Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edit my name out if you want from my articles.

I just thought that we had to add that at the end of each article to give credit to the maker.

No, that was only for writers of the GPTG club threads that gave Arsenal_2111 permission to use their club threads for the wiki.

People can see that you wrote the article by looking at the history page :thup:

Ok i'm going to start working on a Stadiums article. I think it is a good idea for any articles people decide to work on to put up a link on the homepage first to show people it's in the process of being done (as i've done with 'Stadiums' or like 'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon' for example). That way people don't have to search through this thread just to check what is under construction.

Can someone please do my editing for me as i need to create a new user and my email is down at the moment as i am switching supplier. Cheers to whoever does it in advance :thup::D

I'll get on it now then.

I've enabled uploads now :)

Thanks so much again JJay

Ok i'm going to start working on a Stadiums article. I think it is a good idea for any articles people decide to work on to put up a link on the homepage first to show people it's in the process of being done (as i've done with 'Stadiums' or like 'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon' for example). That way people don't have to search through this thread just to check what is under construction.

Good idea, I think we should stick to this :thup:

Ahmufcwafc, go to special pages, and there should be an upload file link in there. :thup:

Also regarding some discussion further yup to rename a page all you do is move the page.

Thanks again JJay. :thup:

Also glad to see more people getting involved.

Cheers JJay.

So I've run into another problem. I don't think this is the look we're going for. Any idea how to change the alignment of the image?

[[File:Example.jpg|none|caption]]
Change none to whatever alignment you want i.e. right, left or center.

If you want to put in a caption put it in as above.

Also you can specify a border, size and vertical alignment if you want.

Looks much better if you ask me :thup:

But why does it say we only have 15 English articles?

I think it does not consider stubs as articles. They need to be of a certain length to be articles I think.

Lay it out in a table as it looks neater, but with no lines. But if the lines have to be included, make them an attractive colour. Don't change it unless other people want it though

Yeah you can make a table without borders with this.

What links do people want in the banner?

Also would working with categories be easier especially as we add more articles.

They allow you to just specify a pages categories at the end of the article and they are automatically added to that category.

What links do people want in the banner?

I would like two team links in there if possible. The Lyon one is one of the better ones imo, as is either the Arsenal or Man Utd one. Would like two of them in if possible.

Also, here is the list of teams I have done. It's getting there!;

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2731495&postcount=4

EDIT: For Blue Square North/South, shall we have a seperate page for each or both on one page?

I will link it for you if you have posted it.

You go to the page you want to link it from and do a thing like this:

[[Lyon]]

I tried to figure this out earlier. Don't have a clue, it's all so complicated.
Guys, how do you do redirections? I've made Olympique Lyonnais' page, but want to make it so 'Lyon' redirects there. Any idea how?

For future reference, it is

#REDIRECT [[pagename]]

I've done the Lyon page for you as an example :)

How do I enable cookies for the site?

Enable Cookies in Mozilla Firefox

1. Click on Tools and select Options.

2. Click on the Privacy tab.

3. Under Cookies, ensure that Accept cookies from site is ticked.

4. Click OK.

5. Quit/exit Mozilla Firefox after you change settings and then re-start the application.

Enable Cookies in Internet Explorer

1. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.

3. Either:

* move the slider to Medium High, Medium, Low or Accept all cookies, or

* click on the Advanced button, select Override automatic cookie handling, then select Always allow session cookies.

4. Click OK.

5. Quit/exit Internet Explorer after you change settings and then re-start the application.

I would like two team links in there if possible. The Lyon one is one of the better ones imo, as is either the Arsenal or Man Utd one. Would like two of them in if possible.

Also, here is the list of teams I have done. It's getting there!;

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2731495&postcount=4

EDIT: For Blue Square North/South, shall we have a seperate page for each or both on one page?

I think if you have enough information to make it two good sized articles then they should be split otherwise keep them as one.

About the links in the banner, how would everyone feel if I created categories based on the current articles section on the home page?

I could then place links to the categories in the banner.

[[Category:Editing]] - If you put that at the end of your article it would add it to the Editing Category for example.

4. Click OK.

5. Quit/exit Mozilla Firefox after you change settings and then re-start the application.

3. Either:

* click on the Advanced button, select Override automatic cookie handling, then select Always allow session cookies.

4. Click OK.

5. Quit/exit Internet Explorer after you change settings and then re-start the application.

Thank you JJay.

If I could make a request please. Would one or a couple of you knowledgeable people perhaps consider putting together a little strategy on the best formations and tactics to use or what works well for you? Its so that those of us (such as me for example) who aren't too experienced at the game, can have a basic understanding and start to maybe be a little more successful, as I for one keep losing matches and it is really frustrating for me and im sure it is for a handful of others as well.

Many Thanks

4. Click OK.

3. Either:

4. Click OK.

Thank you JJay. I've edited the info on the Crewe page slightly to include a first choice 11.

If I could make a request please. Would one or a couple of you knowledgeable people perhaps consider putting together a little strategy on the best formations and tactics to use or what works well for you? Its so that those of us (such as me for example) who aren't too experienced at the game, can have a basic understanding and start to maybe be a little more successful, as I for one keep losing matches and it is really frustrating for me and im sure it is for a handful of others as well.

Many Thanks

Hopefully somebody with better tactical knowledge than me can do that. :D

I have created a Gameplay articles and put all the articles on the home page under that heading into it. Everyone ok with that?

I thought that was there before actaully, but it looks good

I've almost finished all of the clubs I have permission for.

Thanks. I meant a gameplay category rather than article. :rolleyes::D

Anybody got a better icon you want in the top left yet? :)

I was wondering why that just disappeared. :D

I think Neji is going to create one. Has he being asked?

I think that we should have a seperate page for them.

Shall I write a team guide for Redditch in the BSN?

I will be able to do it because I am maaging them and am in my third season so I have plenty of good advise for them.

Just a question, has anyone got a premium rapidshare account?

Many Thanks

I can do something about that. It will be at its best though once I have finished my 'Ultimate Tactic' thread.

Although, I say that I am quite good with tactics, normally.

'Regen Editing - How to add your own regen - Coming Soon

This one is mine :D

I think that it is an excellent idea so that we don't have people doing the same article twice.

I have added in some articles - pages.

I edited the Championship page ot make it look clearer and added some titles and stuff.

I created the BSN and BSS page.

I created the Ukranian High/Super League

I added the articles which I will create and put coming soon next to them to show people not to make these articles as they are being created.

Archived