it to the correct area. It would probably improve the standard of the articles.

I think that it is a good idea but where would we put a link to this category, as I don't think that it should go on the top row.

Because people using the wiki are not going to click on a category of blank pages.

I sugeest placing it at the bottom of the first page and as long, as we know where it is then it will be alright as we can then, use it.

Every article IMO should be placed in one of these kind on holding places till one of us sees it and approves it (sees it as an appropriate good standard) and, then we could move it to the correct area. It would probably improve the standard of the articles.

I agree with pretty much all of this :thup:

Archived