FMS Community Thread

Raptor

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember a story that was on here called something like "New Era in Madrid", and it had gazillions of reads, written by smithaldo. It was very average, and I say that with much love icon_wink.gif

Just interesting that a) it apparently had an extraordinarily large number of views and b) it was ignored by the awards.

Sorry for mentioning but it was bugging me in a tiny way. I always wondered why it had so many reads. Had anybody else noticed it?

Sorry for the random question but are we due another challenge soon? It seems a while since BobBev's BRC. Maybe I'm getting forgetful in my old age but I just wanted to make sure

Originally posted by sherm:

Sorry for the random question but are we due another challenge soon? It seems a while since BobBev's BRC. Maybe I'm getting forgetful in my old age but I just wanted to make sure

Not yet no. Leaving it for a while to see what happens. The response to the last set of challenges was abysmal.

Originally posted by irishregan:

Does anyone remember a story that was on here called something like "New Era in Madrid", and it had gazillions of reads, written by smithaldo. It was very average, and I say that with much love icon_wink.gif

Just interesting that a) it apparently had an extraordinarily large number of views and b) it was ignored by the awards.

Sorry for mentioning but it was bugging me in a tiny way. I always wondered why it had so many reads. Had anybody else noticed it?

The last post by the author was on October 9th and the last response was on October 25th. It's not that far down the page you know.

I thought it was quite a well-written story, but there did appear to be an unusually high number of views compared to the number of posts.

I thought it was quite a well-written story, but there did appear to be an unusually high number of views compared to the number of posts.

50 views per post. Obviously there has been a mistake in the awards voting and therefore I proclaim Smithaldo Writer, newcomer and story of the year.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I thought it was quite a well-written story, but there did appear to be an unusually high number of views compared to the number of posts.

50 views per post. Obviously there has been a mistake in the awards voting and therefore I proclaim Smithaldo Writer, newcomer and story of the year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absoultely agree. I mean, that piece of ****, "Leaving the Past Behind" has only got 26 views per post. How did that ever get voted Story of the Year? What a loser flipsix3 is.

Clearly smithaldo is the new forum legend, and should be granted a place in the Hall of Fame to celebrate.

Originally posted by BobBev:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panpardus:

Just going through the Discussion thread and found a funny link, its bloody hilarious, even though its not really FM, still funny but

Oh my god, that is classic. I might be worng but isn't that Terk? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Busted icon_frown.gif

Clearly smithaldo is the new forum legend, and should be granted a place in the Hall of Fame to celebrate.

Definately. I expect when people voted Amaroq/PM7/Terk they really meant Smithaldo?

Oh my god, that is classic. I might be worng but isn't that Terk?

Thats Terk during the net game icon_wink.gif

Surely by using words like this is implicating violence which should not be tolerated. this should warrant a warning for the sheer message behind this.

for you do not know my footballing knowledge! I should change my name to statto for i know football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Clearly smithaldo is the new forum legend, and should be granted a place in the Hall of Fame to celebrate.

Definately. I expect when people voted Amaroq/PM7/Terk they really meant Smithaldo?

Oh my god, that is classic. I might be worng but isn't that Terk?

Thats Terk during the net game icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely nobody voted a rookie for the Hall of Fame? That's unpossibly ludicrous! icon_biggrin.gif

Just seen the thread illegal football, Im sorry but I had to laugh....Guess people cant seem to read the forum headers, maybe we should have it in bigger writing or an audio option for some lol..

Anyway just got a quick question for you all, has anyone had the same problem I have with FM07, Im on season 2014/15 with Juventus and have just noticed all the player and my manager history has gona blank or saying stuff I havent done. It says I brought Palladino from Bangor City and I was playing for some obscure Serie C1 team. Im using a medium database so if anyone has had this problem aswell I would be grateful to know. Just dont want this being the satrt of the game corrupting cos that would be annoying

Originally posted by Panpardus:

Just going through the Discussion thread and found a funny link, its bloody hilarious, even though its not really FM, still funny but

I've seen that as him playing Unreal Tournament, others say Warcraft, its kind of more believable his actions for it to be FM but not at the end (constant hitting of the keys on the keyboard).

