Football Manager Wiki

Thanks for the reply, i didn't "delete" seans work pre-se i merely reworded it so it was easier to read, changing his possible players to sell into a bullleted list i thought helped alot, By the way do you know what happened to Sean? His account isn't registered on Si forums anymore. The Enrique part he stated was based on his accounts from FM08 and may not apply to FM09. actical Advice i feel shouldn't be given unless its for a very good reason, i don't see why Sean reccomended fast pasted direct attacking as that would be reliant on the players you may buy or sell, FM tactics are very complicated and if the user takes in the advice from the wiki and it doesn't work it could leave him feeling very frustrated .

Yeah, sean10 is NUFCSean who's computer wouldnt let him log on so he got that account and then had it deleted when he got his problem fixed.

Where did he say that that is based on FM08? I can't see it.

That was base advice, people won't just do that. There is nothing wrong with giving some advice, wether you agree with it or not.

And, regarding Enrique again, I agree that he isn't good enough from his technical stats.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I added some info on the youth intake page at the bottom, and gave a link to the youth development page, where I will give my theories on youth development.

That is all I can do today, because of coursework etc.

I will pop in and out of the website and the forums for the next few days and do as much as i can.

Where is peterevo and some of the other contributers?

It has been a bit quite recently.

Well I can't speak for the others, but I won't be able to contribute as much as I was able to last week because of schoolwork piling up on me again. I fell back a lot last term so now I have a load of work to do. So don't expect me to be doing much with the wiki from now until easter.

I am here. I have not been doing much for the wiki and I shall start doing more. :)

I am here as well but I still am doing exams.

I will try and do a bit and will do more when my exams are over. :thup:

I was reading the discussion between Orion Dean and Arsenal. This is an example of what could happen though. One person makes edits in good faith trying to improve the article so there is certainly nothing wrong with that. Another person could have a different opinion on a player for example which again is fair. If the two people are stubborn enough it could lead to edit wars and stuff. You can't really dismiss either person as they are both entitled to have their opinions and they both are trying to improve the article so what should we do in this case if that ever happened?

I was reading the discussion between Orion Dean and Arsenal. This is an example of what could happen though. One person makes edits in good faith trying to improve the article so there is certainly nothing wrong with that. Another person could have a different opinion on a player for example which again is fair. If the two people are stubborn enough it could lead to edit wars and stuff. You can't really dismiss either person as they are both entitled to have their opinions and they both are trying to improve the article so what should we do in this case if that ever happened?

I have no idea tbh, maybe put two bullet points with differing views? Like on some TV shows/magazines etc, they do 'He said, I say' or something like that.

He said that Enrique is bad and should be replaced

I say that he can be good despite some stats lacking and does not need replacing.

That sort of thing.

I might do :D

I will decide when I get it.

Just thought that I would get this back on the 1st page, and tell people that if they have spare time, that they don't have to think up of a new article as there are lots of articles on the site that can be added to or even started as some just have the name, so if any reads this then feel free to do something and your work will be much appreciated.

This isn't a message to some of the regulars such as ahmufcwafc, peterevo and jod123 but to anyone dropping in.

I might do :D

I will decide when I get it.

Just thought that I would get this back on the 1st page, and tell people that if they have spare time, that they don't have to think up of a new article as there are lots of articles on the site that can be added to or even started as some just have the name, so if any reads this then feel free to do something and your work will be much appreciated.

This isn't a message to some of the regulars such as ahmufcwafc, peterevo and jod123 but to anyone dropping in.

I would hope so! :D

Anyway, I think it's a good idea. Go ahead if the others agree to it :thup:

I would hope so!

Anyway, I think it's a good idea. Go ahead if the others agree to it

The more people that we have contributing the better. :thup:

I was studying today and am watching the match soon so sorry to say that both of those take priority for me. :p:D

Having said that I still have made the most edits today which is 1. :D

Just noticed an article on Steve Collis. I don't have any problem with the guy, but surely we aren't going to have articles about individual players?

We can't recreate the player database in Wiki form!

If people want to create articles on players that is fine imo.

I don't think we are going to have every club with an article on the wiki either or every nation possibly but all we can do is do as many as possible.

Just noticed an article on Steve Collis. I don't have any problem with the guy, but surely we aren't going to have articles about individual players?

We can't recreate the player database in Wiki form!

I was going to do the Crewe players/favoured personnel at least and any that are relevant to my games.

Alright, fair enough. I guess the main thing then is to make sure that everything is categorised properly - basically what I mean is that if we have an article on Ji-Park Sung which suggests that he isn't good enough for the squad and should be sold, then it should be specifically under Football Manager 2009 headings, else the article would need to be updated every single year. Having said that, it might just be easier to leave that kind of information out and keep it factual.

Something else: I've added a Template:Main and used it in the Football Manager 2009 article (under the fake players controversy heading) to link to the Fake Players article, but I wanted to make the template allow for piped links, ie use the link Fake Players#Football_Manager_2009, but show the link as just Fake Players. However, I can't figure it out, so I've left it as is. If anyone understands wiki syntax better than me and can fix it, please do :)

I've been quite busy the last few days so will try and be a bit more active in this again now. Although there's not much i can think of to do at the moment :confused:

I've also just updated the intro on the homepage a bit as it changed between the active and passive voice.

Something else: I've added a Template:Main and used it in the Football Manager 2009 article (under the fake players controversy heading) to link to the Fake Players article, but I wanted to make the template allow for piped links, ie use the link Fake Players#Football_Manager_2009, but show the link as just Fake Players. However, I can't figure it out, so I've left it as is. If anyone understands wiki syntax better than me and can fix it, please do :)

[[Main Page|different text]] then hopefully the latter part should display :)

There are alot of pages which have nothing on, when you look at them and I guess we can just add something to them and I will think up more articles and just leave them as names and people will have something to do.

This was on the third page! I was shocked :D

It looks better on the first page and attracts more people. Plus, we are nowhere near to finishing though, as a wiki is never finished :D

Do more League 2 articles, help is much needed as i am revising for 7 exams which are next week.

Cheers in advance

I know most about the Championship, Premiership.

I know some about the lower english leagues and some about the foreign leagues.

Archived