Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fwiw, I thought that the forum and wiki together on the wiki 2 looked unprofessional.

Surely it wouldn't hurt replacing the empty "Community Portal" with a link to the forum, no?

Just a few thoughts:

1. As above, delete the community portal sidebar and replace it with a link to the forum.

2. What about a featured content page? I think it'd be a good way of promoting our best pages.

3. Delete the privacy policy and disclaimer links on the main page. They don't have any content and are utterly useless imho.

4. Do you think we should have some competitions? When signing us up as an official affiliate, Joe from SEGA told me that one of the benefits was that we'd be eligible to get some merchandise to raffle off. Looking at posts in the affiliates forum, they have some pretty cool stuff - free copies of FM09 are the most valuable prizes we can get in. I realise it's not very wiki-like to run competitions, but it might generate some interest if we ran a competition every quarter or half of a year.

Thoughts? Any other ideas on the layout of the main page would be welcome.

Surely it wouldn't hurt replacing the empty "Community Portal" with a link to the forum, no?

Just a few thoughts:

1. As above, delete the community portal sidebar and replace it with a link to the forum.

2. What about a featured content page? I think it'd be a good way of promoting our best pages.

3. Delete the privacy policy and disclaimer links on the main page. They don't have any content and are utterly useless imho.

4. Do you think we should have some competitions? When signing us up as an official affiliate, Joe from SEGA told me that one of the benefits was that we'd be eligible to get some merchandise to raffle off. Looking at posts in the affiliates forum, they have some pretty cool stuff - free copies of FM09 are the most valuable prizes we can get in. I realise it's not very wiki-like to run competitions, but it might generate some interest if we ran a competition every quarter or half of a year.

Thoughts? Any other ideas on the layout of the main page would be welcome.

1. May as well, having links that don't work look very messy imo. Links should only be used when they link somewhere.

2. Yeah, I like that idea. Would have to extend some articles a lot to make them suitable though.

3. Haven't seen them, can't access the site atm. I'm sure it'll work again soon.

4. I like this idea - even if we only got a few entries it would be worth it. What other prizes are there, bar the game? I don't have access to the affiliates forum :( I reckon do one, make it last three months and if it goes well do another one. It'd also give us an idea of how many people actually use the wiki.

How would people enter the competition? The hotmail would work fine, but I reckon we need an fmwiki@sigames.com address tbh ;)

Yeah, I like that idea. Would have to extend some articles a lot to make them suitable though.

Surely we have enough decent articles as it is to fill a page?

I like this idea - even if we only got a few entries it would be worth it. What other prizes are there, bar the game? I don't have access to the affiliates forum :( I reckon do one, make it last three months and if it goes well do another one. It'd also give us an idea of how many people actually use the wiki.

How would people enter the competition? The hotmail would work fine, but I reckon we need an fmwiki@sigames.com address tbh ;)

Completely agree. I'll try to sort out something regarding an email domain soon.

A mug, pack of cards and a t-shirt were the prizes iirc.

thanks for the reply arsenal but i recently finished my man utd game got bored after 15 seasons tbh lol and wanna start another game, im not the best manager round here far from it so i want someoe that is a challenge but a do able challenge and in the prem tbh. i wanted to look at all the bedgets lol guess ill have to wait =[

Hopefully it'll be back up later tonight Josh, but it all depends on whether JJay comes back online. I know he's living in a different timezone so it mightn't be back up soon - not sure really.

On a side note, I never even knew that we had a list of transfer budgets. That's pretty cool.

Any ideas on how long it will take Alan?

None. I've been pestering JJay for the last day or so but he can't fix it. We have to wait for some guy to come online so he can fix it. Problem is that I don't have a clue when he's coming online. :(

Ok guys,

Sorry about the delay but it's taken me a couple of days to track down Chris who I needed to speak to.

Good news is that nothing has been lost as it has all been backed up - but Chris accidently deleted the folder containing the wiki files (which does not effect any of the database).

I am in the process of moving that on to a server of its own now as it has grown so quickly

With regards to footballmanagerwiki.co.uk email addresses, do you want a redirect email or a POP3 email address? The difference being that the redirect emails allow people to email it and that email goes to your normal email address - you can use these for MSN too. A POP3 inbox stores mails on the server and you can access these by a webmail portal or Outlook.

I would prefer to give out redirect email addresses and that can be done easily :) If you want one then PM the name you want and I'll sort that out :)

Sorry again about the unexpected downtime - it should be up again in the next 24 hours or so :)

yes but like what could u gain all the facts are in the game

If someone wants to just dabble in FM a few times a week, then they probably won't need any help from the Wiki. They'll not particularly care about when new youth players are created in France, they'll probably not care about how to keep your club in a healthy financial state and they won't particularly care about how to make the most out of a Commercial Feeder Club.

If however, you're a serious FM gamer, then the Wiki is a very good source of information collated and explained by seasoned FM veterans :D

Oh dear, we've been doing this site for so long, and there is no point.

To answer seriously, because it was good question, the wiki shows a mix between unportrayed facts and community opinion. The facts that you see are either:

- Not in the game or

- Hard to find in the game

The rest is mainly user opinion that people use when playing the game. The community builds up opinions and strategys when playing the game and some of our pages reflect the more popular.

We also have a wide array of things that we think the readers would find interesting. Things like the:

- Challenges

- History

- Issues

, are all things that we believe the readers would be interested to learn about.

Database has been restored 100%. Mediawiki will be updated to latest version - the only thing that I'm now awaiting is for Chris to forward me the files he deleted so I can upload the old images folder so we get all those back :)

As for email addresses - I've only been asked by Alan for one

Database has been restored 100%. Mediawiki will be updated to latest version - the only thing that I'm now awaiting is for Chris to forward me the files he deleted so I can upload the old images folder so we get all those back :)

As for email addresses - I've only been asked by Alan for one

So can we have more than one? Is it only admins who get them?

Good to hear it will be up soon :)

Archived