Dave's Guide to League Swap/Super Leagues

Dave Fairbairn

Can anyone suggest a league with which to switch the Australian one that has promotion/relegation (in FM) and a foreign player cap that's not too restrictive (or non existant?)

I tried the Turkish league, and while it gave the required number of teams and foreign players, there was issues in translation. So, what other leagues (other than English, Italy, France, and Spain) would work?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Austalia, I've got no idea really.

For Scotland, you could try France. It means you'll need to put 8 Highland League teams(there's quite a few good ones anyhow) into the 3rd(or the second, if you wanna call the first the Premier) but as long as you follow my instructions completely it works.

Restricts all first div teams to 4 non-EU and all second and third to 2 non-EU, but really I don't think I've seen any non-EU in the Scottish lowers... Well, Berwick has that American guy, but he's American/English and is kinda pants, too.

Yes and no. 1 gets relegated from the Premier League, 1 gets automatically relegated and 1 enters a playoff from Division One and Two. However, no one gets relegated from Division Three.

Keep in mind if you decide to use Scotland: It needs at least 16 teams in the league called "A Lower Division"(this is just a generic league for nations that don't have a lower division, but a few countries like England, Scotland and Portugal use it for non-league teams which cannot be promoted but are entered into cups) as it uses these for the Scottish Cup first round.

42(plus another 16 in "A Lower Division") is what's needed.

Don't worry about the quality of the teams, as in reality, except a chosen few(generally Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and maybe a couple others) are really worth anything in real life.

Especially in the Second Division and below, where the teams are semi-pro with low attendances.

I changed the aussie clubs with Scottish ones and done everything you have said with the club histories, nationalities etc. but my game crashes after a month.

Do i need to change the histories and nationalities of the Scottish clubs i put in the a-league?

I found that, when I switched Australia with Turkey, I also had to have Turkey as an active game area for it to work. But that seemed to be brought about mainly from the fact that there were both Turkish and Australian clubs being drafted into the Australian Cup

Ok I have found a minor detail that is wrong with the database i made, when i goto my clubs fixture screen there are no fixtures there even though the season draw has already been made and i have alread played a league game.Would anyone know what is wrong with my db and what todo to fix it.

Hey i am swapping Scotland with Germany now as doing it with England is a bit much. Anyway i am almost done, my main problems are:

1. In the regional leagues North/South teams get relegated and no-one comes up.

2. The League Cup in the first season is done with German teams but in 2nd season it is done with Scottish teams

Any help appreciated, Cheers icon14.gif

i cant edit league and cup names anymore?

can someone help me create a latvian league

LMT Virsliga

Traffic 1. Liga

Traffic 2. Liga

if possible 3.Liga

and Latvijas Kauss (latvian Cup)

i know its a heck of a favour but a blank one will do fine, i mean no need to add and change teams.

Cos ive been trying to make one for bout 4 months now and i keep on messing it up. Cheers for help

Crazee, I am going to assume that you never bothered doing the TLA swap. If you followed the guide completely, you wouldn't have such problems.

As for Leante's problem, you need to go to editor options and choose "Load All Languages" before loading the database, as league names(and all other names except players) are in the language database.

Thanks for every1s help i finally done it and i am so chuffed (im amazed easily) just one thing ive swapped slovakia with latvia. But for Latvian players i get a Latvian flag but SVK instead of LVA as an abbreviation.

any help on changing that round?

You can't unfortunately.

The three letter name is how the game works out which league belongs to which nation. If you changed it back it would assume the league belongs to Slovakia again and cause errors.

Although this rule only applies to English lanaguage, if you play the game in Latvian language, you could just put it back as LVA for Latvian, as long as it is SVK for English.

I managed to edit the Israeli league, swapping US teams into it so I could create a US two-division super league. It's worked well for the past few seasons, so I guess it'll work.

I'm glad, too. lol

Hi guys. We've managed to create Polish 3rd League while swapping it with Portuguese Divisions. The problem is that when changing TLA's (POL/POR) when loading game it exits to windows with critical error, but when leaving TLA's (Poland has POR) it runs correctly. Has any1 had such problem and solved it?

