Football Manager Wiki

Nope, just didn't think it made much sense. The sentence that is.

Ah, never noticed that. Football Manager related then?

Do we have a choice what to change it to? It'd be a shame to have a not so good page on there, or a page copied from Wiki. Thanks for adding it tho :)

We can change it. Are we happy with the Confederations Cup for now or do you think we shouldn't have another competition as our featured article?

I have changed the Selected Article to be a featured article each month. At present this is manual but in future could be automated if it felt appropriate.

Also - some feedback on whether an integrated IRC applet would be of any use for the wiki would be useful :) - http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:IRC_Chat

Just so I'm understanding correctly - it's basically a chat addon for the site, yes?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started a page for Leicester City. Is that better content wise? Obviously missing budgets, stadium info and suggested formation/signings which can be added at a later date.

Also for the screenshots for players, can they all be from the first season only please guys so that we know what they start the game like first then add some more at a later date.

Ah, never noticed that. Football Manager related then?

We can change it. Are we happy with the Confederations Cup for now or do you think we shouldn't have another competition as our featured article?

Just so I'm understanding correctly - it's basically a chat addon for the site, yes?

Yes mate - is it of any use?

As for the featured article - yes it is changeable and I only picked the Confed Cup out of the fact that it had an image and could easily be tested. At the moment, the choosing of articles is a manual process

Who put that? What was wrong with what I put?
Jammy changed it around a bit, just to freshen up the main page a bit. Surely nothing wrong with that?
Nope, just didn't think it made much sense. The sentence that is.

Like Alan said, that was me. It was worded quite badly, reading it again. :thup:

Confederations Cup is fine, although it may be best to try and keep it to pages that contain some FM information for next times?

Was just checking for the future though:)

That'd be quite good, might not get used much but would be a nice little add on :)

Just started a page for Leicester City. Is that better content wise? Obviously missing budgets, stadium info and suggested formation/signings which can be added at a later date.

Also for the screenshots for players, can they all be from the first season only please guys so that we know what they start the game like first then add some more at a later date.

That's alright now imo, obviously it will need adding to to make it more in touch with other team guides but yeah, that's fine :-)

By the way, player pages with accents are screwed up again. Priskin's page is called Tam�s Priskin and has no content - not sure what's happened here.

Yep, getting the same here. Maybe in future we should leave accents out of page titles?

Hm, when was that page created? It's not one that I've manually had to fix. The accent issue should now be fixed - but what has happened here is that as it has been fixed it doesn't understand the old link

The only affected articles therefore will be the ones created prior to the fix yesterday

I've applied the automatic fix (which will now only cause the profiles we moved manually to be out of sync) to sort out EVERY character problem there was - this has fixed all the profiles with accents. The empty profiles should now be back

I could have done this yesterday - would have saved the problems today which I didn't forsee!

Personally I think you should just show the best from each category.

Clubs -

Competitions -

Nations -

Players -

Non-Players -

Gameplay -

Skinning -

Technical -

Stadia -

Editing -

Game Releases -

Miscellaneous -

I'll leave that one empty in case anyone else want to suggest some.

Clubs - Arsenal

Competitions - I like Serie A, but I'm biased

Nations - Wales

Players - Maybe one of the ones that were redone? Fabregas, Priskin, I'm not sure what other ones were done

Non-Players - Not sure if there is one that has FM info?

Gameplay - So many to choose from, either Tactics, Training or Assembling a good team maybe?

Skinning - Skins is the obvious choice

Technical - Tips on making PC faster

Stadia - All the same layout no? So just pickany team

Editing - Either EDT, DDT and LNC Files or WeeGiE

Game Releases - FM09, FMH and FML

Miscellaneous - Steam maybe? Not too many to choose from.

Just saw the ones there - all of them seem fine too, but I think we need a couple more.

Maybe 10 altogether? Not sure which ones are the best from them, I reckon

1. Regens

2. Takeovers

3. Skins

4. Steam

5. Tactics

6. Training

7. Assembling a good team...

8. (what people think the best team guide is)

9. (what people think the best competition guide is)

10. (what people think the best player guide is)

As for the contentsbox, I don'tthink you can.

1. Regens - Done

2. Takeovers - Done

3. Skins - Done

4. Steam - Not enough content imo.

5. Tactics - Possibly, might be lacking in a bit of content

6. Training - Agreed.

7. Assembling a good team... - Agreed

8. (what people think the best club guide is)

9. (what people think the best competition guide is)

10. (what people think the best player guide is)

For the miscellaneous page, I'd go for the page on SI over Steam.

I think the page on EDT files etc should be included as well.

I *think* the whole of the Arsenal page is original, and think Kevin Doyle, Fabregas and Priskin are the only player ones with completely original work. Then most competition guides that aren't big walls of text are original. So I'm not sure on this one.

Fabregas is well known so he may be a good one? Or if you think theres a better player that could go on there I'll write up a guideto him.

Any chance one of you guys could create a page on player compensation?

Like where you approach to sign and it says 'Team X must be compensated with Y amount of money possibly rising to Z'

Not sure if its always the same, but my last one was Y upfront followed by 100k per appearance for the next 40 games, with 15% sell-on clause

Any chance one of you guys could create a page on player compensation?

Like where you approach to sign and it says 'Team X must be compensated with Y amount of money possibly rising to Z'

Not sure if its always the same, but my last one was Y upfront followed by 100k per appearance for the next 40 games, with 15% sell-on clause

Does the compensation in the game work like that? I always thought you just paid out one big fee and that was it. And I thought it was random. I could be wrong though, anyone feel free to correct me.

It was until 09, when the Bostock transfer made them update things. I think I'll mention that on Bostock's page, actually. I did with the "sign young Brazilian in the future" thing on Pato's page :)

The Atletico Madrid page is dodgy, it says Atlético Madrid

Thought I'd give you the heads up

Thanks, it should be fixed now. We've had some trouble with page titles with accents on them lately, for some reason they keep getting screwed up like that.

The following player images will be missing - if you need them then it would be an idea to upload them (preferably on to imageshack and link or similar to save a bit of space):

Dean Ashton

Correa

Breno

Juan Forlin

Papa Gueye

Vakhit Orazsakhedov

Giovanni Dos Santos

Anton Kozlov

Marquinhos

Clayton Ince

Edin Dzeko

Manuel Pellegrini

I also note that the following images are missing too :(

Steam-editor-done.jpg

The_FA.jpg

ChampionshipManager03-04Box.jpg

Fm2006cover.jpg

USOpenCupLogo.jpg

Rummenigge.gif

That should be them all :)

Exams finished now :D Over 3 months free, I should be able to get some articles done at some point.

Shameless gloating and thread bumping :thdn:

;)

On an unrelated note, maybe we should stick a stub tag on all player profiles that have no FM related content yet?

Would be a good idea Alan IMO. The Graphics Pack page should be up fairly soon, i only have 1 exam left on 30th June plus 2 more weeks of school after that :)

It should be up within the next week but i just haven't had time to work on it recently with Eng + Design Coursework and essays :(

Just thought I would come on here for a look, and I just had a look at the wiki and I saw quite surprised how it has massively improved since the last time I saw it.

Credit to everyone who has contributed. Keep up the fantastic work. :thup:

Archived