Football Manager Wiki

I've put together a couple of logos based on the FML and SI logos. If they are ok, Let me know the size that the image needs to be and I will resize it/them.

If you want something original (or you have some more specific ideas), then I will put something else together. Just let me know.

fmwikilogo.pngfmwikilogov2.pngfmwikilogov3.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished Scouting page on wiki.

Cool if someone could have a look at it perhaps add stuff or provide some feedback :)

I think it is really good. Just a couple of points - repuation of the scout plays a part of how detailed the scouting report will be as well.

Also, are you sure you have finished the last few sections of it. :p

Plus, the club guides look worse as they are not in the league order, and so are harder to compare teams.

I liked the old layout and think that we should keep that until we have finished completing the website.

The club guides are still a similar layout as they were not on the home page. If you go to league guides then the league articles that were on the home page are there. :thup:

I know some people won't like the layout but it really has to be something different than having a long list of articles on the home page in my opinion. Still if most people want it that way I will put it back.

Also the thing to remember is a wiki is never finished. ;):D

I've created an account, but how do i add my Wycombe page?

Type the name of the article you want to create in the search box and click go. If it is not already created (which it probably isn't) you will get an option to create the page.

I've put together a couple of logos based on the FML and SI logos. If they are ok, Let me know the size that the image needs to be and I will resize it/them.

If you want something original (or you have some more specific ideas), then I will put something else together. Just let me know.

fmwikilogo.pngfmwikilogov2.pngfmwikilogov3.png

m8, can you send me psd files?

Really like the third logo, and want to re-do it for our wiki in russian language:thup:

I think it is really good. Just a couple of points - repuation of the scout plays a part of how detailed the scouting report will be as well.

Also, are you sure you have finished the last few sections of it. :p

Darn missed that bit :o I'd really appreciate if someone else could do it btw...

May be it's problems of translations.

I mean that it will be good if there will be link on this wiki on http://www.footballmanager.net/. It will be greate for all newbies of the series. (and easy to find wiki, because now link on wiki is only in forums)

Also it will be very nice if there will be article like this:

"We have very good news for all fans of football manager series - we've start new project, FMWiki, where you can find a lot of useful articles about basic concepts and in-depths articles about all aspects of the game"

Excuse my English please.

May be it's problems of translations.

I mean that it will be good if there will be link on this wiki on http://www.footballmanager.net/. It will be greate for all newbies of the series. (and easy to find wiki, because now link on wiki is only in forums)

Also it will be very nice if there will be article like this:

"We have very good news for all fans of football manager series - we've start new project, FMWiki, where you can find a lot of useful articles about basic concepts and in-depths articles about all aspects of the game"

Excuse my English please.

Sorry, I thought you meant a link to news and a permanent link on the main page of the wiki.

Anyway, don't worry about your English. It is very good. :thup:

That beats me, hamilton. :D

The main page looks really good, especially the selected article.

Glad you like it. Enjoy the time that is the selected article as it won't be for too long. ;):p

jod, can you add multilingual support? i can translate articles in russian

I am not sure if I can do that on the actual wiki site as if I can I can't find any option.

jod, can you stick my Wycombe article in the league 2 section as i don't know how to do it. An explanation would also be helpful :thup:

EDIT:

Oh, i have to carry on being miserable now :(

I edited it in. All I had to do was go to the League 2 article and edit it. Put a link to your article in like this: [[Wycombe Wanderers]]

Well if that user does it again, I'll just block him. I have him on my watch list now :thdn:

I sent him a warning. Personally I think if he does something like that again, give him a strict warning. Then for the 3rd time block him.

By the way I just created a template for issuing uses warnings.

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning}} so you can use that for first offence as it is a polite warning.

I sent him a warning. Personally I think if he does something like that again, give him a strict warning. Then for the 3rd time block him.

By the way I just created a template for issuing uses warnings.

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning}} so you can use that for first offence as it is a polite warning.

What does that warning template do exactly?

What does that warning template do exactly?

It means that if you see someone making an unconstructive edit just type {{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning}} on their talk page and they will get a message of the exact text in the template.

We also have a template on stubs that someone else created which is placed on short articles that need to be expanded.

I've created 3 templates which is more than fair so they have infact 3 warnings before being blocked.

The names are:

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning1}}

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning2}}

{{Unconstructive-Edit-Warning3}}

1 is polite, 2 is strict and 3 is the final warning.

To use them, just go the abusive persons talk page and just type the relevant template.

Hope that is ok with everyone.

Archived