Portugal requires that you have over 60(not sure on the exact number, but I think it is 64) teams in the league called "A Lower Division"(a generic league which serves for holding teams which are of an unknown lower league, generally ones not included in the game) for use in the Portugal Cup.

The game is crashing because there aren't enough teams from Poland in "A Lower Division", it might be a bit of a struggle, as I don't know how many teams Poland has, so if it is less than Portugal it might cause some problems.

If you find you can't get enough teams, you could just make some up since teams from this division cannot be promoted and are just used for cup games.

If I swap leagues and want to load all the players from a country. Which country do I choose from the load all screen?

Lets say I have swapped Belgian & USA Leaues. The USA League is now "BEL" nationality with the "USA Flag" and the opposite for Belgian leagues which is now "USA" nationality with "Belgian Flag".

ok, fixed that.

I have a couple of issues with my swap. I have replaced the Belgian leagues 1-4 with all USA teams changing everything you noted. I have succesfully played through 2011 with no crashes. But the problem I have is there are no transfers, lots of free transfers but 0 cash for player transfers.

The only thing I have not done is (correctly) fill the USA leagues with Belgian clubs. I have yet to do this because I dont intend to have this league active. Do I have to do this?

Also, lots of the fourth division teams have 0 players. Should I edit these clubs to have a full roster?

Actually, this isn't a problem with your league swap.

This is a problem with the USA. As it has strange transfer rules which are all connected to the MLS, if you swap the teams around it won't work properly.

You could change all teams to Canada to get around it, if you don't mind the effect it will have(Canadian youth players and stuff) on your game.

I haven't really had any experience with the editor but decided to try to make a league of all the best teams in Europe. So I swapped the Premiership teams with the team I wanted in there and changed their financial settings to what I wanted etc. I also edited Portsmouth into my indoor team and put the players I play with in their team. I just did a practice run to see if it would work at all and it seemed to but I only went about a week in.

I was just wondering if there is any way to stop teams getting relegated from the prem/promoted from the championship.

What do the last division and last position options mean?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I try to perfect it. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Last division and postion are exactly what they say. What division and position they finished last time.

And no, there's no way to stop promotion/relegation. If you want to do that, use Scotland, South Korea or Holland where this happens by default.

Crazee, I am going to assume that you never bothered doing the TLA swap. If you followed the guide completely, you wouldn't have such problems.

I have done that and still have same problem. I bet it is something simple that i have missed.

Thanks for help Dave icon14.gif

I've read through the thread so forgive my ignorance, but I'm looking for a bit of advice here. I'd like to change the Scottish Leagues so I have maybe 2 or 3 divisions, tops, with a Premier League larger than two. I'm not sure though if this is possible, as I'm not sure what country set up I'd need to change this with. Sorry for seeming lazy, but has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Also, if I did the above would I need to swap the cup competitions from Scotland with the other countries cup competitions?

It is possible to create a league for san marino even though none of the teams are in a league.

i think they are all in a premier division.

i have tried it b4, everything worked, except there were no fixtures sheduled for the season?

Hey guys I was just wondering if someone could maybe help me with a slight issue I have with the Editor.... Basically I created some players,a new team and stadium....

I decided to load up a new game to see how everything turned out but lo and behold....NO ENGLAND TO CHOOSE

I basically had put my team Academy United FC. to play in League Two...i loaded up and ran another league just to see if my team was there...it was,but i couldn't choose England to play in....

I then realised that League Two consisted of 24 rather than 25 team(i didn't take a team out) so I then took out Torquay and non-leagued them so League Two had 24 teams again....still no success...no England to choose

Then I realised I didn't have Reserve team so I made one,gave them a stadium and everything...still no success.....

Please help...tell me what I'm doing wrong....

• 2 weeks later...

Would this work with swapping teams from North American into the English leagues. Upon count, at quick glance, I think that if you took all the available playable/non-playable teams in NA, you could cover the entire English requirements. Any ideas Dave or anyone?

Archived