Football Manager Wiki

footballmanagerwiki.net now redirects to the wiki as well :thup:

I've had it sitting doing nothing for ages :D

EDIT: Can it be sorted that the .co.uk is also set to a redirect or that the wiki moves to the .co.uk as it's a) annoying having it framed and b) confusing and/or annoying for some that want to copy and paste links

It will be once its parked :) Thanks buddy :)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone grudge me doing Youth Intake and How to get the best out of your Ass man?

I do :D

Well, I put them up there as things that I will do but I am happy for you to do them, and I will edit as I see fit :D

I have plenty to do at the moment anyway :D

I just had a idea.

Why don't we have a national team guide?

This is where we could put guides for national teams.

I have created one.

From my thread in GPTG:

arsenal_2111, would the site be interesting in using the international management guide that i made?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=103716

There is the thread. Have a look at that, you could use that as the Index page for International management.

I am trying to categorise all the pages and have most of them done. Just a few things to let you know.

To categorise your page when you have finished editing it, just at the end of the article add [[Category:category name]]

You can add it to as many categories as you like if you feel it deserves it or you can create a new category if you think necessary.

A few other things as well. I see there are nation articles with list of nations that are going to be created. Would it be better to just categorise the nations into a nations guide category unless those articles are going to contain more than just a list of nations?

Also there is a PA article and a CA & PA article. Shall I merge the two? I see the exact same content from the PA article is already in the CA & PA article so I assume it is ok to delete the PA article. :thup:

Pnefc22, I just categorised some red-linked pages so that is why they have blue links now.

And keep up the good work, everyone. :)

Finally about the logo, I don't particulary mind Alan. Whatever you and others think. I assume you will come up with a nice idea. :D

Note: Can people stop creating articles with nothing in?

It is very annoying opening them for nothing to be inside.

The articles in red are articles that are not created and people must be clicking on them and just pressing submit

I think they should stay. It only means that others are working on them. It's good because that way, people aren't confused as to what articles are & aren't up.

I am trying to categorise all the pages and have most of them done. Just a few things to let you know.

To categorise your page when you have finished editing it, just at the end of the article add [[Category:category name]]

You can add it to as many categories as you like if you feel it deserves it or you can create a new category if you think necessary.

Thanks for that, couldn't figure out to do that :thup:

A few other things as well. I see there are nation articles with list of nations that are going to be created. Would it be better to just categorise the nations into a nations guide category unless those articles are going to contain more than just a list of nations?
That works for me, even though I don't mind the current layout tbh.
Also there is a PA article and a CA & PA article. Shall I merge the two? I see the exact same content from the PA article is already in the CA & PA article so I assume it is ok to delete the PA article.
Merge them!
Pnefc22, I just categorised some red-linked pages so that is why they have blue links now.

And keep up the good work, everyone.

Finally about the logo, I don't particulary mind Alan. Whatever you and others think. I assume you will come up with a nice idea. :D

I need ideas! :D
There is also 2 articles exactly the same - 1 called Manager Options and the other called Team Settings. Which is the most appropiate title so I shall delete the other.
Manager options ftw :thup:

With regards the logo, i would quite like it if it was the Football Manager logo with 'Wiki' written underneath, or something similar. Although not sure if we would be allowed to do that, but we need the site to look as respectable as possible imo.

Does anyone know how to do footnotes? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for that, couldn't figure out to do that

That works for me, even though I don't mind the current layout tbh.

Merge them!

I need ideas!

Manager options ftw :thup:

Ok, I've done all that except the nations categorisation. Personally I think it would be better to categorise the nations and delete the articles that contain the lists (unless those articles are going to contain more than just that). So if there is no objections I'll do that and just categorise the nations. :thup:

For the logo you could have the Football Manager 2009 logo without the background like was on the previous one and then put it on a different background and/or put something else in the foreground as well as logo. As you can see I am not very creative. ;):D

Neji's off making the logo, too late now. It's not like I didn't warn you all, I did mention it 3 times ;)

I said I did not mind. :D

I put the links to the categories in the banner if that is ok with everyone.

Small mac, have you looked at the user manual I linked further up?

I've finished all the pages I have permission for, Man City and Southend are now done.

I also have permission for Shakther, but if someone is already doing that I won't do it.

I'm off to bed, work tomorrow Night:)

Good night arsenal. :)

More great work you've done today. :thup:

By the way, thanks lads. :thup:

Small mac, have you looked at the user manual I linked further up?

Yeah i did Jod but for the life of me just couldn't get it working. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Bloomin internet took me off line for the past couple of hours so i guess everyone has gone now. Anyway will hopefully resume tomorrow if not i should be about on Sunday. Good work people! :D

Ok, small_Mac.

I just want to say what does everyone think of having links to all the current articles on the home page. I personally don't like it that way either due to the layout or the fact that it is going to quite difficult to lay it out neatly with the amount of articles as it grows. You can get to each article via the categories or can search at the moment so I don't think there would be any trouble navigating if all of them were not there.

Anyway so what does everyone think?

Have a look at my user page on the wiki now. What do people think of the home page looking something like that?

Have the start of the FM09 article and then the introduction of a selected article.

I did not put it on the home page as I don't want to make sweeping changes without the majority of people being happy with it even though I know the changes can be undone.

Have a look at my user page on the wiki now. What do people think of the home page looking something like that?

Have the start of the FM09 article and then the introduction of a selected article.

I did not put it on the home page as I don't want to make sweeping changes without the majority of people being happy with it even though I know the changes can be undone.

I like it jod :thup:

Looks a helluva a lot better than the front page that is up at the mo. It is just too cluttered and covered in links. Something like what you have got there is perfect IMO, succinct and, lets face it, pretty as well :p

Website is down

Are you sure? The wiki is not down for me.

I like it jod :thup:

Looks a helluva a lot better than the front page that is up at the mo. It is just too cluttered and covered in links. Something like what you have got there is perfect IMO, succinct and, lets face it, pretty as well :p

Thanks, there is one vote in favour. :D

Yeah and as I said above I don't like the list of links either. I find it really ugly to be honest and also it is harder to manage.

Also, as i can't register as my email is changing, can someone transfer my Wycombe Team Guide over to the new website and put it in the League 2 section.

Cheers in advance :thup::D

Hamilton162

You can register and the email field is optional.

You can edit it in when ever you want. :thup:

I am going to change the home page to what I have and see the whole reaction especially I got 2 in favour of my one and also rancer does not like the long list of links. I'll change it back if the majority are not happy.

I like it :thup:

But why isn't the main URL working?

Thanks.

It works for me but not actually clicking on the link. When on the wiki and I click on main page then it works with the main url in the browser.

If I click on the url above it does not.

Archived