Star Ratings.

Quick question / thought about the whole *rating thing - I am using DarkStar's training, and have all 7* coaches. I have noticed though that this season some of my players have lost a * off their rating. e.g. Both Carson and Samba are down to 4* from 5* this season. Their stats have not suffered so I am wondering if this is a relative rating because my side has finished higher. In other words, just like *ratings change between divisions, are they also affected by relative league placings in the top flight? So Carson for instance is 5* player for a team battling relegation (which I was expected to do last season) but a 4* player for a team expected to finish mid-table (this season). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Just thought I'd better say that neither Carson nor Samba are over thirty yet either. So am ruling out age decline for the reason.

It's relative indeed. It's quality versus expectations. If you have players you can compete with for the title and your media prediction is 10th, you'll get relative high ratings.

Also when a player develops and gets better it could happen another player loses a star, because it's relative to the "best player" and "weakest player" - at least, that's my experience.

Quick question / thought about the whole *rating thing - I am using DarkStar's training, and have all 7* coaches. I have noticed though that this season some of my players have lost a * off their rating. e.g. Both Carson and Samba are down to 4* from 5* this season. Their stats have not suffered so I am wondering if this is a relative rating because my side has finished higher. In other words, just like *ratings change between divisions, are they also affected by relative league placings in the top flight? So Carson for instance is 5* player for a team battling relegation (which I was expected to do last season) but a 4* player for a team expected to finish mid-table (this season). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Just thought I'd better say that neither Carson nor Samba are over thirty yet either. So am ruling out age decline for the reason.

Yeah, the star ratings are relative.

I'm not 100%, but I'd imagine it's either down to your club's reputation (which goes up and down, season by season) or maybe your season's expectations, as laid out by the board.

Cheers for the replies.

I think what you've both said makes sense. In the same way I have noticed that when I was only battling relegation my scout (20/20) could find literally hundreds of 4* rated players. This season the numbers have dropped dramatically. So whereas before I was looking for 6* / 7* players now I find that I have to settle for a 5*.

Archived