The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Neil Purvis:

I'm guessing whatever airline they crashed with gave them free flying passes for life or something as part of compensation.

Not sure how you could think Jack's back before his dad died.

Well he has a prescription written by is father. As I mentioned it was one of two options. To be honest it was more wishful thinking. The more I think about flash forwards the less I like the idea of the next season.

Yes it does it.

Jack 'Thats Doctor Christian Shepard, I'm Jack Shepard. He's my father'

Chemist 'I'll have to give your father a call'

Jack ' He is out of town'

Chemist ' Well someone from his office....'

Jack [sLAMS DESK] Forget it.

Just from memory ofcourse. Also I'm pretty sure he is just tripping out but still to have two father references.

They've laid out that there will be 3 seasons of 16 but we dont really know at which point that whole Jack Flash-Forward thing happened. I think people are assuming it's somewhere near the end of the entire thing. Could well be in next season or more likely the 6th season. He could get off and go back before the whole thing is wrapped up at the end. In theroy anyway.

Also, there it's likely that time or the bending of time is gonna be a part of the whole thing. Bloke that doesnt age, Desmond's flash back thing and maybe 100 days on the islands isnt neccessarily 100 days in "normal" time. Maybe that's why no one came .... in "real time" they've only been missing a short time (?)

Anyway, we know Claire must also get off as Desmond "saw it" and that's all destiny, etc. If you deny it then it will 'cause correct' so surely Claire is one of those that gets off the island at some point anyway.

Look forward to this but wont be able to watch it until all 8 are finished and i get my brother to send them to me.

Only 8 episodes cause of the strike but i think they said that by the end of the 8th it's so happened that's not a bad part in the story and wont be all weird and lop sided as an end point before the next 8 are done

Wasnt there a weird thing when he was at the hospital as well. That new doctor was talking with him, he was wasted and Jack said something like "shall we go and get my Dad and see who's worse" or words to that effect ?

I think the other doctor kinda looked at him weird and pathetic though.

Yeah I was just proving there are infact two father reference in that flash forward. But saying his father is dead could be jumping the gun. We saw him walking around the island early in the show, obviously Jack imagination but still... He will probably feature again as a flash back I would assume, all be it being dead as we speak.

So my guess is something like this.

Rescue team land within first one or two episodes of next season. Probably end of first episode. Claire and baby get on helicopter (like desmond saw) also a few others maybe rose and the dentist, possibly jack and kate but I doubt it. The survivors are then waiting for the helicopter to return for more people. It doesn't ....

Also can people confirm what they know about Jacob.

I picked up on a good line yesterday

Ben and the russian are talking on the walkie talkie ben says 'you have always been a loyalist' referring to the russians belief in jacob. Ben goes onto say that what he is doing is right and Jacob has told him to do it. Also when the russian talks to the two girls in the looking glass one of them mentions that she has faith in jacob thats why she didnt question the orders.

My guess is that when richard first spotted ben and ben told him about the visions he new he was very special. Things have went from there and some how ben is the only one in communication with Jacob. The fact we hear jacob asking locke for help makes me think Ben's days as leader are long gone.

Also strange that when locke needed help Walt appearer to 'motivate' him into gettin up. But somehow locke made his father appear for real, walt was obviously a vision where as lockes father was real. Or possibly Ben made the father appear in the hope locke couldn't kill therefore would look weak infront of everyone.

Originally posted by Razzler:

Wasnt there a weird thing when he was at the hospital as well. That new doctor was talking with him, he was wasted and Jack said something like "shall we go and get my Dad and see who's worse" or words to that effect ?

I think the other doctor kinda looked at him weird and pathetic though.

His dad is dead. The end.

I do think he's dead but something happens between now and that event off the island that makes Jack even more loopy about his Dad. He said that to the other doctor and the pathetic look he gave him seemed one of a "let it go, you nutter" but they obviously chucked it in to cause rumour as his Dad intersects other characters lives.

The mainifestations on the islands are not really the people they see but something to do with the black smoke and being able to see 'what you want' (Ben went on about this) on the island for me although the whole empty coffin thing lends itself to more rumour

I’m not sure if Ben is actually in communication with Jacob as he seemed pretty freaked out when Locke said he’d spoken to him.

I got the feeling that he used to 'speak' with him but now not so much (didnt he say he didnt speak with him now or something?).

I think he was freaked Locke heard him maybe cause Ben doesnt now. Maybe this originally led to Ben being in charge of the Hostiles to begin with (choosen) ? Maybe Locke is now "choosen" as he can hear the "great" Jacob ? The rest of the Others waited around to see him after he came back from that thing with his Dad.

Although, mention was made of Jacob's list in earlier season so someone must have speaking with him. There was some kind of dust outside the hut where they met Jacob as well.

Have to re-watch series 3 before i get into 4, i reckon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Hope we find out more stuff about the island this season. Stuff like Jacob, the black smoke, and the 'healing powers'.