In any case, with my basic knowledge of German, he isn't saying a lot of what the credits say he is.

Got FM2008 yesterday, taking my first serious look at it today. So far (taking the easy way, Man Utd, boo hiss), it looks like a nice evolution. I should like to think the coming year finally sees me have a bit more time on my hands to play it properly, and yes, to write a decent-ish story too. Jury is still out on whether that will be an 01/02 story, or an FM2008 one. I hope the latter game is quick enough to make a 10-season story possible.

The idiot was still on the landing when the Police arrived. It will give you a measure of the state of this country when the female officer radioed for backup, because they were apprehending a big guy with an axe and was told there was no back up and in fact could she call at another incident icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Raptor:

Got FM2008 yesterday, taking my first serious look at it today. So far (taking the easy way, Man Utd, boo hiss), it looks like a nice evolution. I should like to think the coming year finally sees me have a bit more time on my hands to play it properly, and yes, to write a decent-ish story too. Jury is still out on whether that will be an 01/02 story, or an FM2008 one. I hope the latter game is quick enough to make a 10-season story possible.

Not really played much of FM08 so far, all it seems to be is a shinier version of FM07, I can't see that any of the tweaks made have had a huge impact.

FM08. icon_frown.gif

My computer can barely cope with FM05, and it's not even my computer. My wife and I borrowed it from my wife's boss.

Miss me?! icon_biggrin.gif

Still play, but no more writing. I do enough writing at work during the week and I've only recently completed my masters, so writing on weekends is out of the question at the moment.

And from next February, I'll have even less time on my hands, as we're expecting our second child in early Feb! Just in time for the footy season to start! icon_biggrin.gif

Very much true I'm afraid. Not a nice situation to be in, if I suddenly dissapear you know why.

Y'know, if you're going to post something like that, you should really post something like "I'm all right, its only a flesh wound" before you log off for the night.. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Raptor:

Hey Dixie icon_smile.gif Long time no see! Congrats on the masters and the second child, hope all goes well icon14.gif

Gearing up for the summer down there? icon_wink.gificon_frown.gif

G'day Raptor. icon_smile.gif

Thanks very much.

Yep, summer is just around the corner. Spring racing carnival this weekend, culminating in the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday. Don't really like horse-racing myself (not enough horsepower for me), but appreciate the public holiday we get on Tuesday for a horse race! icon_biggrin.gif

I suspect summer is going to be long and hot. We're in the grip of a major drought which doesn't seem to be breaking any time soon. It was 33 degrees Celsius a couple of weekends ago in Melbourne in the middle of October, which is just crazy.

It'll be the first cricket season without Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath or Justin Langer playing, so the cricket against the Sri Lankans and the Indians should be interesting.

Originally posted by Amaroq:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Very much true I'm afraid. Not a nice situation to be in, if I suddenly dissapear you know why.

Y'know, if you're going to post something like that, you should really post something like "I'm all right, its only a flesh wound" before you log off for the night.. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything is fine atm, what I'm not sure about is whether they will keep him locked up over the weekend - I'm assuming they will charge him with something a bit more than a breach, but of course he won't be able to appear in court till Monday so they might just left him out on Police bail. I would hope not but you never know really. I'm not 100% sure if he actually threatened the Police with the axe - I hope he did though simply because they will treat that a lot harsher. They did seem to take a few minutes to 'secure' him and he was crying out to them in the end 'please don't do this' then shouting stuff about the IRA. Guys clearly a psycho.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Miss me?! Big Grin

Not as much as we miss Lionel_Perez according to awards voting icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to try harder!

Originally posted by danny.harv:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> I feel like starting a story but don't know what team to manage.

Ideas anyone? </pre>

Up to you, find a team you like and write about that, or try a nation, I wouldn't go Sunderland again though your previous story on them didnt last to long icon_wink.gif

Exactly. It's a really pathetic state of affairs when the rights of the person commiting the crime are more important than those they are commiting the crime against.

I blame laywers.

Axe murderers are peoples too!!

Archived