Have I mastered this game now (FM08)?

Well I'm beginning to look for my next gen Keirrison, if I get someone young enough about 16/17 capable of stepping in then I'll be able to have a player who can match Smylie in the long run lol, I might have to move to a backwater league after getting scout updates of the best talent around from my stoke scouts lol. Either that or use my 400m to move Stoke into the said country and enter them there lol. Keirrison will match that before he retires, but obviously Smylie has 5-6 years before he becomes woeful - thats at least one curse of FM08 lol, you'll be lucky to have a decent player by the time hes 31.

Although seeing how I kept Beckham on in the first team until he was 40 with good performances, who knows maybe I can get the same from Keirrison lol.

Keirrison is going to leave Wallace in the dust though, Smylie is the only one who'll be his competition lol, 18 months and he's ahead of Wallace, Smylie's natural fitness is only 13 so he's unlikely to be playable at those ages lol. Suppose it being NI means you don't need as high a quality of player, Sergio Aguero had to be dropped when he was 30 for me on FM08 he went into massive decline at 28 lol.

27 goals lol, Keirrison if he's still playing should be capable than more of that at the same age, all he will need to do is just stand there and finish it when someone puts it on his foot for him, with midfielders hitting 30+ assists a season anyone could turn them in if they had decent finishing lol. Must have been like watching a pensioner on the pitch though with Wallace on the ball lol.

Put in a herculean shift though in that game, I'm only 14 years behind lol, now to start a 14 year unbeaten run in the league lol.

27 goals lol, Keirrison if he's still playing should be capable than more of that at the same age, all he will need to do is just stand there and finish it when someone puts it on his foot for him, with midfielders hitting 30+ assists a season anyone could turn them in if they had decent finishing lol. Must have been like watching a pensioner on the pitch though with Wallace on the ball lol.

Put in a herculean shift though in that game, I'm only 14 years behind lol, now to start a 14 year unbeaten run in the league lol.

Only 30 assists. lmao - You have a long way to go my man. A long way.

Assists.jpg

It feels good to be great :D

I used to get 60 - 70 assists on FM08 but the assists are more spread through the team with the tactic I use now, basically its 10 men supporting the one goalscorer. Rather than there being one main creative outlet and a couple of goalscorers etc. Basically it means my team can afford to lose more or less any player and still play very well. Keirrison will hopefully beat 200 goals this season though.

Here goes the season of truth, I've spent about 3 hours working on this pre-season to try and maximise my team, read through the tactic guides, and looked to pick up as much insight as I can lol. Knockbreda won't hold a candle to stoke after this year! (I hope)

Haha, Good luck. It may ake me break trend and actually start scouting the world, rather than relying on my YOUTH TEAM to set up smylies goals. (Currently have 10 players of the Line up (+ Bench) from my youth team)

If I tried to get better players, then He'll smash anything you can ever do.

I should really try too. I won the Champions League 2 years ago, (for the first time ever) - and haven't come close since. Also, I will do something similar in FM09. Watch this space.

Oh, just 1 other thing. I looked at your Tactic thread, to see whats going on there, and noticed you rarely keep a clean sheet. Smylie gets all his goals AND my GK has an excellent CS record. Just to rub it in a little, here are the key league only stats.

Games Played : 275

Goals Conceded : 102

Clean Sheets : 198

With his best single season reading

Games Played : 29

Goals Conceded : 6

Clean Sheets : 25

Who can match me :cool:

Haha, Good luck. It may ake me break trend and actually start scouting the world, rather than relying on my YOUTH TEAM to set up smylies goals. (Currently have 10 players of the Line up (+ Bench) from my youth team)

If I tried to get better players, then He'll smash anything you can ever do.

I should really try too. I won the Champions League 2 years ago, (for the first time ever) - and haven't come close since. Also, I will do something similar in FM09. Watch this space.

Oh, just 1 other thing. I looked at your Tactic thread, to see whats going on there, and noticed you rarely keep a clean sheet. Smylie gets all his goals AND my GK has an excellent CS record. Just to rub it in a little, here are the key league only stats.