+ the big stone foot as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that too, know there are probably a couple more things I missed.

Interestingly, I saw an episode of Family Guy the other day where Quagmire gets married and Peter gets him the foot of the statue of liberty and it looked exactly the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Hope we find out more stuff about the island this season. Stuff like Jacob, the black smoke, and the 'healing powers'.

Could that perhaps be the Ruins that Ben was on about to Richard at the end of series 3?

I think he said to take all of the others there.

Originally posted by antbanach II:

Did we ever find out about that room and all the stuff in it where that Carl guy was in where he had those glasses on and was forced to watch that clip where it said stuff like "Jacob Loves You" and other weird phrases?

There was a reference to it in the finale. Ben did that to try and stop carl getting his 'daughter' pregnant and the her obviously dying. I'm guessing it has been set up before because surely other people would not of been believers at first.

Interesting is Juliette a believer? I guess not if she constantly wants to leave the island. Unless that is a ploy from ben to let her gain jacks trust. People are willing to live in the looking glass for the cause but she decided he work was done on the island.

Ben was in full conversation with Jacob in front of Locke. Unless that was fake.

He talking to him but i dont think he heard anything Jacob said did he ? Have to re-watch it.

The fact Ben led Locke to the ditch and shot him made me think he feels threatened by Locke being able to hear Jacob. Not why he didnt finish the job though tbh

Originally posted by sean_oc16:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

And that too, know there are probably a couple more things I missed.

Interestingly, I saw an episode of Family Guy the other day where Quagmire gets married and Peter gets him the foot of the statue of liberty and it looked exactly the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The statue had four toes. From what I read the only statue of that size in history was a statue of mu which was on a suken continent. I read this through a link on another forum. It tend to imply that life has been on the Island BC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ben was in full conversation with Jacob in front of Locke. Unless that was fake.

He talking to him but i dont think he heard anything Jacob said did he ? Have to re-watch it.

The fact Ben led Locke to the ditch and shot him made me think he feels threatened by Locke being able to hear Jacob. Not why he didnt finish the job though tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt he is threatened. He was already because locke is healed. But he did say 'I can't hear you jacob, when he is speaking' or something similar. I'm pretty sure there was a conversation between the two. Ben said 'what' when locke was talking ie- both were talking to ben at the same time. It was shot from lockes pespective because we didn't hear jacob till locke did.

All this discussion made me go back to watch through the looking glass again, now at the end of the first part when John 'sees' Walt and Walt tells him to get up Locke asks why and wat tells him he has work to do.

Is this work just stopping people leaving the Island or is it more?

Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

Jack and Kate scene near airport.

'I've been playing a lot, you know those golden passes they gave us'

Just goes on about wanting to get back etc etc. I just don't get the whole golden pass comment. Who gave it to him, the rescue team he spoke to in the last island team?

I'm sure if you were involved in a huge plane crash and wasn't found for so long the airline in question would be fairly generous to you.

Something I just picked up on having rewatched all the seasons so far. Just a continunity (?) error but intersting maybe (you probably all know it anyway):

In season 1, Charlie says a few times that he can't swim at all, but in season 3 he says he is the best swimmer (as he was swimming down to the underwater sub thing)

When Mikhail blows open the window in the room where Charlie enters the code, why doesn't Charlie just swim out of it and up to the surface?

He's already entered the code and disabled the jamming signal so it seems pointless to stay in there while it floods just because Des says he saw it.

He'd kinda accepted that he'd die hadnt he ? That even if he avoids it the universe will cause correct and get him another way or another. Desmond had told him he couldnt keep saving him before.

I vagulely remember the Charlie not swimming thing. Must be continuity. Usually they're pretty sharp on that stuff

Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Something I just picked up on having rewatched all the seasons so far. Just a continunity (?) error but intersting maybe (you probably all know it anyway):

In season 1, Charlie says a few times that he can't swim at all, but in season 3 he says he is the best swimmer (as he was swimming down to the underwater sub thing)

Wasn't that a lie from Charlie to make sure he would be the one to goto the underwater sub? I seem to remember Desmond asking Charlie just before they head out how good a swimmer he really is or something like that and Charlie saying it doesn't matter.

Still doesn't make sense to me that he would do that when he had a perfectly good chance to escape though. Of course he's going to die, just because Des told him so hardly means it wouldn't have happened anyway.

And on the whole thing about him not swimming I think he lied so he could go down because Des told him to.

I watched the S4 trailer and some of the deleted scenes from S3 on YouTube last night. I'll warn you;

THE SEAOSN FOUR TRAILER CONTAINS BIG SPOILERS

I mean, they're not totally out of the blue but they do confirm a suspicion (which will probably be revealed in S4/E1 anyway), but... you know, be warned.

Cannot wait. Hoping to watch S2+3 in the next two weeks.

Archived