Games Played : 275

Goals Conceded : 102

Clean Sheets : 198

With his best single season reading

Games Played : 29

Goals Conceded : 6

Clean Sheets : 25

Who can match me :cool:

Are you making tac for FM09

I'm never a fan of a solid defence, I prefer to score loads even if I concede loads - and despite my dodgy defence I've only lost 1 league game in about 80 or so league games, and now I've just brought in a veteran Sebastien Frey in to Stoke to sure up the back line, the defence is also getting older which means they're improving (18 year old full backs are only so good lol) and I would rely on my youth system but despite being at full rating for 4 years its never produced a player with more than 2 star potential which isn't good enough lol.

But if I have to push you to get more out of Smylie it will just get me to push my team harder, if I had the patience I'd start over with Knockbreda to see who could get them performing better but I don't have NI active on this save and don't fancy going back to 2008 lol.

Are you making tac for FM09

I'm trying. But its quite apparent that I suck at FM09 :D

Lloris had 33 clean sheets for me in one season, that’s only in the league.

Much luv NepentheZ.

Haha. I only play 30 league games per season. Overall Clean Sheets in a season is 43 :p

No doubt Nepen is now scouring his game for the season where his keeper got more lol.

:D

I'm not saying I'm the greatest in all areas. But god damn I'm close..!!

I'll just throw out another stupid record for you all to wish you could do.

Most goals in a match by 1 player.

Andrew Smylie. 15 goals.

Thank you and good night :D

Keirrison has 8 (against Villa) so far, but I've not been fortunate enough to get a really bad team in the league or FA cup for years. If I do then I think he could beat it lol. My 20 year old keeper got 16 clean sheets last season, considering he doesnt hit his peak for another 11 years I think he can get close to 30 lol.

Quite amusing, this thread has been sustained from my tongue in cheek remark that I must be an FM09 master for winning 22 league games without losing lol. But still, I doubt I'll beat Lloris' clean sheets but I can beat Smylies' goals I reckon. :D

What kind of master of FM08 concedes 13 goals in the group stages!?!?! I'm heartbroken Nepenthez, its all been lies and deception! Lol.

There isn't even that many teams in my league that causes me problems anymore, now all the good managers have retired lol.

Nepenthez your record with Smylie is safe for now... Real Madrid have just hijacked Keirrison from me. Well in January they will (and I'm fuming because its only 6m upfront).

I will rebuild, and I will come back stronger in a season or so lol. I've signed 10 more scouts and got them searching the world for young strikers lol. My new chairman is ******** though seriously, last one gave me the say in a 167m bid, this one accepted a 140m bid and I'm 200m richer than the time since the last one came in.

Nepenthez your record with Smylie is safe for now... Real Madrid have just hijacked Keirrison from me. Well in January they will (and I'm fuming because its only 6m upfront).

I will rebuild, and I will come back stronger in a season or so lol. I've signed 10 more scouts and got them searching the world for young strikers lol. My new chairman is ******** though seriously, last one gave me the say in a 167m bid, this one accepted a 140m bid and I'm 200m richer than the time since the last one came in.

Dude, face it, you wont beat little Andy S's record, if your playing in a major european league, it will be extremely difficult to get a 1000 or so goals out of one player in his playing career. Nepen is playing in a poor standard of league, where goals can come aplenty, its a league where sloppy football is the main style of play.

And to be honest, you could maybe get that record, if you used the corner bug, but that would be plain cheating:D

When Keirrison leaves in January, he will have over 900 goals (844 at the start of the season, already got 50 in November) to his name, at the age of 28 when he leaves, only having 7 and a half years at the club. No use of corner bugs etc, just a tactic that sets one man up to score all the goals lol. If I can find another good striker, there is every chance I will beat it, Smylie's record is 228 or something, Keirrison managed 160 and according to the threads I've read his PA isn't a 180 - 200 one, so providing I can cultivate another striker Keirrison may be on borrowed time as my best ever goalscorer lol.

Archived